Facial changes/maturation from AAS use?

CroLifter

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Has anyone else noticed it...particularly those of you who cycled in your early 20s like I did.

I noticed rapid...eh i would call it "maturation" of my face, but not really just maturation, but as if my facial structure took a different developmental path compared to previous years.

Not so much after the test only cycle, but significant changes after this latest run which included tren and mk677.

I am looking at pics when i was 21 yo (2.5 years ago, just before the 1st cycle), I remember being very lean, was on a bery low calorie diet, i was at my lightest since 2015, yet face still looks waaay different now. Not only as if I aged 5 years, but also simply different.

I like the look haha, much more masculine, however i dont want ro look any older than this lol.

From looking like a chid basically, even having kinda feminine features in my face, to now some people thinking I am older than I am actually.

Has anyone else had that happen?

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Yes. I've noticed a similar thing. With women (who use AAS), it is even more noticeable.

KingAnt

KingAnt

Awards
  • Established
These guys are all right. But there's definitely the compounding effect of just rapid development and life stressors and experience that are introduced between the ages of 20 and 28ish.

CroLifter

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
AAS basically make you age faster.. especially testosterone so that’s not surprising. crolifter about to be 40 years old in 2 years hehehehe
Interesting, because aas are supposed to increase collagen production, hence improve skin quality.

Progestins especially, thicken the skin.

Maybe we look older because masculine faces are perceived to be older.

I certainly got rid of any feminine features as far as my face goes.

As far as stressors, i refuse that to get to me. I live a pretty care free life actually, especially now its my attitude. I almost died twice anyway, why stress over stuff when in fact i was close to a point where it would never matter to me.
It opens your eyes.

Last edited:
Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Is this not simply because the androgenic effects are basically increasing masculinity based aspects (obviously on men it’ll be far less than for women but for men who previously had ‘softer’ features I would suggest that is probably down to hormones and a lower androgen load in younger years).......

Zvch

Zvch

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I haven’t noticed anything appearance wise yet but I’m only 2 and a half years in. I have noticed my facial hair grows thicker and my voice seems to have gotten permanently deeper. I’ve played guitar and written music all my life and after being on Test for even a year and running a few cycles, I could no longer hit a falsetto to save my life. Still can’t. My vocal range is not near as high as it used to be.

CroLifter

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Is this not simply because the androgenic effects are basically increasing masculinity based aspects (obviously on men it’ll be far less than for women but for men who previously had ‘softer’ features I would suggest that is probably down to hormones and a lower androgen load in younger years).......
This...more like i lost feminine rather than childish features.

I think its because of what you say...men with more feminine features, like women, will experience more profound changes...also being young (in ones early 20s) is probably a factor.

That being said i dont know what to think of it. I like the new look, absent of semi-hermafroditism 😂, but i dont want to look a whole lot older than this haha

Leakydelts

Leakydelts

Awards
  • First Up Vote
I'm 37 now and I haven't seen anything like that. I've done some pretty heavy cycles over the last 10 years but I didn't really start messing with pro hormones even until mid 20s.

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I'm 37 now and I haven't seen anything like that. I've done some pretty heavy cycles over the last 10 years but I didn't really start messing with pro hormones even until mid 20s.
i think if you naturally had a more masculine set of features to start with you wouldn’t notice it as much though....

Leakydelts

Leakydelts

Awards
  • First Up Vote
i think if you naturally had a more masculine set of features to start with you wouldn’t notice it as much though....
That's probably fair. I'm surprised I haven't seen hair loss from all the DHTs, I've had this same V shaped hair line since I was 8 though and it's never changed

Lowkii

Lowkii

Awards
  • First Up Vote
haha - me too - this is my current hair situation 😂😂
Mine isn't much better. Both my Dad and Brother last there hair when they reached 17... Not even steroid usage has caused me to lose my haiir.. I guess the genetic gene skipped me and passed onto my brother. Although my hair does take longer to grow back and occasionally feels thinner,.

Jinsun

Jinsun

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Aas induced facial changes are not permanent imo at least not for me. My voice also changes on cycle, it gets deeper.

I always look better on cycle, as my face fills up. I have a pretty slender face and watter retention makes me look more normal. The dbol moon face everybody dreads makes me look much better for instance.

But ...unfortunately all of that goes away.

What is interesting is head/scalp changes due to GH use. When people look like they have two horns on the sides of the head. Mike Israetel is a good example of this or Kai Green, and a lot of others.

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Wtf is this bro go get a haircut
😂😂 we’ve been locked down with all hairdressers closed since first week of jan bro, I needed a haircut then (was actually booked in for one just a few days after they locked us down) and it grows quick

for clarity this isn’t a ‘choice’ I’ve made 😂

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
😂😂 we’ve been locked down with all hairdressers closed since first week of jan bro, I needed a haircut then (was actually booked in for one just a few days after they locked us down) and it grows quick

for clarity this isn’t a ‘choice’ I’ve made 😂
😂😂😂 all right bro good excuse! Gotta have a clean hair cut to go with that juiced up body.

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
😂😂😂 all right bro good excuse! Gotta have a clean hair cut to go with that juiced up body.
😂😂 until the last few weeks I was using products and trying to style it but on the basis I’m not allowed to leave the house apart from walking the dog I’ve given up 😂

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
😂😂 until the last few weeks I was using products and trying to style it but on the basis I’m not allowed to leave the house apart from walking the dog I’ve given up 😂
I actually picked on you for fun because my hair look EXACTLY like yours lmfaoo I usually go once or twice a month because I’m a salesman and unfortunately it’s a lot about the looks... but they’re closed right now so I look like a clown

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I actually picked on you for fun because my hair look EXACTLY like yours lmfaoo I usually go once or twice a month because I’m a salesman and unfortunately it’s a lot about the looks... but they’re closed right now so I look like a clown
lol, I’m also in sales bro. I’m currently playing on it a bit as a ice breaker with clients as we are all in the same boat.

what do you sell?

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Don’t forget ; having more muscle , a more pronounced jaw line, thicker traps/neck , etc just makes anyone look more masculine so it can be perceived as older as in less of the baby face . I’d prefer a sharp jaw and masculine look than the baby face lol

CroLifter

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Don’t forget ; having more muscle , a more pronounced jaw line, thicker traps/neck , etc just makes anyone look more masculine so it can be perceived as older as in less of the baby face . I’d prefer a sharp jaw and masculine look than the baby face lol
How old are you?

btw just shaved my beard for a different look. I still look more serious but yay i am 20 again.

Last edited: