Unanswered Fat Loss Help?

rboyd0041

Awards
I've been on a cut now for around 4 months after putting on too much excess weight down from 250 to 223. I've been counting macros and watching my calorie intake somewhere between 1800-2100 calories a day. My question is whether anything could help me lose some extra weight, trying to get down to around 200? I have recently been having trouble with high BP and it has been getting better as I've lost weight still would like to avoid stimulants, is anything else worth looking into?

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I've been on a cut now for around 4 months after putting on too much excess weight down from 250 to 223. I've been counting macros and watching my calorie intake somewhere between 1800-2100 calories a day. My question is whether anything could help me lose some extra weight, trying to get down to around 200? I have recently been having trouble with high BP and it has been getting better as I've lost weight still would like to avoid stimulants, is anything else worth looking into?
Can you list your average diet?

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Honestly you seem to be going the right direction and moving along well.

Anything in particular that you feel you need help with? Otherwise your rate of progress is actually pretty good for effective weight loss.

If future goal is 200 you could always take a short diet maintenance break to help with mindset and even boost things up a bit then get back after it to aim for 200 (I usually recommend breaks every so often anyways if there is a long term goal in mind).

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar

Anything in particular that you feel you need help with? Otherwise your rate of progress is actually pretty good for effective weight loss.

If future goal is 200 you could always take a short diet maintenance break to help with mindset and even boost things up a bit then get back after it to aim for 200 (I usually recommend breaks every so often anyways if there is a long term goal in mind).
Agreed, breake/refeeds are beneficial, not just for the mental aspect, but the body will upregulate hormones to accelerate fat loss again.

rboyd0041

Awards
Can you list your average diet?
Usually oatmeal or some type of whole grain and maybe a protein shake for breakfast. Lunch usually consists of some lean proteins (chicken, turkey, etc.) and green vegetables. Dinner is usually around 630 after the gym and usually is also lean meats, vegetables, and I will include carbs like quinoa or brown rice for post workout.

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Usually oatmeal or some type of whole grain and maybe a protein shake for breakfast. Lunch usually consists of some lean proteins (chicken, turkey, etc.) and green vegetables. Dinner is usually around 630 after the gym and usually is also lean meats, vegetables, and I will include carbs like quinoa or brown rice for post workout.
New research has come out stating to eat a very fatty meal for breakfast, and will accelerate fat loss throughout the day. Fatty breakfast. Carbs evening and post workout.

rboyd0041

Awards

I will sometimes give myself a bit of room/breaks on weekends, my biggest complaint is that I am a type 1 diabetic and am insulin dependent. My insulin basically keeps me hungry 24/7 so appetite control sucks, additionally cutting seems super hard so I was looking for something to possibly help in this category but that could be hard without adding some type of stimulant? I have mostly powerlifted in the past and have not really worried about staying in a calorie deficit as it is usually very easy for me to build but always hard to cut.

Dutch guy in asia

Dutch guy in asia

Awards
I will probably be shot down for this but some people use nicotine gum to combat hunger. I know I have and I did not get addicted to the gum, it did help me eat less. Its also said it helps your metabolic rate a bit.

BloodManor

BloodManor

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I will probably be shot down for this but some people use nicotine gum to combat hunger. I know I have and I did not get addicted to the gum, it did help me eat less. Its also said it helps your metabolic rate a bit.
People will hate you for saying that but then recommend people clen lol

rboyd0041

Awards
I am open to any type of advice, gonna reevaluate my diet situation, not that what I have been doing has not worked just may try switching some things up. How do you all feel about forskolin?

Dutch guy in asia

Dutch guy in asia

Awards
I am open to any type of advice, gonna reevaluate my diet situation, not that what I have been doing has not worked just may try switching some things up. How do you all feel about forskolin?
I have no opinion on forskolin besides that you already have to be in a caloric deficit for it to help you.

jmero2

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I will sometimes give myself a bit of room/breaks on weekends, my biggest complaint is that I am a type 1 diabetic and am insulin dependent. My insulin basically keeps me hungry 24/7 so appetite control sucks, additionally cutting seems super hard so I was looking for something to possibly help in this category but that could be hard without adding some type of stimulant? I have mostly powerlifted in the past and have not really worried about staying in a calorie deficit as it is usually very easy for me to build but always hard to cut.
I'm a type 1 as well. I have really good results with a higher fat diet. You'll need less insulin overall but you'll also need to test your ketone levels twice as often.

If you can keep your ketone levels around 3 to 4 you should be ok.

I had a beta cell transplant a few years ago that took so I'm kind of living a somewhat normal life right now aside from the constant bloodwork. I am diligent with blood glucose monitoring as well as blood ketone monitoring. Low carb high fat living is my new normal. I have a sustained body weight of 177 and I'm roughly 11 percent bodyfat. Not as strong as I used to be but who cares, I'm 48 now and really don't need to be pushing myself like that anymore.

Raw Dog

Raw Dog

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Try a 3 day fast and see how it treats you. I’ve done two five days, and I am currently 199 hours into my first 10 day fast. Results have been incredible, I doubt I will ever go back to traditional cutting.

If not open to fasting, Keto one meal a day has been absolutely incredible for me

Raw Dog

Raw Dog

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Btw if you’re worried about strength, I’ve gone from mid 170s to low 140s in 3 months with Keto OMAD and a few fasts. Leanest I’ve ever been and have had some small strength GAINS

Raw Dog

Raw Dog

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Btw if you’re worried about strength, I’ve gone from mid 170s to low 140s in 3 months with Keto OMAD and a few fasts. Leanest I’ve ever been and have had some small strength GAINS

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Try a 3 day fast and see how it treats you. I’ve done two five days, and I am currently 199 hours into my first 10 day fast. Results have been incredible, I doubt I will ever go back to traditional cutting.

If not open to fasting, Keto one meal a day has been absolutely incredible for me
granted i'm no expert on diabetes but from what I 'think' I know fasting would not be a good thing?

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote

granted i'm no expert on diabetes but from what I 'think' I know fasting would not be a good thing?

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote

rboyd0041

Awards
Fasting is a hard one for me, seems like I keep better control throughout the day If I do not fast but I do have a pump that automatically corrects my bg for me. I have been thinking about switching to a lower carb based diet. Only consuming a limited amount of carbs and the ones I do around my workouts. Possibly having refeeds on the weekends something like an Anabolic diet protocol?

Raw Dog

Raw Dog

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Do a bit of research on it, you would be surprised I know that I was. Not only is fasting safe, there are numerous health benefits to extended fasting. Growth hormone surges after a couple of days to protect muscle tissue from the cortisol spike so muscle loss will be negligible and fat loss is astronomical as long as you don’t work out. That’s the hardest part for me, avoiding the gym and having walking as my only form of exercise. Our body is designed for feast and famine cycles, and fasting is pretty much unarguably better for you than calorie restriction is. It is also infinitely more effective and the health benefits of autophagy are numerous. Not to mention the growth hormone surge from fasting doesn’t go away immediately once you start feeding, meaning that not only is fasting an excellent tool for weight loss, it is actually an incredible tool to increase muscle mass. I promise you that fasting will be incredibly mainstream in the near future.

Dr Jason Fung and Dr Rhonda Patrick are two leading experts on fasting if you want to do further research. Also a simple google search of the word “autophagy” will be incredibly eye opening. Spurfy right here on AM is another very knowledgeable individual on the subject

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Do a bit of research on it, you would be surprised I know that I was. Not only is fasting safe, there are numerous health benefits to extended fasting. Growth hormone surges after a couple of days to protect muscle tissue from the cortisol spike so muscle loss will be negligible and fat loss is astronomical as long as you don’t work out. That’s the hardest part for me, avoiding the gym and having walking as my only form of exercise. Our body is designed for feast and famine cycles, and fasting is pretty much unarguably better for you than calorie restriction is. It is also infinitely more effective and the health benefits of autophagy are numerous. Not to mention the growth hormone surge from fasting doesn’t go away immediately once you start feeding, meaning that not only is fasting an excellent tool for weight loss, it is actually an incredible tool to increase muscle mass. I promise you that fasting will be incredibly mainstream in the near future.

Dr Jason Fung and Dr Rhonda Patrick are two leading experts on fasting if you want to do further research. Also a simple google search of the word “autophagy” will be incredibly eye opening. Spurfy right here on AM is another very knowledgeable individual on the subject
good for you, it is important to do your own research involving health issues that affect you.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Fasting is a hard one for me, seems like I keep better control throughout the day If I do not fast but I do have a pump that automatically corrects my bg for me. I have been thinking about switching to a lower carb based diet. Only consuming a limited amount of carbs and the ones I do around my workouts. Possibly having refeeds on the weekends something like an Anabolic diet protocol?
I don't have diabetes but have low blood sugar. fasting is scary to me!!!

Raw Dog

Raw Dog

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
As far as the diabetes context, you’ll likely be able to get off your insulin completely with intermittent fasting though. I’m not a doctor, but it’s definitely worth researching

Raw Dog

Raw Dog

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
As far as the diabetes context, you’ll likely be able to get off your insulin completely with intermittent fasting though. I’m not a doctor, but it’s definitely worth researching

Raw Dog

Raw Dog

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Effects of intermittent fasting on health markers in those with type 2 diabetes: A pilot study

Therapeutic use of intermittent fasting for people with type 2 diabetes as an alternative to insulin

All three subjects in the second study were able to get off insulin completely. 2/3 were able to discontinue ALL diabetes medication and the third was able to discontinue 3 out of 4 medications. This condition is reversible

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I just want to pop back in and say again what you were doing was working I wouldn’t get overly complicated with all these fancy diet plans. I mean you can if you think they’ll help from a compliance and ease of use then go ahead but there is no special magic to them.

jmero2

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

I actually belong to jason Fung's intensive dietary management program, this dude is legit, helping many oeople

jmero2

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I actually belong to jason Fung's intensive dietary management program, this dude is legit, helping many oeople
Virta health is doing really good things with keto and type 2. They recently published their 2 year trial results.

Chados

Chados

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I really like to eat omega 3s and nuts/almonds with high protein and 200gr carbs almost only coming from oats. I dont count calories but im probably around 3k during a cut. It just works magic for me and i think most people would be surprised especially with gear how good it works. Now everyone's not the same size so 3k might not be the right amount for some obviously. Mk677 is also a damn good edition during a cut.