Exterior house cleaning

enhanced

enhanced

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
With the warmer spring weather upon us, I'd like to clean the exterior of my house. A couple years ago we had it painted white. (Stucco and brick). Now, every little spot or mark shows up.
I've seen different cleaning solutions available.
What solution or method do some of y'all prefer?

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
In for interest. We are about to start an addition to the house and when complete, we will be painting the brick. Wife wants white with charcoal accents, I want charcoal with white accents.

BCseacow83

BCseacow83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
We have an attachment for the hose that is like a really weak power washer. There is NO power source other than the water so it's not taking off paint but works well for cleaning without damage and without buying a power washer. For the life of me I can't find the damn thing online. I will check the brand when I get home. It is incredible the amount of

enhanced

enhanced

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I normally use a cleaning solution in a pump sprayer and just rinse with a garden hose, but I was wondering if there's a product out there that some people just can't live without.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I power wash a lot in the summer, in a 2 gallon pump sprayer I put 1cup bleach and 1 cup jomaxx and fill the rest with water. Spray it on, wait 15 min and power wash it off. That's my mixture for vinyl siding.

For stucco I use double the bleach but I scrub the surface with a big scrub brush before washing it of.

You gotta be careful about getting the bleach solution on wooden surfaces. You can use it but dispurse evenly and don't let it sit too long

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I don't understand way people paint brick, brick is maintenance free once you paint it, it requires years maintenance and will need repainted at some point.

titanium3m

Awards
Home Armor E-Z house wash. Always does a great job on siding and painted concrete. Attaches to hose.

enhanced

enhanced

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I don't understand way people paint brick, brick is maintenance free once you paint it, it requires years maintenance and will need repainted at some point.
After 10byears in the house, we were ready for a different look and painting was cheaper than buying a new house. Lol

celc5

celc5

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Krud kutter is a good premade solution. Tons of how to videos on YouTube using that and similar solutions with power washer. I'm not super handy so it took me some practice before I caught on to avoiding leaving streaks