Explain PCT > Natural Production > Estrogen > Gyno to me a bit more?

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Like I'm 6, lol.

I thought I was finally understanding some of the relationships but then I caught this in my spam today:

Blackstone Labs Letro-XT is one of the best supplements for controlling and blocking excess estrogen. Loose that water retention in the man boob area now. Use Letro-XT! 30 - 60 days on and you'll be feeling and looking better than ever.
That was the email ad.
As you guys know I've wondered if I picked up a little hint of gyno this year from playing with dhea and whatnot since i started itching so bad it would wake me up at night, and i developed some odd shaping in the nip region.

The past few weeks I've cut out everything from my routine other than phosphatidic XT, epiandrolean, inhibit-E (on my last capsule) and about a week ago started throwing in my Sustain Alpha again. (oh and orchic extract or MOFO)

I feel like these past few days (5 ish?) my chest looks normal again, although intermittently itchy. My "production" seems to be back to 16yr old boy status and I woke up at 3am unable to sleep cause I was pitching a tent. Sorry for TMI... but it's all relevant right?

when I took Sustain Alpha back in January it seemed good, mild but good. During dermacrine and ultra hard I stopped cause I noticed NOTHING from it. Now all the sudden back on it I feel like it's hitting me hard in a positive way.

so in regards to the PCT > I thought PCT was intended to help restore your natural testosterone production after shutting yourself down with other compounds, but is it also some how working as an estrogen blocker that would help normalize additional chest fat I could be storing up in my nipply areas? or am I just looking less puffy cause I dropped those 10lbs in May?

super confused by the whole process I guess.

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Like I'm 6, lol.

I thought I was finally understanding some of the relationships but then I caught this in my spam today:

That was the email ad.
As you guys know I've wondered if I picked up a little hint of gyno this year from playing with dhea and whatnot since i started itching so bad it would wake me up at night, and i developed some odd shaping in the nip region.

The past few weeks I've cut out everything from my routine other than phosphatidic XT, epiandrolean, inhibit-E (on my last capsule) and about a week ago started throwing in my Sustain Alpha again. (oh and orchic extract or MOFO)

I feel like these past few days (5 ish?) my chest looks normal again, although intermittently itchy. My "production" seems to be back to 16yr old boy status and I woke up at 3am unable to sleep cause I was pitching a tent. Sorry for TMI... but it's all relevant right?

when I took Sustain Alpha back in January it seemed good, mild but good. During dermacrine and ultra hard I stopped cause I noticed NOTHING from it. Now all the sudden back on it I feel like it's hitting me hard in a positive way.

so in regards to the PCT > I thought PCT was intended to help restore your natural testosterone production after shutting yourself down with other compounds, but is it also some how working as an estrogen blocker that would help normalize additional chest fat I could be storing up in my nipply areas? or am I just looking less puffy cause I dropped those 10lbs in May?

super confused by the whole process I guess.
I think part of it depends upon how you're using the "phrase" PCT.

PCT isn't a specific drug, compound, or supplement(s).

If you replace "PCT" in your question, with Nolvadex (for instance), then you can get a better answer.

If Nolvadex is your PCT drug, then yes, Nolvadex is mainly there to help restart your natural Hormones.
AND, Nolvadex Can (and usually does) help keep Estrogen from locking onto certain receptor sites. For instance, in the male chest/breast area.
So Nolvadex can help with gyno prevention/reduction. And it can also help with non gyno swelling IMO/IME, as it keeps Estrogen from locking onto Receptors in that area.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Post Cycle Therapy (PCT) is a regimen, not just one thing.

Over the years, PCT has gotten stereotyped as just helping to restore testosterone levels after a cycle, but the original meaning and concept behind PCT was that it was to encompass what one needed to do post cycle - and that depended a lot on the cycle itself. A common PCT should address any of the following - restoring natural testosterone levels, decreasing estrogen, preventing estrogen rebound, reducing prolactin, liver support, and any other cycle related issues that may come along with a cycle.

The line you quoted from the email you received is a sales/marketing email pitch - anti-estrogen products in general help men shed excess fluid weight, BUT the excess fluid weight is not specific to the chest area as related to estrogen.

If you have excess estrogen, then that can cause fluid retention all over; moreso in some people than others.

If you have gyno, then anytime estrogen levels go up, it can cause a flareup.

There may be correlation between excess estrogen and fluid retention, but that is personal dependent. BUT there is no correlation between fluid weight and gyno itself.

