Family Dr. for Bloodwork?

• Thread starter Hypnotic traveling
  • Start date
Hypnotic traveling

Hypnotic traveling

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Anyone have any success using their family dr to request blood work? I’m hesitant. I’m Not sure where the lines lie in regards to being transparent. Does this affect insurance etc? Any insight is helpful.

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Those on TRT usually get blood work done via the PCP. That being said, my PCP does not run tests for some of the things I would like her to (for example estradiol, prolactin, etc.)

Edited - so comment re MDs not running all tests wanted applies only to me.

Last edited:

Stacks1

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
My doctor has no problem prescribing me blood work. They typically don't test for testosterone, estradiol, prolactin, etc., however if I ask them to write me a script for those they will without questioning it, and I am not on TRT. I wouldn't rely on going to your physician 5 or 6X a year for blood work but I'm sure they'll write a script for 1 or 2 times a year without asking questions.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I just to labcorp ondemand or marek health. It's more expensive but it provides me the flexibility without having to go through my primary care.

Stacks1

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I just to labcorp ondemand or marek health. It's more expensive but it provides me the flexibility without having to go through my primary care.
I do that too. I pretty much have made a habit of using a doctor's script for blood work 2X per year. I usually have this done pre-cycle when I believe my blood work should be optimal. Then any blood work done mid cycle, PCT, etc I just have done on my own.

Gothat3rs

Gothat3rs

Awards
I just had my regular doctor send me for blood work and I asked her to test everything. Test estrogen lh fsh alt ast the whole deal and she had no problem I even told her I wanted to pull them again soo. To see if I can make some areas better and she said no problem

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Anyone have any success using their family dr to request blood work? I’m hesitant. I’m Not sure where the lines lie in regards to being transparent. Does this affect insurance etc? Any insight is helpful.
I haven't had a legit panel in 10 years but that was with my family m.d.
in a couple weeks I have an appt with my family doc and I plan to ask her for a full panel with my key interest of course being hormones and I don't think she'll give me any grief. I'm not using injectables so transparency isn't as a big of a deal to me but I do plan to talk to her about options. my experience with family docs (FOR ME AT LEAST) is that they wanted to know if I was going to use anabolics and they wanted me to be safe. the conversation had come up in the past for me but never went past that since I never moved to anything that harsh.