QuinoaSucks

QuinoaSucks

Awards
At the Gates - At War with Reality

[video=youtube;aoJYZITMZAI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aoJYZITMZAI[/video]

MMAMONSTER19

Awards
  • Established
Bring Me the horizon-can you feel my heart, shadow moses, sleepwalking, go to hell for heavens sake
Three days grace-i am machine
rob bailey and the hustle standard-hungry
Fall out boy-centuries

some of my latest editions get my focuses and real F'n pumped up

all songs mentioned previously all good as well

DB1219

Awards
Ramstein, Metallica, Volbeat favorites on leg days
Ted Nugent, van halen, AC/DC, Iron Maiden 70's and 80's hard rock other days
Sometimes moving instrumental stuff - 300 soundtrack, classical (like oh fortuna from Carmina Burana) Pink Floyd,
On the cardio machines I like a 60's playlist paul revere raiders, cream, the ventures, yardbirds, one hit wonders
I couldn't workout without the iPod!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Ramstein, Metallica, Volbeat favorites on leg days
Ted Nugent, van halen, AC/DC, Iron Maiden 70's and 80's hard rock other days
Sometimes moving instrumental stuff - 300 soundtrack, classical (like oh fortuna from Carmina Burana) Pink Floyd,
On the cardio machines I like a 60's playlist paul revere raiders, cream, the ventures, yardbirds, one hit wonders
I couldn't workout without the iPod!
other than a few songs i hardly ever listen to music made after 89.

music and cars...they don't make em like they used to.

Piston Honda

Piston Honda

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
other than a few songs i hardly ever listen to music made after 89. music and cars...they don't make em like they used to.
That's cause your car probably either has an 8 track or tape player! Cassettes are making a comeback too...especially in metal. New releases usually have limited runs of 100 cassettes. Metallica is releasing their No Life 'Til Leather demo on Record Store day on 10,000 cassettes.

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
That's cause your car probably either has an 8 track or tape player! Cassettes are making a comeback too...especially in metal. New releases usually have limited runs of 100 cassettes. Metallica is releasing their No Life 'Til Leather demo on Record Store day on 10,000 cassettes.
Hey! Are you saying we're old and not "styling" with our 8 tracks and cassette combos! I resemble that remark! I bet you don't know what "pennying your 8 track means"! Lol!!

DB1219

Awards
Woah...I had an 8-track in my first stereo but I am not familiar with "pennying". Do tell.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
lol....i will tell you what i have at home....pioneer amp and tuner, garrard turntable and bose 901 speakers that i bought in itally back in 79 duty free at the nato base in naples that still sound fantastic-better than the crap they make today....btw-ftw-vinyl will never be topped, i have over 500 classic albums in top notch condition---f*ck todays bulls*tt machine music!!!!

those bose 901 direct reflecting speakers are a true experience-pink floyd never sounded better or john bonhams drum solo on moby dick!!!! can't forget my man neil pert drumming his ass off on tom sawyer---yeah baby!!!!

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
Anything by Annie Lennox

enhanced

enhanced

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I've been listening to a lot of Texas Hippie Coalition and Down lately. Both good music for the weights.

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Woah...I had an 8-track in my first stereo but I am not familiar with "pennying". Do tell.
Lol. When the 8 track tape cartridge would wear, you had to use a penny jammed between the cartridge and the player side to correct so it played right.

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

DB1219

Awards
lol....i will tell you what i have at home....pioneer amp and tuner, garrard turntable and bose 901 speakers that i bought in itally back in 79 duty free at the nato base in naples that still sound fantastic-better than the crap they make today....btw-ftw-vinyl will never be topped, i have over 500 classic albums in top notch condition---f*ck todays bulls*tt machine music!!!!

those bose 901 direct reflecting speakers are a true experience-pink floyd never sounded better or john bonhams drum solo on moby dick!!!! can't forget my man neil pert drumming his ass off on tom sawyer---yeah baby!!!!
Yep, had a big stereo from my days in the (Air Force circa 1986) Bet your speakers are 4 feet tall! Had a ton of classic rock albums, too. Dual Casette players so you could copy tqpes, make tapes for your walkman. I dont miss that hiss though. I like your taste in music. Jimmie Page apparently just re-dubbed/mixed Physical Graffiti. Heard it on the radio and the sound was awesome.

Matthew1237

Matthew1237

Awards
Someone needs to make me a playlist. I train to one song and that's just my insides telling me to keep on pushing. I don't listen to music much anymore #sinful

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Yep, had a big stereo from my days in the (Air Force circa 1986) Bet your speakers are 4 feet tall! Had a ton of classic rock albums, too. Dual Casette players so you could copy tqpes, make tapes for your walkman. I dont miss that hiss though. I like your taste in music. Jimmie Page apparently just re-dubbed/mixed Physical Graffiti. Heard it on the radio and the sound was awesome.
physical graffiti was a very innovative album....jimmy page played a huge role in production of led zeps albums, be interesting to see what he could do with todays technology.....but i doubt he would have the freedom he had back then.

Piston Honda

Piston Honda

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
[video=youtube_share;x5RQ2IXPRpk]http://youtu.be/x5RQ2IXPRpk[/video]

DB1219

Awards
I use iTunes but also load songs from CDs as well.
I get a lot of my music from my library. I can request music from any library in the County, as well. I upload it to my ITunes account. Some stuff you gotta wait for, but you can save a few bucks. Of course I buy it from ITunes as well. Some real gems sometimes. I was able to get both Volbeat albums that way recently.

DB1219

Awards
physical graffiti was a very innovative album....jimmy page played a huge role in production of led zeps albums, be interesting to see what he could do with todays technology.....but i doubt he would have the freedom he had back then.
Zep tunes on my gym playlist right now: When Levee Breaks, Immigrant song, Kashmir

DB1219

Awards
[video=youtube_share;x5RQ2IXPRpk]http://youtu.be/x5RQ2IXPRpk[/video]
Piston, not sure how to post/embed a video like you did and others have done here. Yes, I am essentially an unfrozen caveman in your digital world. Is it easy to do or too confusing for you to explain? talk slow and be patient. I still have a flip phone.

Piston Honda

Piston Honda

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Piston, not sure how to post/embed a video like you did and others have done here. Yes, I am essentially an unfrozen caveman in your digital world. Is it easy to do or too confusing for you to explain? talk slow and be patient. I still have a flip phone.
Can't embed a video via mobile app, you'll just be able to post a link;so when you post via computer, look for an icon in the message box that looks like a frame of film. Click on that and paste the video link into the dialog box. Presto!

DB1219

Awards
Cool. thanks. I'm sure a 6 year old can do it but there isn't one around. I will try.

DB1219

Awards
[video]https://youtu.be/kIBeYoP9Wi0[/video]

This was my go-to song on squat day. Loud. Also, I love Rammstein videos.

Piston Honda

Piston Honda

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
[video]https://youtu.be/kIBeYoP9Wi0[/video]

This was my go-to song on squat day. Loud. Also, I love Rammstein videos.
Then you'll love my favorite Rammstein song:
[video=youtube;RrUPWtVvGX4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RrUPWtVvGX4[/video]

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
Belinda Carlisle

DB1219

Awards
sweet. first time I heard it. I have like four full albums but not this one.

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The Big Chill soundtrack CD - 2 disks full of great songs and memories!

HardB0iled

HardB0iled

Awards
  • Established
Tool - Learn to swim. Pushes me through anything.

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Tool - Learn to swim. Pushes me through anything.
Song is actually called Aenema but hell yea gets the blood going. I love Hooker with a Penis by tool as well, hell that whole album.
"Well now I've got some
A-dvice for you, little buddy.
Before you point the finger
You should know that
I'm the man,
And if I'm the man,
Then you're the man, and
He's the man as well so you can
Point that f****n' finger up your a**!

HardB0iled

HardB0iled

Awards
  • Established
Song is actually called Aenema but hell yea gets the blood going. I love Hooker with a Penis by tool as well, hell that whole album. "Well now I've got some A-dvice for you, little buddy. Before you point the finger You should know that I'm the man, And if I'm the man, Then you're the man, and He's the man as well so you can Point that f****n' finger up your a**!
Thanks for the correction... And yes, Hooker with a penis is another badass song. Maynard rules! Haha

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
Jon secada

HardB0iled

HardB0iled

Awards
  • Established
Ministry - Thieves

This came on in the middle of squats last night... Hell yeah.

DB1219

Awards
Need to refresh my playlists. What are your absolute favorite songs to listen to while lifting?
Ken, I used to run clock/play music during my son's hockey games. I updated a lot of my old guy rock by researching music played during NHL games. Many teams have there own ITUNES playlist such as the Anaheim Ducks. The music tends to translate well to the gym. You can also get on youtube and search sports highlight videos or "PUMP UP" music.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
jimi hendrix...watchtower

nuff said!!!