Expired: still potent?

UT_King

UT_King

Awards
  • First Up Vote
I have several support supps left over that have expired (all are opened). Which of the following would you consider still good, if any?

SNS Inhibit-P Expired: 5/15
PES Erase Expired: 4/16
AL Aegis Expired: 10/16
CEL Cycle Assist Expired: 1/16

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
IMO stupid opinion - and I've done some stupid stuff - there's only one way to find out!! I've used stuff that is over a decade past code. Some of it was not potent, some of it worthless, some of it was just fine. Protein powders on the other hand...those can get real nasty after they expire but are usually good for 6 months past the expiration. The powder will look fine until you mix it and it will be horrible tasting.

UT_King

UT_King

Awards
  • First Up Vote
I'm going to preload the remaining Cycle Assist prior to a DMZ run either way. Just hate to trash the rest if I didn't need to.

BCseacow83

BCseacow83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

Stored properly, cool, dry out of the sun, good to go as long as it is not an oil or fat-based product.

A good example is the ginseng root. The longer it is aged generally the higher the price tag. So say you took a 2-year root and encapsulated. Three years later it is "expired," meanwhile the roots aged to 8 years are fetching a higher price. You are most likely good to go on those but of course, use common sense and look at them closely. If you are really in doubt toss as I think most of those are still available.

_Endure_

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
There is no problem without compounds 10+ years old and well beyond if stored properly. Expirations are required by the FDA but mean zero. This has been covered in other topics.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I have a bottle of this kicking around...anyone think it is still good?

Ptlhains

Ptlhains

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Supplements get better overtime like a fine wine imo. I have used supps 10 years old and have supps 10 years that I will probably use.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
No it’s bad. You should send it to me for proper disposal
Do you know what that is? If so I am impressed. It expired on 10/04. I thought I had 2 bottles...one bottle is hardly enough for any kind of run, but it may be good to stack with something as I move toward the dark side...like the S23 I'm using. Maybe 4 weeks @ 225 mg/day at the end of my S23 cycle with some 11-KT will be a thrill.

BCseacow83

BCseacow83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Do you know what that is? If so I am impressed. It expired on 10/04. I thought I had 2 bottles...one bottle is hardly enough for any kind of run, but it may be good to stack with something as I move toward the dark side...like the S23 I'm using. Maybe 4 weeks @ 225 mg/day at the end of my S23 cycle with some 11-KT will be a thrill.
5diol is gyno waiting to happen. I ran the old Stenandiol with Marcus Ruhl on the box back in the day. 5diol is great for immune system though.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
5diol is gyno waiting to happen. I ran the old Stenandiol with Marcus Ruhl on the box back in the day. 5diol is great for immune system though.
Is it? Geez, that sucks. Will have to get an AI I guess? Did it do anything for strength, size or leanness?

Rember this one anyone?

View attachment 196646
I do remember that! I also remember some Syntrax versions that came in injection vials as well.

BCseacow83

BCseacow83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Is it? Geez, that sucks. Will have to get an AI I guess? Did it do anything for strength, size or leanness?

I do remember that! I also remember some Syntrax versions that came in injection vials as well.
I believe it was thought to directly interact with the estrogen receptor, that was the word on the street back then so who the hell knows. I wish PA was still here. Here is a thread where he discusses it as a metabolite of dhea:

PA quote: you are missing the point. dhea and 5-ad are both intrinsically estrogenic. aromatase inhibitors are useless. the only thing you could do to stop their estrogenic activation is use a SERM

He links a whole slew of studies that back this up with 5-ad activating various E receptors directly. I would personally not take it but I can't see the actual supplement facts on the back. What does the bottle say on the facts?

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Currently using p6 xtreme black that’s way expired and I’m FEELING it

just got expired glutablast , alpha amino, USP compound 20 and some other odd ends like berberine et

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I believe it was thought to directly interact with the estrogen receptor, that was the word on the street back then so who the hell knows. I wish PA was still here. Here is a thread where he discusses it as a metabolite of dhea:

PA quote: you are missing the point. dhea and 5-ad are both intrinsically estrogenic. aromatase inhibitors are useless. the only thing you could do to stop their estrogenic activation is use a SERM

He links a whole slew of studies that back this up with 5-ad activating various E receptors directly. I would personally not take it but I can't see the actual supplement facts on the back. What does the bottle say on the facts?
Great read. This is 3a-androstanediol, not 5-ad. It is a DHT derivative and it has about 1/50th of the affinity for the estrogen receptor as 5-diol.

