Fathers to be question.

left field

Awards
Hi,

haven't seen this discussed anywhere and not sure if this was the right forum. (Mods, please move to a more appropriate forum if necessary.)

If someone (okay, me) was working at having a child, how would a light prohormone cycle (M4OHN or SD) or PCT (nolva) affect the quantity or ... dare I say it ... quality of one's sperm?

Thanks,

lefty

tattoopierced1

I was on a 1Test/4AD cycle when me and my wife concieved (sp?).

jverch

Board Supporter
Awards
You'd have some strong ass bulked up sperm...:rolleyes: .

barryb1

Awards
I'm 36 and when I was 33 I was on a 1AD cycle. I talked to my doctor who happens to be a very good high school friend and she told to to get off it before I start to try to have a child. She told me there wasn't anything she could sow me that saids it's bad but its just as bad as drinking, or smoking while trying to have a baby. I played it safe and did what she said and I now have a healty 3 year old. Never take a chance with a childs life. Some og these guys might say do it it wont hurt but have you seen how many pro players have kids with medical problems. I'm not all pro players but a large amount of them. Play it safe
That's just me

left field

Awards
Thanks, guys.

I think I'll take it easy unless I hear otherwise. Would love it if Dr. D could pipe up.

tattoo... ten fingers and toes?

lefty

jhferry

Awards
I asked the same question last year. I wouldnt take a chance. I mean think about it, why risk it. Hit your cycle after you conceive. Explain to your wife that your boys arent working because you wanted to gain a few pounds...

tattoopierced1

i'm not condoning it, but things do happen...we werent planning on having a baby and it happened, and everything is fine...

stratvox

stratvox

Awards
Very good question. As the father of 2 beautiful boys , I would not take ANYTHING while trying to conceive. Somewhere it was said on this board, if you are going to use ph, have nolva/pct in order, be prepared to eat etc. Well, if your gonna be a daddy, have the common sense and unselfishness needed to be the best dad you can be and that starts with your health preconception. Im sure your going to be a great dad. good luck man. Your in for a real wild ride. there is nothing better than being a dad except for being a dad 2x!

HUGE

Awards
  • Established
Taking any PH can negatively effect sperm count (but it only takes one.) In any event, if you are serious about having a child lay off the PH's. After the deed is done you can go nuts ( no pun intended).

HUGE

Longdog

Awards
  • Established
I will most likely be trying for a child in a few months. I plan to start a cycle soon & get off, finish PCT ahead of time. In addition to the postential risks, I think it's diificult do conceive while suppressed.

wastedwhiteboy2

wastedwhiteboy2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I agree with huge. the issue is fertility. you are less fertile on a cycle and part of pct. so your chances would be higher if not using ph.

Lean One

Awards
  • Established
I asked this question years ago before concievivg my first child. I was told by a trusted source(with a PHD) that even in studdies using steroids as birth control for males, it takes many months to reduce sperm count to the point of infertility even then it's not reliable enough to warrant its use for that. Think about it. There are plenty of pro bodybuilders out there fathering children. An inteligently planned cycle will not make you infertile.

tattoopierced1

I asked this question years ago before concievivg my first child. I was told by a trusted source(with a PHD) that even in studdies using steroids as birth control for males, it takes many months to reduce sperm count to the point of infertility even then it's not reliable enough to warrant its use for that. Think about it. There are plenty of pro bodybuilders out there fathering children. An inteligently planned cycle will not make you infertile.
This is true...I think though that people are thinking that something can happen though while on cycle, whether it be some sort of genetic fluke or something.. :))

left field

Awards
This is true...I think though that people are thinking that something can happen though while on cycle, whether it be some sort of genetic fluke or something.. :))
Actually, I was kind of hoping it would clear up the webbed fingers that run in my family.

:D

lefty