Eventually The Shirt Has To Come Off

Heeres Johnny

Heeres Johnny

Awards
I'm a "bit" chubby, but I don't want to be. What can I say? I looovveee to eat.

"I can resist anything but temptation" as the saying goes ;)

I'm also not super accountable to my weight loss efforts when left to my own devices. I wanted to create a log where I have to share my weight and workouts every day to hopefully incur some kind of social consequence to me not sticking to my goal. I, however, do not want to be the guy to post my workouts to IG/FB with Fitspiration hashtags. #neverstopgrinding

Goals

I've always wanted single digit bodyfat. There's just something that seems cool about having that lean, crisp look.

Goal Weight (to start, we will see how I look when I get there): 190 lbs

How
-workout every day
-moderate calorie deficit (20-25%)
-Post my workout and weight here every day.

Buuuuuuttt I don't want to give up my social life/completely go full bodybuilder either, so I would ideally also just like to adopt a healthy and maintainable lifestyle.

Heeres Johnny

Heeres Johnny

Awards
Kicking things off:

Weight - 223.8 lbs

Workout
Rope Push Down 145x8, 145x6x6
Hammer Curl: 50x8, 50x6x6
Lateral Raises 7 minutes (20x100)

rochabp

rochabp

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
This community is about progress. If you look like a jelly donut now, no one cares. You'd be surprised, sometimes we tend to imagine that because this is a forum about fitness/bodybuilding /etc we think everyone on here is super fit. That's not entirely true, there are some really fit people on here but that's not the majority of people on here

Heeres Johnny

Heeres Johnny

Awards
This community is about progress. If you look like a jelly donut now, no one cares. You'd be surprised, sometimes we tend to imagine that because this is a forum about fitness/bodybuilding /etc we think everyone on here is super fit. That's not entirely true, there are some really fit people on here but that's not the majority of people on here
That's super cool to hear because man oh man...I do love myself a jelly donut haha.

Thanks for following, Darkheart!

Weight: 218.4 - Yikes...Ate a lot yesterday. Oh well, onwards and upwards

Workout

Incline DB Bench Press 90x6x7
S/S
Pull Ups BWx6x6

As per request, I do have some before photos here taken today. All in, mah dudes!

Before Photo 02-28 Back.jpg
Before Photo 02-28 Front.jpg
Before Photo 02-28 Side.jpg

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I foresee some solid progress in your future!

Darkheart

Darkheart

Awards
Dude you really don't have very far to go, that bicep vein will be popping pretty soon I'm sure.

Heeres Johnny

Heeres Johnny

Awards
Eeeeyy I hope so. I remember watching a video (I think it was Alberto Nunez) where someone famously said "We're always fatter than we think we are" ahahaha. Truth - When I weighed 300 lbs I thought I'd be ripped at 220. Oops

Weight - 216.8; probably take a few days for the weight to normalize after the big eating day

Workout

25 minutes walking
5 minute S/S dips & curls (BWx45, 30x45)

Pressed for time since I have a midterm today, but I also have a date tonight so I figured "Why not go for a bit of a puuuuummmp?"

Are men the only ones who do this? I'd like to believe she's going to be doing some calf raise, glute-bridge super sets before she goes out :laugh2: Maybe I should too?

Gotta make those gastrocs pop, amirite?!?!

Heeres Johnny

Heeres Johnny

Awards
Weight - 219.8

Workout

Incline Bench Press
225x6
205x8
185x10

Bench Press
250x6
225x8

Incline DB Curl
50x6
40x8
30x10

Rear Delt Flies (7 minutes)
30x90

Eeeeehhhh midterms are a tough time. That, and job searching/extra things on the side have been keeping me busy...but mostly hungry :popcorn:

Not super proud, but I'm here to face the music (though I definitely did not want to admit it). I'm back on track and have made some adjustments that have worked in the past for me and hopefully they'll work again (working out a bit less hard leangains RPT style to keep me from getting too hungry, IF, and walking).

Heeres Johnny

Heeres Johnny

Awards
Weight - 216.4

Workout

1/2 hour walk outside at a nice pace.

Heeres Johnny

Heeres Johnny

Awards
Weight - 217.4

Workout

Bulgarian Split Squat
50x6
40x8
30x8

RDL
275x2x6

Single Legged Machine Calf Raises (AMRAP 7 min)
135x75

Heeres Johnny

Heeres Johnny

Awards
I haven't given up, it's just a very busy time

Monday

Incline BP
230x6
200x2x8

BP
255x6
225x2x8

Incline DB Curl
52.5x6
42.5x8
32.5x10

Rear Delt Flies - 7 min AMRAP
32.5x85

Wednesday

Hanging Leg Raises
BWx3x8

Single Leg Calf Raise Machine
155x4x15

Bulgarian Split Squat
55x6
45x2x8

Friday

Seated DB Press
92.5x6
77.5x2x8

Hammer Grip Pull Up
55x6
35x2x6

Rope Push Down s/s Hammer Curls
50x12/35x12
60x12/35x12
60x10/35x12

Lateral Raise - 7 min AMRAP
22.5x80

Heeres Johnny

Heeres Johnny

Awards
Workout (yesterday)

Incline BP
240x6
210x2x6

Bench Press
265x6
240x2x6

Incline DB Curls
55x6
45x8
35x10

Rear Delt Flies 7 min AMRAP
32.5x90

Weight (today): 216

Realized I had a typo at the beginning of making this blog. I started at 223.8 lbs, not 213. Definitely going in the right direction!