Expired pre-workout: can I still take it?

mrhankey87

mrhankey87

Awards
  • Established
Hello there, I have a bottle of MPA Celluvol, which is one of my fav stim-free preworkouts. It’s currently sold out in Europe so it would be great if I could still use the one I have (expired March 2021).

I’m eventually gonna try CEL Super Swole but I’d like to use this one I already have. Any sides or worries? Can I still take it or nah?

Alan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I too had a tub of Celluvol that I finally finished just last month, with an expiration of June 2020. So, I can confirm you won't get sick or die. (y) I was a bit impressed that the flavor and powder consistency didn't change at all that I could tell. I've had a few other pre-workouts get super funky from simply letting them sit for a while and had to toss out.

shockrock3

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm using one now that's 3 yrs expired and hits like a ton of bricks...you're fine.

mrhankey87

mrhankey87

Awards
  • Established
I too had a tub of Celluvol that I finally finished just last month, with an expiration of June 2020. So, I can confirm you won't get sick or die. (y) I was a bit impressed that the flavor and powder consistency didn't change at all that I could tell. I've had a few other pre-workouts get super funky from simply letting them sit for a while and had to toss out.
Gotta say mine still looks and smells just as new. This stuff is quality

Potbelly

Potbelly

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
You’re worried about 6 months past expiration pre workout? Wtf

Potbelly

Potbelly

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Yea ok. Pizza and pre workout awesome examples

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
If it's not clumped, was stored properly, and doesn't have a bad smell to it I would say you are fine to use. For protein powder i'm a little more cautious around the expiration date but for pre workout i tend to still use even if expired.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I am using a tub of C-4 from 2020 right now, it is hard as a brick, but it still hits fine.

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Yes, I would take almost any pharma or supp well after its expiration date, and I have many, many times without adverse effect.

The only thing likely to happen is slightly reduced efficacy, if that.