Excessive cramping?

Trufitnessman2022

Trufitnessman2022

Awards
Hey has any body had this as a side effect of any particular compounds. Since starting this cycle I have been getting these crazy cramps in the most unusual places, specifically when I stretch. I suppose it could be a product of my increase food intake and elevated salt intake as a product of higher caloric intake maybe lack of potassium but I thought I would ask?
I'm just saying since when do you get cramps in your fkn toes.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Hey has any body had this as a side effect of any particular compounds. Since starting this cycle I have been getting these crazy cramps in the most unusual places, specifically when I stretch. I suppose it could be a product of my increase food intake and elevated salt intake as a product of higher caloric intake maybe lack of potassium but I thought I would ask?
I'm just saying since when do you get cramps in your fkn toes.
Lol my wife gets them all the time from squats. I thought she was full of it till I got my first toe cramp... Haha no idea what causes it.

Trufitnessman2022

Trufitnessman2022

Awards
Lol my wife gets them all the time from squats. I thought she was full of it till I got my first toe cramp... Haha no idea what causes it.
Bro and it isn't just toes either that's just the most notable.ones but I'm getting them in places I have never had them. Like my serattus, or hip flexors , the front of my lower leg. The only normal ones are in my hamstrings. You know how you stretch your body when you just wake up, bro when I do that half my body locks up, and I'm like a stick figure trying to walk. Shits funny but annoying. I'ma dump some electrolyte mix in my water that's gotta be it, I just have never had it like this before.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
@Hyde might have some advice. He's like a waking encyclopedia

Mikereyn513

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I'd get some taurine as well. Like 2-3 grams a day

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
It’s not a rare occurrence to see that on cycle for certain person. I have this problem too. 1-2g of pink salt in a litter of water in your pre workout or whatever) before the gym should fix that.

if not check your electrolytes and potassium levels maybe.

90% of the time cramps are from poor understanding of how hydration works though. You can drink 10 litters of water a day and retain almost none of it if you don’t have enough good sodium to go with it.

BOSSMAN

BOSSMAN

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Swig some pickle juice or a mouth full of mustard if your in a bind

Stacks1

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
This does happen on cycle but it can also happen off cycle. I wouldn't say with certainty that this is tied to your cycle. I get nocturnal cramping from time to time and it happens both on and off cycle. It's so bad it can wake me up after 3 hours of sleep and keep me up all night. I would take some of the advice here and focus on what you're consuming; enough water, potassium, taurine, etc. Unfortunately there might not be a simple solution to this. One thing I've noticed that helped was doing some light cardio right before I go to sleep.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I will also add, for calf and leg cramps, I have foam rolling really helps !

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
If you believe you’re consuming adequate sodium (increasing AAS will help retain sodium significantly as well), and you have some potassium in the diet (meat, spinach, potatoes, oranges, beets, salmon), I would make sure you are using a daily magnesium supplement of ~400mg. That is huge for reducing cramping.

A few grams of taurine in your intra is always good on cycle as well.

Also make sure you aren’t over consuming stimulants or not drinking enough water obviously.

Potbelly

Potbelly

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Taurine has never worked for shin or back pumps for me.