Family Board (and card) Games

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Anyone else into (real, not video) games with their families? My kids really like Monolopy; we have a few different versions as well (Call of Cthulhu, Philadelphia, and Pokémon). For Christmas, they got Ticket to Ride (kids version) but we haven’t played it yet. They gave me Pandemic for Christmas but it’s too hard for a 6 year old and 8 year old I think. Or at least it was too hard for me to read all those rules/instructions when I tried. I’ll have to try again when I’m fresh. I want to get Arkham Horror eventually but I’m sure the kids can’t handle that yet. We also love to play Pit (crop trading game).

Anyone else love games? What do y’all play?

For the record, I don’t mean any gambling games...

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Forgot to mention, we played King of Tokyo at a rental game store and it was a blast. Definitely getting it for my son’s birthday!

Also considering getting the Pandemic Reign of Cthulhu game. Looks much more interesting than the regular Pandemic game.

UCSMiami

UCSMiami

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
We were three brothers and one cousin so we played the Game of Life often. It was well done and ideal for our age group and no. of players. Grade 1-5.
For some reason we found the game Trouble a favorite.
The other games we played were two player and a bit older age group than in the OP.

Well I think Operation would still be a hit. So would Mousetrap for the younger set.