It actually probably doesn't have a lot of bioavailability and Syntrax and I think PA used ethyl esters to try to increase the oral BA...and this was one of those products.

Good point about the AI, you are right, it isn't aromatizing into estrogen, it is acting directly on the receptors, so a SERM is the only hope...but it looks like 3a-androstanediol has about 0.3% of estrogen's affinity to its receptor so hopefully it wouldn't be too bad. Especially considering the low BA and the fact the ethyl Ester may just be a marketing gimmick.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
The heck is that??? Looks enticing lol
It does. I have a stash of some things from when I had a supplement company that I ran in 1998. Androstenedione, 19-norandrostendione, this and I even had a couple of bottles of liquids that dried up or came out of suspension, etc. Those all WILL have more sides than benefits I figured so I never used them, but this one bottle is there...haha. i also had two bottles that were 1-Testosterone ethyl esters called Sauce....but I seem to have lost those as well.

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
It does. I have a stash of some things from when I had a supplement company that I ran in 1998. Androstenedione, 19-norandrostendione, this and I even had a couple of bottles of liquids that dried up or came out of suspension, etc. Those all WILL have more sides than benefits I figured so I never used them, but this one bottle is there...haha. i also had two bottles that were 1-Testosterone ethyl esters called Sauce....but I seem to have lost those as well.
that’s so amazing and that you had a company

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
1 test is basically oral dhb?

BCseacow83

BCseacow83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I totally misread the front, my apologies. I personally used to make an androstenedione nasal spray, I believe the Russians used one way back, and that sucker worked pretty well for a pre-workout kick. I would still take that 19 if you had enough. You could at least get a little joint relief from the small amount of nor-test it converts too.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I totally misread the front, my apologies. I personally used to make an androstenedione nasal spray, I believe the Russians used one way back, and that sucker worked pretty well for a pre-workout kick. I would still take that 19 if you had enough. You could at least get a little joint relief from the small amount of nor-test it converts too.
lol - no need to apologize. It's hard to see there and I wasn't even sure what it was. Some of those PHs back in the day had such similar names, they were coming out with everything rapid fire.

So I am still looking for the Syntrax Sauce I had and it is MIA. I am curios and tearing through boxes now and disappointed I cannot find it.

But I did find 2 more bottles of the 5A2! Each bottle is 90 caps @ 75 mg/cap.

I also found this, but it is definitely no good. The rubber bulb on the cap rotted out and the bottle is thus open and the liquid had become a sludge.

Attachments

BCseacow83

BCseacow83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
lol - no need to apologize. It's hard to see there and I wasn't even sure what it was. Some of those PHs back in the day had such similar names, they were coming out with everything rapid fire.

So I am still looking for the Syntrax Sauce I had and it is MIA. I am curios and tearing through boxes now and disappointed I cannot find it.

But I did find 2 more bottles of the 5A2! Each bottle is 90 caps @ 75 mg/cap.

I also found this, but it is definitely no good. The rubber bulb on the cap rotted out and the bottle is thus open and the liquid had become a sludge.
LOL, nonsense my good sir. I would take that sludge add isopropyl alcohol 90% (if you can find it, **** you c***a and corona virus) and make a crude transdermal................spray bottles from e-pharm and prototype nutrition work great for this. I have a bottle of E-pharm Pump Spray that is literally like one of those pots at a restaurant that they keep on the stove and it never empties and they just keep adding to it everyday to keep serving. It has the last 5-10ml of about 10 different TD's in it and I just add too it when I find old stuff or something crystallizes. At this point I have ZERO idea what is in it but it sure works well lol. I know it has at least 3 products from NOS and Alpha Gainz in it and a bottle of Smart Powders old TD base formula.

