Fairly low Test levels but I feel good. Why?

triton185

triton185

Awards
  • Established
I am 38 and my test level is low 300s. I was just wondering why I don't really have symptoms. I am horny as heck.....aggressive and don't have a problem gaining muscle. Can someone explain this to me?

monsterbox

monsterbox

Awards
  • Established
I am 38 and my test level is low 300s. I was just wondering why I don't really have symptoms. I am horny as heck.....aggressive and don't have a problem gaining muscle. Can someone explain this to me?
I felt the same way when my levels were in the 300's, until I got on TRT and moved them to the 1000's :)

I thought I was normal and had no reason to even believe I had low T until I saw the 300's on a blood test one day. Then it made sense, the mood swings, the random depression somedays, anxiety/sleeplessness that I would get sometimes. I was already a very jacked 185lbs.

Its because you probably have a low SHBG, which is allowling alot of your total T to be free, so your are barely getting enough bioavailable. The difference in sex drive, well being, etc is greatly increased now from when I was in the 300's. I can't get enough sex, its amazing. I walk into a room full of people and feel like I can talk to anyone!

triton185

triton185

Awards
  • Established
I def have random depressed days, literally for no reason....always have. I also have some anxiety issues although a lot of it I have just been mentally coping with and have gotten fairly good at it. I guess I just never thought about it because I have always gained muscle easily. I have an appointment in the morning with my endo (see her for my blood sugar issue). May ask for another test....it has been at least 8 months since the last one.

superone

Awards
  • Established
Okay now that you guys said this i think i have Low T aswell, but i looked pretty jacked. Weird. I definetly have the random depression, like just now i was eating and started crying because i was thinking of past bull**** that happened, a grown 26 year old man crying.

And my face seems puffy/soft too, not lean and chisled like a model, which i should have because i used to have this and have even more of a 6 pack now than before. I see guys with a lean face with no abs at all so something is up here. I dont feel like a man at all, i dont feel comfortable outside and i dont feel comfortable with the opposite sex.

Im going to try some proviron before i look into the other ****.

triton185

triton185

Awards
  • Established
Okay now that you guys said this i think i have Low T aswell, but i looked pretty jacked. Weird. I definetly have the random depression, like just now i was eating and started crying because i was thinking of past bull**** that happened, a grown 26 year old man crying.

And my face seems puffy/soft too, not lean and chisled like a model, which i should have because i used to have this and have even more of a 6 pack now than before. I see guys with a lean face with no abs at all so something is up here. I dont feel like a man at all, i dont feel comfortable outside and i dont feel comfortable with the opposite sex.

Im going to try some proviron before i look into the other ****.
I dont feel like that at all. I have a lean face....chiseled chin. I just know that my number is low because it has been tested twice.

triton185

triton185

Awards
  • Established
Monsterbox............I am going in the morning to my endo. I have a physical appt with her as she is my family practitioner also. She always does blood work and I am going to ask her to check my test level. I can guarantee you that it will be around 300 or maybe below. I have been checked twice. Once was after an 10 day epi cycle that I cut short....my test level was 285 then I went back a couple of months later and it was 325. I am 38 btw. What should I tell her? I actually would like to go on trt and honestly I know that I will be on it one day anyway because I had an issue once with one of my testes...basically an injury when I was young.

svt cobra

About two years ago, an article in Men’s health magazine addressed low test levels in a few non-professional athletes from different sports backgrounds, who were otherwise in great shape, felt great, etc.

After going on TRT, however, they went off the chart in performance and general well being. The gist of the article is that you need to be checked and address a low test level because you may not know what you have been missing!

triton185

triton185

Awards
  • Established
About two years ago, an article in Men’s health magazine addressed low test levels in a few non-professional athletes from different sports backgrounds, who were otherwise in great shape, felt great, etc.

After going on TRT, however, they went off the chart in performance and general well being. The gist of the article is that you need to be checked and address a low test level because you may not know what you have been missing!

I have talked to my endo in the past and she said I was fine....test level was 325. That is low. I am going to push a little in my appt tomorrow.....I would like to a least give trt a try.

monsterbox

monsterbox

Awards
  • Established
Monsterbox............I am going in the morning to my endo. I have a physical appt with her as she is my family practitioner also. She always does blood work and I am going to ask her to check my test level. I can guarantee you that it will be around 300 or maybe below. I have been checked twice. Once was after an 10 day epi cycle that I cut short....my test level was 285 then I went back a couple of months later and it was 325. I am 38 btw. What should I tell her? I actually would like to go on trt and honestly I know that I will be on it one day anyway because I had an issue once with one of my testes...basically an injury when I was young.
Its probably from the injury. I have a varicocele which is contributing to my levels.

300's is not considered "low" enough for doctors to medically prescribe you testosterone. You need to find and anti-aging clinic to put you on TRT. Endo's are idiots and won't help you unless you are below 250ng/dl. Its funny because 300's is the mean for an 60+yr old.

monsterbox

monsterbox

Awards
  • Established
I don't want you guys to automatically assume you T is low because you are anxious/depressed. Theres tons of things that will make you anxious/depressed. Its just, low T can contribute. Its not a miracle cure by getting on HRT. It just helps out a little. The difference between 300ng/dl and 1000ng/dl is pretty significant on your mind, but its not that big of a deal on your body. Now 500mg/wk of test, and 3000ng/dl + thats another story....

triton185

triton185

Awards
  • Established
I don't want you guys to automatically assume you T is low because you are anxious/depressed. Theres tons of things that will make you anxious/depressed. Its just, low T can contribute. Its not a miracle cure by getting on HRT. It just helps out a little. The difference between 300ng/dl and 1000ng/dl is pretty significant on your mind, but its not that big of a deal on your body. Now 500mg/wk of test, and 3000ng/dl + thats another story....

You know much more than I do about this and I agree with you. I was just amazed at my low number when I was tested back in the fall. It has always been a concern of mine because of the injury. I do not expect some miracle but I honestly believe that I have a good case for it considering my injury and the fact that I am active and healthy and my T levels are low. I know my Dr very well as I have seen her for years about my sugar issue. I can be very frank with her and am very comfortable talking to her. Thanks for your help and I will let you know how it turns out.

triton185

triton185

Awards
  • Established
I had my blood work drawn today but do not have the results yet.

But I had a conversation with my Dr and back in Aug 09 my Total test was 325 and my free test was 73 and free test % was 2.3

She said this was fine because my free test was 73 and that was good.

Thoughts anyone?

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
I had my blood work drawn today but do not have the results yet.

But I had a conversation with my Dr and back in Aug 09 my Total test was 325 and my free test was 73 and free test % was 2.3

She said this was fine because my free test was 73 and that was good.

Thoughts anyone?
I would have to see total scenerio from the beginning looking to see what blood test were or not done to see if there could be any issues dealing with adrenal or thyroid conditions that may not allow your body to properly send out the signal or you lack the proper building blocks to make it. This is not an easy task and can take several hours to sift through medical history, past labs and brain storm about where to look at next. SHBG is a more accurate indicator of bio T free T makes up only 1% and is only small part of the equation.