Faber Vs Brown II (WEC)

Jessep76

Jessep76

Awards
  • Established
Not gonna spoil it if anyone missed it.
:DJust one hell of an emotional fight. Damn it I might have even gotten a little misty, but fighting another 4 rounds on a broken hand and still looking phenomenal!!!! I'm sorry but IMO thats f+cking fight of the year. Both guys did not disappoint me and the outcome was not hard to call. BUT.... if he hadn't broken his hand.... ???? :D:D

elscotto

elscotto

Awards
i have been hearing wonderful things about this fight and how tuff faber was... its really such a shame now they will have to have a third fight lol

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Both guys r warriors. I just think Brown is too big at 145 for Faber.

Nole1

Nole1

Awards
  • Established
Brown certainly was able to muscle him around on the mat, but the broken right and injured left had Faber fighting with only elbows. Just no way he was gonna win without a lucky shot. He had Brown in a couple of tight guilletines, but couldn't lock him hands together to sinch it in....

There will certainly be a 3rd fight, but Brown will probably fight Aldo first.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Its amazing how good Aldo is considering how young he is

Jessep76

Jessep76

Awards
  • Established
Brown certainly was able to muscle him around on the mat, but the broken right and injured left had Faber fighting with only elbows. Just no way he was gonna win without a lucky shot. He had Brown in a couple of tight guilletines, but couldn't lock him hands together to sinch it in....

There will certainly be a 3rd fight, but Brown will probably fight Aldo first.
Honestly though... that inverted guilletine Faber had looked tight. I was on the edge of my seat but with that bum hand he was doomed to let go. One of those things that could have been...... maybe

Jessep76

Jessep76

Awards
  • Established
Not totally sure why he's not next in line but he's gonna be tuff competition. Don't think I've seen this other guy fight thats supposed to be next in line. If I was a betting man I'd say Aldo will fight Faber next.

time lord

time lord

Awards
i don't even know if i would call aldo "technically good"... imo his technical skill level is near the middle of the pack. what he does have going for him is a massive amount of that good ole youthful impetuous mindset combined w/ just enough skill that whatever crazy ass thing he decides to try has a reasonable chance of landing. the only thing you can expect him to do is something unexpected. i think he's good b/c of his age, not in spite of it. very very few seasoned, older fighters would bank everything on a flying knee in the first seconds of a match ala brown vs. faber II.

Jessep76

Jessep76

Awards
  • Established
I'm not sure what would happen for him against Mike Brown. All I know is.....I WANNA SEE THAT SH!T

Oh for anyone who wants to catch WEC 41 again it should be playing tonight on versus in the early evening depending on where you are.

Flyers2385

Awards
He might be out for up to a year it looks with multiple fractures. I want to see him back asap!

*urijahfaber.com

Lacradocious

Lacradocious

Awards
  • Established
That is incredible. The x-ray is painful to look at. I wonder if that happened with one punch or if he broke it and then made it worse with additional punches. He did amazing considering he fought the majority of that fight with that injury.

Jessep76

Jessep76

Awards
  • Established
He makes elbows look easy.
I read that he'll be out till December unless he's cleared by a doctor.

bigwhiteguy29

Awards
  • Established
yea he is a warrior! aldo is scary! I really enjoy the WEC.

Jessep76

Jessep76

Awards
  • Established
Aldo is gonna give Mikey some trouble! WEC are dragging their feet with his title shot for some reason.
Whats with Varner acting all villian'ish. He's a pud.

bigwhiteguy29

Awards
  • Established
is varner the 155 pound champ?> if so hes a flamer.