Experience with LiquidMuscle Egg White Protein?

Chefdeez

Chefdeez

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Seems pricey for egg whites. I mix a lot of my shakes with regular store bought egg whites. Can't beat the price.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Mr. Cooper has stated on here that cooking eggs has a large impact on the quality of their protein, meaning - a cooked egg is more biologically available than a raw egg. This is a big part of the reason that egg white protein wasn't included in Select.

Check out this study:

Digestibility of Cooked and Raw Egg Protein in Humans as Assessed by Stable Isotope Techniques

It looks like a cooked egg white is estimated at 91% BV, while raw is only about 50%. This means that if you're using that product raw, and it's not heat pre-heated in any way, the 35 grams may be higher protein than a 24 gram protein shake, but you'll have a better yield of usable protein from the whey protein shake, as only 17.5 grams of the egg white will actually be used.

If you're cooking it, I get (4) 16 oz. cartons of egg beaters for $10, which is twice as much for 40% of the cost, making this product 5X more expensive than egg beaters. If it's for the novelty of the taste, that's fine, but you could always add protein powder for flavoring and make crepes.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
^truth, and we don't know that pasteurization fixes the bioavailability issue either

I don't really see the point in buying a pricier powder including egg, when I could just cook eggs/whites in minutes and know I am getting quality, saving money, spicing it how I like it, it's portable (or many recipes are, try baking them in a muffin tray)

ManimalPatB

ManimalPatB

Awards
Ive heard of a lot of people getting sugar free NesQuik and adding it to Egg White. Which seems Cheaper to me

I have tried the Liquid Muscle Egg Whites and they were ok

WAF

WAF

Awards
Ive heard of a lot of people getting sugar free NesQuik and adding it to Egg White. Which seems Cheaper to me

I have tried the Liquid Muscle Egg Whites and they were ok
Thanks ManimalPatB , yah i've the Egg whites but haven't seen this yet.

Thanks for the info HIT4ME and Driven2lift , this was moreless for my wife who is allergic to whey. Trying to find an alternative to Vegan protein powder.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Yeah...the inability to use whey or dairy definitely changes things....I think you can get cheaper sources of egg whites still...but sorry I can't be more helpful with your specific problem. Pea and rice proteins maybe?

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Pea proteins are decent,
But i think everything she will be able to use is pricier, maybe aside from soy.