Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
after five years on trt nd insurance covering it, my insurance denied me...They made me do psa, and hematocrit test on top of the blood work i got done, thank God......then they denied. I wrote them a letter and sent my lab work over four years . anyways, my script was getting low so my local pharmacy and I worked something out, I payed out of pocket.

Thankful for all of this. Nothing can take the place of peace of mind.
I bet it was a female that denied you...just sayin.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
after five years on trt nd insurance covering it, my insurance denied me...They made me do psa, and hematocrit test on top of the blood work i got done, thank God......then they denied. I wrote them a letter and sent my lab work over four years . anyways, my script was getting low so my local pharmacy and I worked something out, I payed out of pocket.

Thankful for all of this. Nothing can take the place of peace of mind.
I bet it was a female that denied you!!!

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
What I see is:
Give a 60 yo, fat US male (fat by statistic), with a history of cardio vascular problems, due to obesity and sedentary lifestyle, TRT -and he is more likely to die.
Why am I not surprised?

Last edited:
thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
What I see is:
Give a 60 yo, fat US male (fat by statistic), with a history of cardio vascular problems, due to obesity and sedentary lifestyle, TRT -and he is more likely to die.
Why am I not surprised?
you ever consider that obesity and sedentary lifestyle might be symptoms of low testosterone?

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
you ever consider that obesity and sedentary lifestyle might be symptoms of low testosterone?
Could be.
You mean like depression or alcoholism, what came first? .
We both know the problem with the average guys nutrition and it effects on overall health and body composition.
If TRT would be prescribed in conjunction with behavioral (sport) and nutritional lifestyle changes, the outcome may be different.

My point is, if TRT has a 30% increased risk of stroke, heart attack, and death, then it should be prescribed to people willing to curb that risk by a healthier lifestyle. Regular check ups on weight and lean body mass could determine if TRT continuous -or is even necessary to begin with, after lifestyle changes, .

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Could be.
You mean like depression or alcoholism, what came first? .
We both know the problem with the average guys nutrition and it effects on overall health and body composition.
If TRT would be prescribed in conjunction with behavioral (sport) and nutritional lifestyle changes, the outcome may be different.

My point is, if TRT has a 30% increased risk of stroke, heart attack, and death, then it should be prescribed to people willing to curb that risk by a healthier lifestyle. Regular check ups on weight and lean body mass could determine if TRT continuous -or is even necessary to begin with, after lifestyle changes, .
lots of drugs increase risk of stroke, heart attack and death-including many otc drugs...what other drugs are you suggesting be put on a regulatory basis?

many popular pre-workouts that contain stims would have same risks to sedentary, overweight 60 year olds.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
lots of drugs increase risk of stroke, heart attack and death-including many otc drugs...what other drugs are you suggesting be put on a regulatory basis?

many popular pre-workouts that contain stims would have same risks to sedentary, overweight 60 year olds.
I know, I'm with you that the FDA is making sometimes ludicrous decisions. So do people using wildly stims and otc meds.
My post is more an idea on how to regulate it intelligently, without considering dismissing TRT as a general health risk.
The study is flawed, as the statistically 30% of risk could be attributed to a majority of individuals in this group, who are obese and sedentary, for instance.

I bet eating french fries, instead of potatoes carries also a 30% risk of stroke, heart attack and whatnot. French fries is not regulated.

I fear for all of you who are on TRT and know how to live a healthy life, because of some fat old farts, who always took pills instead of watching nutrition and exercise.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I know, I'm with you that the FDA is making sometimes ludicrous decisions. So do people using wildly stims and otc meds.
My post is more an idea on how to regulate it intelligently, without considering dismissing TRT as a general health risk.
The study is flawed, as the statistically 30% of risk could be attributed to a majority of individuals in this group, who are obese and sedentary, for instance.

I bet eating french fries, instead of potatoes carries also a 30% risk of stroke, heart attack and whatnot. French fries is not regulated.

I fear for all of you who are on TRT and know how to live a healthy life, because of some fat old farts, who always took pills instead of watching nutrition and exercise.
it's not that I disagree with many of the points you made...more that it seems that trt/testosterone gets singled out for persecution.

many in medical profession seem to be anti-trt[mostly females, imo], so i expect to see many more studies showing risks of testosterone replacement theraphy.

Last edited:
hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
it's not that I disagree with many of the points you made...more that it seems that trt/testosterone gets singled out for persecution.

many in medical profession seem to be anti-trt[mostly females, imo], so i expect to see many more studies showing risks of testosterone replacement theraphy.

With you. TRT shouldn't be blamed as the culprit for a higher mortality, if the recipient is a fat **** neglecting his body.
Better studies needed, also better healthcare with emphasis on education on nutrition and exercise.
That is the condensed version of my thinking. :)

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I bet it was a female that denied you!!!

I have no clue. regardless I paid out of pocket and got my script and that was worth it instead of worrying and battling it out with the insurance company...

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I have no clue. regardless I paid out of pocket and got my script and that was worth it instead of worrying and battling it out with the insurance company...
years ago [2008] when I got laid off and lost insurance my regular pharmacist was cool and let me buy 10ml bottle instead of 2ml bottles which was much cheaper...glad things worked out, john.

ItalOne

ItalOne

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
ohiostate2827,

Please don't do this to your self I have been on TRT 33 yrs and was taken off it seeing Endos back in the day if I was not feeling great on TRT Dr.'s that I seen would send me to see an Endo. Each time the dam Endo would tell me some crap about my labs not being anygood and I need to stop TRT so he can do base line labs.

This happened to me 7 times until I put my foot down each time it was a time frame of 4 to 12 weeks each time I crashed and was so dam sick I could not work and would end up on sick leave. Now what did the Dam Endo find out nothing because once you are on TRT more the 8 weeks your shut down for life and stopping your not going to come back up.

After all the the dam Endo still did not get it right for the first 20 yrs I was told I am Primary my testis don't work well enough to keep my T levels up. It was after I foung a good Dr. up on TRT and his putting me on HCG with my Depo T shots that we seen the HCG make my levels go up from 600 to 1200 showing I am Secondary it's called Hypopituitary.

It was after this they did an MRI on my Pituitary found some damage from a head injury due to an Auto Accident I had 34 yrs ago and having a Pituitary Dr. look over my old labs he said my labs were screaming I am Secondary. So after this my new Dr. start to treat all the hormoens that were in rang but low. Thyroid, Cortisol, Ferriein, Aldosterone and Growth Hormone. It was after this I started to feel 100%.

I need to tell you each time I was taken off TRT and put back on it it took longer to get my levels back up and to feel better. I don't know why it is but everyday at one forum or the other or some new guy joining the forum I Co. Mod at want to quit TRT thinking they don't need it. But it's to late I try to tell men find out why your low before going on TRT and if it can be fixed fix it and your levels will come back up.

I tell them flat out going on TRT more then 8 weeks your on it for life. And all them yrs that other hormoens were not treated did my heart in five yrs. ago I had open heart bypass surgery. My blockages were due to low Growth Hormones all them yrs were Dr.'s that did not know what they were doing told me I am fine my levels are in the normal range. I did not have a heart attack just some bad hearburn testing showed I had two 99% blockages going to my heart and the Dr. could not understand how I was stil a live.

So don't mess around going off your TRT I do what I do at the forums because I don't want to see other men suffer like I did think about what your doing.
If you were using short ester test your levels would have immediately recovered. Also I’m not sure if I was understanding you right, but 8 weeks of trt won’t shut you down for life.