Favorite Way To Cook Chicken

JP10

JP10

Awards
So I prep all of my meals, they usually consist of either chicken breast or ground lean turkey. Try to mix it up as best as I can. Usually make 4-8meals at a time. I tend to pair my chicken with white rice and broccoli, and then just mix up the sauce or seasoning on the chicken. As most of us are concerned with protein intake, chicken is basically a go to item that I am sure majority of AM members eat. Unfortunately I do not have a grille at my apt :(

The reason I made this thread was to get some new ideas, and broaden my chicken cooking horizon lol. And I know that there are so many recipes online, this is more to see what others on the forum like to do. They don't have to by anything fancy, I mean in my case the more simple the better haha.

Go to chicken recipes/methods:
-Olive Garden Light Italian Dressing Marinated Chicken (Usually will oven bake this)
-BBQ Honey Mustard Chicken (Cut chicken into pieces, sauce consists of honey mustard, bbq, brown sugar, and garlic powder. Usually will cook this stove top)
-BBQ Chicken (Literarily top the chicken in bbq and will bake 20-25mins @ 350, flip re-top then finish 20-25mins @ 350) I do this when I feel lazy
-Chicken Salad(Season chicken with salt and pep, and cook stove top. Cut chicken into pieces, 1/3 onion, 4 stalks celery, lots of pepper, 2 decent size spoonfuls of olive oil mayo, chopped walnuts/almonds, and 3/4-1lemon for the juice)

Just a side note, I will usually use chicken breast for all of my recipes. Except for the chicken salad I use the raw chicken tenders for that, they're just easier and tend to be more juicy.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Slow cooker with different spices, marinades etc. Turns out juicy every time and I can cook a week's worth all at once.

JP10

JP10

Awards
Slow cooker with different spices, marinades etc. Turns out juicy every time and I can cook a week's worth all at once.
Great idea, would love to try it if I had a slow cooker lol. Another item to put on my list. I would definitely cook up some pulled pork if I had one, one of my favorite things to eat for sure haha.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Great idea, would love to try it if I had a slow cooker lol. Another item to put on my list. I would definitely cook up some pulled pork if I had one, one of my favorite things to eat for sure haha.
Dude, their like $20. Go out and buy one now!

Danus

Danus

Awards
Best is always going to be on an outdoor grill.
But in your situation you could buy some ginger, garlic and chilli paste, most stores will have this otherwise use the raw ingredients.
Dice up chicken, toss in pan until half cooked then throw in garlic, ginger, chilli and toss until mixed. Then add in soy sauce to add color and simmer.
Thats a macro friendly and micro rich version. Other options are always just toss in a pre made stir fry sauce but then your adding in carbs and fats.

JP10

JP10

Awards
Dude, their like $20. Go out and buy one now!
I know, I gotta get one, just lazy lol. Maybe ill get out and get one this weekend.

Best is always going to be on an outdoor grill.
Dice up chicken, toss in pan until half cooked then throw in garlic, ginger, chilli and toss until mixed. Then add in soy sauce to add color and simmer.
This sounds good for sure, I'm gonna have to give it a try.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I know, I gotta get one, just lazy lol. Maybe ill get out and get one this weekend.

This sounds good for sure, I'm gonna have to give it a try.
If you get one, make sure to get the Reynold's Slow Cooker Liners. You can get them at any supermarket, but Walmart is the cheapest. They are $2 for four liners and make cleanup so easy.

JP10

JP10

Awards
Been trying to up my chicken cooking game. Tried a new recipe, turned out really well, so I figured I would share.

Sweet Chili Chicken:
5tbs Siracha(Add more if you like it more spicy, has a kick with this amount, but nothing crazy)
3tbs Honey
2-3 cloves garlic minced
2-3tbs olive oil

I then marinade for a little while(1-2 hours)
I cook stove top because I don't have a grill. I bet it would be delicious on the grill though.
I've used both chicken breast and chicken tenderloin. Both turned out well!

I wish I could marinade for longer, but what I want to cook is usually last minute. I need to be a little more prepared haha.

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Put it in a ag wiith your favorite marinade...let it sit overnight and grill those suckers

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Rub defrosted chicken with real mayonnaise and then coat in either regular or panko breadcrumbs. Bake at 350.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Cover with BBQ sauce and Cajun spices then barbecue it (or bake at 350 if you can't BBQ).

ozzie1987

ozzie1987

Awards
Mix some Greek yogurt with some herbs and maybe garlic powder. Slice your chicken breast in two (not all the way) and stuff the breast with the Greek yogurt then close back up. Wrap the stuffed breast in a slice or two of bacon and oven cook for around 20-30min. For the last 10 min top with cheese. Even better you can stuff the breast with peanut butter.

lifted67

lifted67

Awards
  • Established
Mix some Greek yogurt with some herbs and maybe garlic powder. Slice your chicken breast in two (not all the way) and stuff the breast with the Greek yogurt then close back up. Wrap the stuffed breast in a slice or two of bacon and oven cook for around 20-30min. For the last 10 min top with cheese. Even better you can stuff the breast with peanut butter.
My wife does that and it's awesome!!!

Brandinooooo

Brandinooooo

Awards
  • Established
Pan fryed till browned and cooked through. Then wrapped in bacon and thrown on the grill.

jt75

jt75

Awards
  • Established
Batten it out until it is flat and coat in garlic powder, onion powder, smoked paprika, salt and black pepper.
Fried in olive oil and a touch of butter and serve with a sweet potato and lots of asparagus, perfect post workout fuel ?

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Thats how i do as well

different spices .. will even do it in buffalo chicken sauce .. salsa/ragu sauce is pretty nice as well

Mivoso

Mivoso

Awards
I should try it someday.

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Chicken fried in avocado oil with Tony Chacheree spices.