Facts and Myths about DHT

jaydee

Awards
  • Established
I found this link in Bodybuilder.com:

Bodybuilding.com - Reform Mag - The Facts And Myths About: DHT!

This section I found interesting with regard to how DHT effects the production of gonadotrophins:

"As I started to explain before, DHT is a strong androgen that will signal the pituitary to decrease the production of gonadotropins. The decrease in gonadotropins will then cause less testosterone to be produced which will in turn cause the estrogen levels to drop. The resulting change in the hormonal milieu (high DHT, low estrogen) then apparently results in a regression of BPH. The clinical application of this theory is discussed in US patent 5,648,350 Dihydrotestosterone for use in androgenotherapy."

With guys who dont recover from finasteride, a lot them say that when they quit the drug, their symptoms get far worse. I wonder if this is because when DHT is suddenly produced again, that the HPTA sees it and decreases the amount of gonadotropins which results in the lowered amount of testosterone. Somehow it resets at this low level. A lot of post finasteride guys hover around a 500 T level.

cpeil2

Awards
  • Established
I found this link in Bodybuilder.com:

Bodybuilding.com - Reform Mag - The Facts And Myths About: DHT!

This section I found interesting with regard to how DHT effects the production of gonadotrophins:

"As I started to explain before, DHT is a strong androgen that will signal the pituitary to decrease the production of gonadotropins. The decrease in gonadotropins will then cause less testosterone to be produced which will in turn cause the estrogen levels to drop. The resulting change in the hormonal milieu (high DHT, low estrogen) then apparently results in a regression of BPH. The clinical application of this theory is discussed in US patent 5,648,350 Dihydrotestosterone for use in androgenotherapy."

With guys who dont recover from finasteride, a lot them say that when they quit the drug, their symptoms get far worse. I wonder if this is because when DHT is suddenly produced again, that the HPTA sees it and decreases the amount of gonadotropins which results in the lowered amount of testosterone. Somehow it resets at this low level. A lot of post finasteride guys hover around a 500 T level.

One needs to beware when citing to patent documents in science-y areas like pharmaceuticals. The Patent Office is only interested in whether the invention is new, useful and nonobvious. They leave it to others to determine the quality of the underlying science.