Evomuse Difuse vs. Berberine HCL?

_Endure_

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
All, just wondering if Difuse acts that much better as a fat blocker per-se than just a standard Berberine supplement or the like? For just a random cheat day do you find one superior? I rarely have a cheat day per-se but would like a bit of backup if I so choose especially with the holidays not too far off as it's tougher to eat clean at the family gatherings because green bean casseroles and cinammon apples rule. Don't want to get into the whole cost game necessarily but you can find Berberine on the cheap. However I'm all for supporting a good product and company like evo/difuse as well.

Thanks in advance

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
For random cheat meals, I’d go with Defuse. Berberine is more intended to be used regularly

_Endure_

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Seems like they would work similarly even if sparingly though?

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
They don't really work in the same way exactly. Berberine lowers blood sugar by shuttling glucose into muscle cells. Defuse has some of that same action, but also has a number of ingredients that actually block the fat-storing pathways that your body uses to store fat.

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Although both work through AMPk, Defuse utilizes a plethora of other pathways

Ape McGrapes

Ape McGrapes

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Hit4ME hit the nail on the head.

Defuse blocks fat storing pathways.
Berberine/GDA's control blood suguar/glucose and shuttle/partition nutrients away from fat, in(hopefully) favor of muscle.

I personally like to combine the two for cheat meals, but use a GDA regularly.

Dsade also suggests using a thermo in combination with Defuse, to help burn off the circulating fat in your blood stream.

The three together are an unstoppable triple threat.

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hit4ME hit the nail on the head.

Defuse blocks fat storing pathways.
Berberine/GDA's control blood suguar/glucose and shuttle/partition nutrients away from fat, in(hopefully) favor of muscle.

I personally like to combine the two for cheat meals, but use a GDA regularly.

Dsade also suggests using a thermo in combination with Defuse, to help burn off the circulating fat in your blood stream.

The three together are an unstoppable triple threat.
Actually, many/most of these GDAs/single ingredients will shuttle/partition nutrients not into muscle tissue, but liver and adipose tissue as well.

From what I recall, Metformin, TUDCA, and one other ingredient are the only single ingredients to partition into muscle tissue only.

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Actually, many/most of these GDAs/single ingredients will shuttle/partition nutrients not into muscle tissue, but liver and adipose tissue as well.

From what I recall, Metformin, TUDCA, and one other ingredient are the only single ingredients to partition into muscle tissue only.
Is metaformin even muscle specific?