You mentioned old boxes of supplements and that reminded me of a story. We moved three times in three years. Of course my lazy ass was moving the same boxes I never unpacked from the last move. I had a box of samples that I had accumulated over the years managing a store in WI. The new house had a mouse population and they had gotten into the box and eaten entire samples of 1 MR with DMAA in it. LOL Man I would have loved to have seen them zooming around the basement all jacked on DMAA and caffeine lol. Poor little fuckers probably had heart attacks.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
LOL, nonsense my good sir. I would take that sludge add isopropyl alcohol 90% (if you can find it, **** you c***a and corona virus) and make a crude transdermal................spray bottles from e-pharm and prototype nutrition work great for this. I have a bottle of E-pharm Pump Spray that is literally like one of those pots at a restaurant that they keep on the stove and it never empties and they just keep adding to it everyday to keep serving. It has the last 5-10ml of about 10 different TD's in it and I just add too it when I find old stuff or something crystallizes. At this point I have ZERO idea what is in it but it sure works well lol. I know it has at least 3 products from NOS and Alpha Gainz in it and a bottle of Smart Powders old TD base formula.

You mentioned old boxes of supplements and that reminded me of a story. We moved three times in three years. Of course my lazy ass was moving the same boxes I never unpacked from the last move. I had a box of samples that I had accumulated over the years managing a store in WI. The new house had a mouse population and they had gotten into the box and eaten entire samples of 1 MR with DMAA in it. LOL Man I would have loved to have seen them zooming around the basement all jacked on DMAA and caffeine lol. Poor little fuckers probably had heart attacks.
Haha, you have a bottle of random GAINZ!

I have IPO 99%, IPM and DMSO for making transdermals. I have to go real light on the DMSO - apparently it makes my breath smell like a salad bar, haha. My gf knows when I have used it right away.

I love the spray system PA uses. I think a lot of people have become obsessed with how much active they cam pack into the carrier and I feel like more carrier and more surface area coverage is probably better.

With your encouragement, I may inspect the androderm...but I THINK it is just androstendione (which I also have multiple bottles of) and it may not be worth the effort. If I find out it is 19-nor or 4-AD I may go for it. I never looked.

The one bottle of 19-nor is opened and only has about 30-45 pills left I think, but I may add it into my S23 run I just started.

That ish looks cool
Haha, yeah, sorry if I kind of hijacked here. My bad. But Syntrax had some good stuff back in the day. Lipokinetix to this day is hands down the best fat burner I have ever used - with only the compound it was imitating being even comparable. I wonder if it was spiked though because it used T2 in addition to the usniate and IME T2 is junk.

They are also one of the first companies to promote forskolin, they had a "transdermal" line of prohormones that came in sterile viles with rubber stoppers, they had tiratricol which is a thyroid hormone that got them in some hot water. They had some sketching of course, but I honestly don't think anyone has copied their niche to this day.

Avant was similar to them but more hardcore/less main stream. Too bad Syntrax went under and have new ownership and are completely changed.

BCseacow83

BCseacow83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Haha, you have a bottle of random GAINZ!

I have IPO 99%, IPM and DMSO for making transdermals. I have to go real light on the DMSO - apparently it makes my breath smell like a salad bar, haha. My gf knows when I have used it right away.

I love the spray system PA uses. I think a lot of people have become obsessed with how much active they cam pack into the carrier and I feel like more carrier and more surface area coverage is probably better.

With your encouragement, I may inspect the androderm...but I THINK it is just androstendione (which I also have multiple bottles of) and it may not be worth the effort. If I find out it is 19-nor or 4-AD I may go for it. I never looked.

The one bottle of 19-nor is opened and only has about 30-45 pills left I think, but I may add it into my S23 run I just started.

Haha, yeah, sorry if I kind of hijacked here. My bad. But Syntrax had some good stuff back in the day. Lipokinetix to this day is hands down the best fat burner I have ever used - with only the compound it was imitating being even comparable. I wonder if it was spiked though because it used T2 in addition to the usniate and IME T2 is junk.

They are also one of the first companies to promote forskolin, they had a "transdermal" line of prohormones that came in sterile viles with rubber stoppers, they had tiratricol which is a thyroid hormone that got them in some hot water. They had some sketching of course, but I honestly don't think anyone has copied their niche to this day.

Avant was similar to them but more hardcore/less main stream. Too bad Syntrax went under and have new ownership and are completely changed.
To this day the best my delts ever looked was after running Syntrax Ecdy, a low carb diet and being 17. I have the picture with my whole family including my grandmother, Nana, at Disney World in Orlando with my dumb ass hitting a half most muscular and while I look a complete fool my arm/shoulder look pretty damn good lol. I'll see if I can find it lol.