Favorite intra-workout supp?

wfreiling

wfreiling

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Looking to try something new, I was most recently using Ghost and Intracell 7 before that. I’m looking for the best profile, taste and not a ridiculous price tag…if possible. What do you all use?

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Are you looking for calorie-free or one that has added carbohydrates?
Are you looking for EAA or BCAA's?
What in particular do you want in your intra-workout beverage as far as ingredients go?

Most companies offer performance enhancers (Size for example from Ghost), but I would not classify that as an intra-workout because it is creatine, betaine, senactive, beta-alanine (beta-prime), astragin, and epi

Intracell 7 has more carbs and calories but lacks some of the performance enhancers you may find in Ghost.

So this is why it's crucial to know what you specifically want to help narrow down the options.
The best option is usually a custom build of a few things pending your preference.

wfreiling

wfreiling

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Are you looking for calorie-free or one that has added carbohydrates?
Are you looking for EAA or BCAA's?
What in particular do you want in your intra-workout beverage as far as ingredients go?

Most companies offer performance enhancers (Size for example from Ghost), but I would not classify that as an intra-workout because it is creatine, betaine, senactive, beta-alanine (beta-prime), astragin, and epi

Intracell 7 has more carbs and calories but lacks some of the performance enhancers you may find in Ghost.

So this is why it's crucial to know what you specifically want to help narrow down the options.
The best option is usually a custom build of a few things pending your preference.
Eaas, calories and carbs are fine with me because I’m trying to maintain weight in pct. I’m currently adding Size to my intra.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
So I would keep size as is since it is not really an "intra" per say. it is more of a day to day creatine blend that has performance enhancers.

You could add your own EAA/BCAA + Carb mixture
Morphogen Synthagen + Hexagen (Popular Combo)
Your EAA beverage or choice + Carb10 or HBCD (Cheaper option)
Nutrabio Leg Day

If you are on a budget finding a good BCAA/EAA + Carb mixture of your choice would be the best bang for your buck IMO
You don't need to take size intra (even though you can) you could take it pre/post or anytime throughout the day. If you have Intracell 7 you can use that but add extra carbs pending your daily calories and allotment you want to shift into the peri-workout period.

barische

barische

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Xtend, xtend elite
Purge sports BCAAx - I stocked up since this was amazing profile n no longer available.
Endurance (vitamin shoppe brand) BCAAs - has peak o2, glycine, taurine, BCAA.

+creatine, carnitine, pomegranate juice

MikeSumthin

MikeSumthin

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Redcon1's Grunt felt great while taking during my workouts.

I'm always on the look out for new stuff as well, just don't have a small fortune to spend on every EAA based supp on the planet.

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Yeah buy a bag of HBCD and a bag of EAA from MyProtein or somewhere similar if you don't mind just the basic ingredients. It'd obviiusly tend to be cheapest. And you have the ease of adjusting your carb amount if you want.

If $$ wasn't an issue for me, I'd be using Hexagen and Synthagen, or nutrabios Leg Day.

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I tried karbolyn yearssss ago. I'd use it intra workout and just remember it digesting perfectly and definitely helping to prevent fatigue during my workout. I'd like to try it again, but if I was to use intra workout carbs, I'd do a GDA pre workout and fill my shaker and label 3 parts. Drink 1 part pre, 1 part during and 1 part immediately post. I'd also use EAA, creatine, glutamine and electrolytes with the karbolyn.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
If you are on a budget finding a good BCAA/EAA + Carb mixture of your choice would be the best bang for your buck IMO
Agreed here. You can find quality BCAA products in bulk for fairly cheap and will last you awhile. Then it's just a matter of picking out a carb mixture product.

wesb2387

wesb2387

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Been using gaspari glycofuse as of late. One scoop in 45oz shaker with creatine mono and maybe some eea’s if I’m feelin crazy. Not to pricey since it’s 60 servings per tub, I think I I’ve been paying $35 at a local shop. Lemon ice is a good flavor

banjobounce

banjobounce

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I am currently using EAA's with glutamine as opposed to carbs in a gram for gram substitution. If I do opt for extra carbs, I usually use Ribose because I picked up some for pretty cheap, and it has reported heart benefits.

Brianmc83

Awards
  • First Up Vote
I just ordered morphogen synthagen and hexagen pricey but loaded formulas. I've used hexagen in the past which I really enjoyed its the first time with synthagen just going to do 1 scoop of each intra so should last awhile.