For example, you mentioned Inhibit-E - many men use Inhibit-E to help keep estrogen levels down and to help them metabolize estrogen more efficiently to optimize testosterone to estrogen levels. There are men that use Inhibit-E on cycle and during PCT, but there are many men that use Inhibit-E that have never or would never touch any type of cycle and are using it just to help keep their estrogen levels in check in order to help them in general. It is very common for men to report Inhibit-E helping them reduce fluid weight and many people use it when dieting for that purpose as well.

I hope that helps.

Last edited:
Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I think part of it depends upon how you're using the "phrase" PCT.

PCT isn't a specific drug, compound, or supplements(s).
Post Cycle Therapy (PCT) is a regimen, not just one thing.
this part I understood, I think it was the purpose that I confused myself on.

So Nolvadex can help with gyno prevention/reduction. And it can also help with non gyno swelling IMO/IME, as it keeps Estrogen from locking onto Receptors in that area.
I think a part of me was under the impression somehow that it wasn't entirely reversible

Over the years, PCT has gotten stereotyped as just helping to restore testosterone levels after a cycle, but the original meaning and concept behind PCT was that it was to encompass what one needed to do post cycle - and that depended a lot on the cycle itself. A common PCT should address any of the following - restoring natural testosterone levels, decreasing estrogen, preventing estrogen rebound, reducing prolactin, liver support, and any other cycle related issues that may come along with a cycle.

OK I guess I did understand better than I thought.

Are a lot of guys running an E inhibitor (OTC or RX strength) DURING cycle?

nostrum420

nostrum420

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
It depends on what they're cycling but, yeah, it's pretty common. Usually during the cycle an aromatase inhibitor is used and a SERM is typically used post cycle.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
A lot of people do use estrogen control products during their cycles.

Almost anyone on HRT uses some type of anti-estrogen on HRT.

We get a lot of people that buy Inhibit-E based off of HRT clinic recommendations. The most common anti-estrogen prescription for HRT is Arimidex, and a lot of men have side effects with it and a lot of men experience their estrogen levels yoyo'ing badly on it - and a lot of HRT clinics refer people to use Inhibit-E to help keep their estrogen levels lower more consistently.

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
"I think a part of me was under the impression somehow that it wasn't entirely reversible"

Once gyno reaches a certain point, it isn't entirely reversible. It can be minimized (sometimes even to the point you can't tell it is there), but past a certain point, the only way to get rid of it, is through surgery.

Quest

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Interesting, my doc will not prescribe me a anti e. Not that I need one, I asked when I had to switch docs. Said they are very bad for you.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
"I think a part of me was under the impression somehow that it wasn't entirely reversible"

Once gyno reaches a certain point, it isn't entirely reversible. It can be minimized (sometimes even to the point you can't tell it is there), but past a certain point, the only way to get rid of it, is through surgery.
I don't feel any lumps, just occasional weird shape and slight puffiness in one nipple, the other one hasn't shown any signs. talked to Kleen about it a lot and he thinks it could be transient fat because sometimes I wake up and it looks funny but after I get out of a hot shower it looks normal again. its weird. on day after drinking too much the night before it was the worst I had seen so I thought well Alcohol > Estrogen > nip issues so I went dry for a while, but when I drank again, no issue so the only real constant I have is a couple particular compounds that make it itchy, and when I'm sitting over about 194lbs

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Interesting, my doc will not prescribe me a anti e. Not that I need one, I asked when I had to switch docs. Said they are very bad for you.
I think that a lot of people underestimate the risks and potential side effects associated with many of the prescription anti estrogens. I think that is more common in the bodybuilding community as people using aas are more inclined to take risks, but a lot of the legit HRT clinics aren't big fans of it and encourage people to pursue other options.

I've been very pleasantly surprised at how many referrals we get for Inhibit-E from the HRT clinic side - and its great to see how well it works for a lot of people for that purpose.

Sparta12

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Your first problem is reading into spam messages, I would have stopped reading at "Loose that water retention" haha. Majority of those OTC PCT supplements fill you with lies just so you buy them, it 100% is not the worlds strongest PCT.... I just had to say this, I can see others have given you proper answers.

cruze1911r1

cruze1911r1

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
this part I understood, I think it was the purpose that I confused myself on.

I think a part of me was under the impression somehow that it wasn't entirely reversible

OK I guess I did understand better than I thought.

I'm running inhibit-e on a cycle of 350mg test.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer