Exercise Naked?

Hurleyboy05

Hurleyboy05

Awards
  • Established
For some reason this reminded me of Neoborn...

Exercise Naked
by "Orange_Bubble"

The word "gymnasium" is a derivitive of the Greek word "gymnazein," which means to exercise naked (or perform naked), which often was done in ancient Greece. The Greeks' version of the gymnasium was a place for men to go and play sports. Why they would want to be naked with a bunch of other men is beyond me, but I think they were on to something, at least with the exercising naked part.

People in the Netherlands are doing it on Sundays at a particular gym.* The exercise bikes have disposable covers, and people are required to sit on towels instead of directly on the equipment.

Don't worry, I'm not trying to convince anyone to exercise naked in public. I'm not sure that's legal in this country anyway, what with the prohibition of indecent exposure and all.

But in the privacy of your own home (or with a partner; that's up to you), I think it's a good idea. You don't have to worry about shifting clothing, shorts riding up, etc. You will have fewer external distractions. Of course, some forms of exercising do require support, but you can at least minimize the distractions and maximize comfort with minimal clothing.

I've actually found that I can exercise longer when naked because I stay cooler. Sweat dries off skin faster than it dries off clothing, thus cooling you off faster.

One extra perk is having to do less laundry. I wear suits to work, casual clothing while relaxing at home or going out, and pajamas to bed. Why would I want to throw in an extra outfit (including undergarments... who wants to work out in a thong and underwire?) in the laundry pile three or four times a week?

Exercising naked helps you stay more attuned with which body parts you need to focus on while working out (i.e., the part that jiggles the most). This can help you customize a workout program that is more beneficial. Progress is made, or you are more motivated to keep going until things stop jiggling. And you can hop into the shower quicker post-workout.

*Fitworld gym in the town of Heteren during "Naked Sunday"

neoborn

neoborn

Awards
  • Established
LOL I do this already! Mind you I do get funny looks at my local gym and have to spray down all the equipment after I'm done!

:rofl:

ich1ban

ich1ban

Awards
Boylovers, as Leonidus said.

If i had equipment at home, i would do it naked.

neoborn

neoborn

Awards
  • Established
I think minimum for me would be thong / banana hammock

Borat gives this thread a "hayyy fyve"

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
Exercising naked helps you stay more attuned with which body parts you need to focus on while working out (i.e., the part that jiggles the most). This can help you customize a workout program that is more beneficial. Progress is made, or you are more motivated to keep going until things stop jiggling. And you can hop into the shower quicker post-workout.
Um, the part the jiggles the most you say...I jokingly call that doing 'tricep extensions' but afterwards it still jiggles. I'm sure there are several people that can vouch for it here. http://anabolicminds.com/forum/nutrition-health/81850-masturbation.html

In all seriousness though, that is an interesting find. It makes a lot of sense, but you would need to turn up the heat a little bit, for pride's sake. :thumbsup:

Dr Packenwood

Dr Packenwood

Awards
  • Established
I don't want to envision the powerlifters at my gym pulling 800lbs from the floor, naked.

Although I'd like to envision a couple of members of the female persuasion working out naked....but not at the gym.

neoborn

neoborn

Awards
  • Established
I don't think this would be a "mmmm yeah' type of subject but more functionality cause I'm pretty sure that I really do not want to see about 99% of the sweaty fat asses in the gym, including mine :D

Hurleyboy05

Hurleyboy05

Awards
  • Established
I wouldn't mind attending a female yoga class where this was implemented... flexibility + nudity = FUN!!

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established

JasonLift

Awards
Fully clothed with support doing Straight Legged Deadlifts I racked my nuts hard more than once. I could just imagine if naked I'd tear my sac off.

MuscleGuyinNY

MuscleGuyinNY

Banned
Awards
  • Established
The Borat addition was hilarious. :toofunny:

Sex is naked exercise. With that said, keep your pants on and get in the gym! Unless you're not getting laid, of course. :nono:

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
Fully clothed with support doing Straight Legged Deadlifts I racked my nuts hard more than once. I could just imagine if naked I'd tear my sac off.
Are there hooks on the bar you use that I'm not aware of? Are there hooks on your scrotum that I'm not aware of? Either way, your business not mine. :blink:

ich1ban

ich1ban

Awards
i wont exerise naked but I'll exercise with aspire36 LOL. They can wait and see when i do some benchpresses hahahah

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'd love it if I could workout barefoot and no shirt. Not wearing shorts would make me chafe really bad.

Fisha7487

Fisha7487

Awards
I could go for the naked workout. Cept i'd prolly throw on some socks and gym shoes. in case i drop a weight, not as much for the fashion statement

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
Fisha7487

Fisha7487

Awards
Hmmm good point. Maybe then i'll take some aspire so i make sure the 3rd sock stays on. I like how you think

dannyboy9

dannyboy9

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I'd love it if I could workout barefoot and no shirt. Not wearing shorts would make me chafe really bad.
It is a beautiful thing--very convenient. I train just as if I was going to the gym minus shoes and a shirt. I put a towel over my bench when I bench but otherwise, I'm in a pair of thick socks. I've been training @ home for quite a while and I have all the things I need: medicine balls, push-up stands, bar/plates, bench, 1" thick pull-up bar, and a heavy bag along with gloves & wraps.

I have a 24 Hour Fitness (currently under construction) that's 10 min. away from me but that opens up in May. The only reason I'll be going there is because I received a complimentary membership because of the insurance provider I have and I figured I'll make the most of it while it lasts. Plus, they're also going to have a basketball court there so gotta take advantage of that and ball it up!:head: