Erase+DAA+Alpha T2 Recomp/fat loss

kyoryoko

Awards
I am into my 6th week cut from about 97kgs currently holding around 87-88kgs.
Diet is pretty much a high protein, mod fat, low carb. Currently only one my staples, amino acids, caffeine before workouts.
I have run DAA 3 cycles b4, and about 1 week ago I started another cycle.
I am close to 12% bf right now and my calorie intake and spread looks something like this:

300g protein (1200)
90g carbs (360)
45g fats (405)
Total: 1965 cals

I have 2 questions:

Should I manipulate my cal intake? Thinking of adding more fat and cutting a lot off my protein and a little off my carbs.

maybe 250p, 80f, 75c

Second: I have been dieting for about 6 weeks.
Should I break? or should I just continue?

Thanks in advanced

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I am into my 6th week cut from about 97kgs currently holding around 87-88kgs.
Diet is pretty much a high protein, mod fat, low carb. Currently only one my staples, amino acids, caffeine before workouts.
I have run DAA 3 cycles b4, and about 1 week ago I started another cycle.
I am close to 12% bf right now and my calorie intake and spread looks something like this:

300g protein (1200)
90g carbs (360)
45g fats (405)
Total: 1965 cals

I have 2 questions:

Should I manipulate my cal intake? Thinking of adding more fat and cutting a lot off my protein and a little off my carbs.

maybe 250p, 80f, 75c

Second: I have been dieting for about 6 weeks.
Should I break? or should I just continue?

Thanks in advanced
If you've been dieting for six weeks at a perpetual LESS than Maintenance caloric intake, then YES, you should be manipulating your caloric intake. However, NOT by decreasing them even lower - if you are resistance training, then you're just likely to push your body closer to a starvation state, and I recommend actually CALORIE CYCLING (a lot of information out there on this, so do some research) instead, since that's the BEST nutritional method for fat loss, IMO.

~Rosie~

Clickster

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
If you've been dieting for six weeks at a perpetual LESS than Maintenance caloric intake, then YES, you should be manipulating your caloric intake. However, NOT by decreasing them even lower - if you are resistance training, then you're just likely to push your body closer to a starvation state, and I recommend actually CALORIE CYCLING (a lot of information out there on this, so do some research) instead, since that's the BEST nutritional method for fat loss, IMO.

~Rosie~
^
Very sound advice.

kyoryoko

Awards
Thanks, I think I will as I am gaining weight on a 1800 cal diet...

I noticed you like the velocity workouts, do you also like the diet?

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Thanks, I think I will as I am gaining weight on a 1800 cal diet...

I noticed you like the velocity workouts, do you also like the diet?
Not sure how you can be GAINING weight on only 1,800 calories - I wouldn't even go that low for cutting!

Well, no, I do not like the Velocity Training Programme as it stands - there is not enough volume for me, and only training for four ~20-minute sessions a week is akin to me being sedentary, which is why I modified it to suit me.

Re the Velocity Diet, I don't diet, and no, I've never tried it - definitely NOT healthy and certainly not something that is very sustainable (if you're training as little as recommended, it could be ok for a week at best, but I would never recommend something so ridiculous re calories for anything longer than a few days).

~Rosie~

kyoryoko

Awards
Yea after reading your logs and stuff today I realize you would never advise that diet.

Im gonna ease myself back on maintenance because for a 88kg 177cm guy... 1800cals is just tooo low.
Gonna up my carbs and keep protein around 200g, fats around 50-60g. rest carbs and slowly up them, I'll use the mirror as a guide.

Oh and Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!