Father prodding me to take TRT at 22 years of age due to adrenal fatigue.

jcr1000

Awards
Hello Gentleman,
I have a question for all of you. I have asked questions regarding my current health condition (adrenal fatigue due to protracted benzodiazepine withdrawal syndrome) in the past (I believe a year ago) and you were all very helpful, so I thought I would return. My condition has barely improved, unfortunately, and the ridiculous insomnia is really, really taking a toll on my physical and mental health. I'm not quite sure how I have made it this far...I do, however, know that I can't continue on like this forever (I wouldn't want to).

Anyways, my father has been pushing the idea of getting onto testosterone replacement therapy to "push" me out of this hole that I am in. He views my condition as though the massive amounts of stress (due to horrible insomnia) I have been under for the last two and a half years have caused such great dis-regulation w/in my nervous system/ endocrine system that my body simply doesn't know how to pull itself out....that perhaps I am not dealing so much with the benzo withdrawal anymore, just a state of hormonal disarray and adrenal fatigue. I too, wonder if this is the case.

My father thinks that testosterone replacement therapy will somehow pull me out of this slump. At the same time, he believes that this is not a very risky proposition for someone my age and that I can simply get off of it when need be. From what I understand, however, TRT is a lifelong commitment and once started it cannot be stopped (I do not know a lot about exogenous hormone use and for that reason I am here). Just as I have told my mother that I am not willing to play russian roulette with my brain by taking more psych drugs (which got me here to begin with), I feel like taking TRT at my age would also be playing russian roulette with my endocrine system. Besides, I don't think there is any doctor that would prescribe me TRT. I had pretty extensive blood work done about 8 months ago and my free testosterone was 128.0 pg/mL. My total testosterone was 651.0 ng/dL. Can you all please enlighten me on why that would be a bad decision or not, especially given my circumstances and age. Could it potentially benefit me by improving my sleep/ health in general assuming I am just dealing with adrenal fatigue now and not so much the benzo withdrawal?

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Hello Gentleman,
I have a question for all of you. I have asked questions regarding my current health condition (adrenal fatigue due to protracted benzodiazepine withdrawal syndrome) in the past (I believe a year ago) and you were all very helpful, so I thought I would return. My condition has barely improved, unfortunately, and the ridiculous insomnia is really, really taking a toll on my physical and mental health. I'm not quite sure how I have made it this far...I do, however, know that I can't continue on like this forever (I wouldn't want to).

Anyways, my father has been pushing the idea of getting onto testosterone replacement therapy to "push" me out of this hole that I am in. He views my condition as though the massive amounts of stress (due to horrible insomnia) I have been under for the last two and a half years have caused such great dis-regulation w/in my nervous system/ endocrine system that my body simply doesn't know how to pull itself out....that perhaps I am not dealing so much with the benzo withdrawal anymore, just a state of hormonal disarray and adrenal fatigue. I too, wonder if this is the case.

My father thinks that testosterone replacement therapy will somehow pull me out of this slump. At the same time, he believes that this is not a very risky proposition for someone my age and that I can simply get off of it when need be. From what I understand, however, TRT is a lifelong commitment and once started it cannot be stopped (I do not know a lot about exogenous hormone use and for that reason I am here). Just as I have told my mother that I am not willing to play russian roulette with my brain by taking more psych drugs (which got me here to begin with), I feel like taking TRT at my age would also be playing russian roulette with my endocrine system. Besides, I don't think there is any doctor that would prescribe me TRT. I had pretty extensive blood work done about 8 months ago and my free testosterone was 128.0 pg/mL. My total testosterone was 651.0 ng/dL. Can you all please enlighten me on why that would be a bad decision or not, especially given my circumstances and age. Could it potentially benefit me by improving my sleep/ health in general assuming I am just dealing with adrenal fatigue now and not so much the benzo withdrawal?
Given your numbers, I don't see the point at all, in your situation.

Do you currently take anything (prescription, or OTC)?

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
With those numbers, no doctor would prescribe trt.

Steeleydan

Awards
  • Established
I seriously doubt any doctor would prescribe TRT with those levels you have. Also, how did your dad come to the conclusion that your endocrine system is what is causing your symptoms?

Also did you abuse benzos or take a doctor prescribed dose for a period of time? I ask because i abused benzos in large doses with alcohol DAILY for many years and i can say it is definitely a tough thing to come off of, even if you were taking therapeutic doses. It does take a very long time for your body to bounce back and throws everythig out of whack, but 2 and half years seems long

Steeleydan

Awards
  • Established
Also do you think depression has anything to do with this? I was immediately put on an SSRI which works well and doesnt have many drawbacks except for side effects of trying to come off and the fact that im literally stuck on it forever. Ha

DemntedCowboy

DemntedCowboy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Yeah TRT aint happening with those numbers

jrock645

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I think your Dad is on a fishing expedition. I have no idea how he arrived at the conclusion that trt is your answer. As stated above, your numbers there are fine and no dr is giving you test even if you wanted it.

Reactions: Nac

2kvette

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
~600-1200 TT is what you would expect in someone in their 20's who is healthy. No need for hormonal supplements. I'd check my thyroid levels though, much more common.

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
And you’re certain you have adrenal fatigue?

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Since that’s an alternative medical disease with natural treatment options only... I recommend two hours of HIIT cardio seven days a week. That should skyrocket your cortisol levels and leave you feeling energized and refreshed. According to alternative medicine.

Did I mention I don’t believe in alternative medicine...?

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Negative ghost rider your testosterone is full. Try boron citrate to free it up.

YoungThor

YoungThor

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So from what you stated it seems as though all your issues stem from insomnia. Cure the insomnia and you should feel better overall. That doesn’t require pharmaceuticals necessarily. I use valerian root to sleep and it’s effective. You could try cbd or just marijuana in general, especially if you’re in a legal state because then you can get a heavy indica. A balanced diet and exercise regimen can obviously help but considering you’re on anabolic minds I figure it’s likely that those areas are in check. Melatonin can help also but that’s not a good long term strategy since I believe it can disrupt your bodies natural melatonin production. And, lastly, mk677 probably can’t hurt. You’ve probably seen people rave on here about how much it improves sleep. No matter what you choose, I don’t see trt as an option considering you’re a young man with healthy levels.