ER heart problem

Punkrocker

Punkrocker

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So I went to the ER last night for dizziness and nausea. They gave me an ECG and noticed abnormalities. After explaining a family history of heart disease and my use of anabolics they offered to admit me so I could get a echocardiogram and an echocardiogram stress test to make sure I was good. I spent the night, got the echocardiogram in the morning. Everything was normal. Then I did the stress test and the results came back normal in fact the tech said I was in excellent physical shape. Then finally the doctor comes and tells me my labs look good and the echo and stress test looks good but there was one problem and that was they kept getting readings of my having inverted T waves. Normally inverted T waves means myocardial ischemia or some type of defect, blockage, high blood pressure, valve issue etc etc but they ruled out all major heart issues and everything looks fine. They just don't understand why I have inverted T waves in my ecg tests. The doctor told me I can drink coffee go to the gym and keep doing what I'm doing. I even asked him about steroids and he said that he doesn't believe the steroids have anything to do with the inverted T waves. He referred me to a cardiologist to follow up just to see if they can figure out why they're getting those readings. Has any of you ever heard of this? Should I be worried?

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
You get the vaccine???......

You won't see me around here talking about this crap often but there more and more stuff coming to light and your situation sounds awful similar to some of the guys who had heart attacks without any abnormalities

SSJ4GOD

SSJ4GOD

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar

You won't see me around here talking about this crap often but there more and more stuff coming to light and your situation sounds awful similar to some of the guys who had heart attacks without any abnormalities
Second this. Very curious

SSJ4GOD

SSJ4GOD

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I will also say make sure your electolytes are good. Magnesium (I prefer glycinate version) is very good for heart health as is potassium. Many people are deficient in both.

barische

barische

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
subbed in. good luck and hope you get this figured out.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Hell no brother! I'm a proud pure blood! No vax for me
I got no clue then. My cousin randomly went afib like 3 times over the summer with nothing they could find on the tests tho. Weird ****

Punkrocker

Punkrocker

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
As far as electrolytes and all that stuff these guys gave me the total works. They gave me routine blood work CBC electrolytes kidneys liver you name it they tested for it on top of checking if I had any heart attacks they checked like for some certain thing in my blood that indicates if I had any kind of a heart attack or heart damage and then they gave me echocardiogram resting and stressed and all the tests are coming out that everything is fine it's just odd that I have inverted T waves. The only good news I'm thinking aside from the fact that all the other tests say my heart is fine that when I was googling stuff about the inverted T wave thing apparently you can have inverted T waves and actually not have anything wrong with you it's just kind of rare I guess

SSJ4GOD

SSJ4GOD

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
As far as electrolytes and all that stuff these guys gave me the total works. They gave me routine blood work CBC electrolytes kidneys liver you name it they tested for it on top of checking if I had any heart attacks they checked like for some certain thing in my blood that indicates if I had any kind of a heart attack or heart damage and then they gave me echocardiogram resting and stressed and all the tests are coming out that everything is fine it's just odd that I have inverted T waves. The only good news I'm thinking aside from the fact that all the other tests say my heart is fine that when I was googling stuff about the inverted T wave thing apparently you can have inverted T waves and actually not have anything wrong with you it's just kind of rare I guess
Maybe panic attack?

Punkrocker

Punkrocker

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Maybe panic attack?
No nothing like that. The EKG is picking up abnormal inverted T waves consistently. Normally that points to ischemia but they checked my heart in and out and everything is looking good. It's like the oil light is on in my car but there's no issue with the oil lol

Punkrocker

Punkrocker

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ok I have sorta good news. I was scrolling through Reddit and a bunch of people posted their EKG results and they have abnormal/inverted T waves and they're compla about things like "why does my ekg say abnormal t waves but my doctor told me everything is normal". I guess it happens more often and people are saying it's not always a big deal and doctors sometimes don't mention it because they don't think it's something to worry about. That's partially true because my first EKG that I got about a month ago that showed the abnormal T waves was something I found by looking at my records, the day I got that EKG done last month everybody told me my results were normal and the doctor never said anything to me about t-waves. With that being said the doctor who saw me at the hospital was being extra thorough and I think he just wants me to get it checked out anyways just to be safe. I would also like to remind you guys that I told him about my steroid use and he doesn't think it has anything to do with the t-wave thing so I just shot a CC of test and a couple cc's of Primo 🙃

Brocodeout69

Brocodeout69

Awards
I'm not a doctor, but did go though some medical school before changing career paths, so please don't construe this as medical advice.

T wave inversion can be a a completely normal and benign thing, specifically if it's detected, anatomically speaking, from say the aVR lead during an ECG, which reads the inferior surface of the heart.

In short, the 12 leads that go on your chest during an ECG are positioned to assess different anatomical regions of the heart, and in some of these sections of the heart, inverted T waves don't necessarily represent acute pathology (illness).

My advice, I'd personally still go to an actual cardiologist outside the ER, and undergo more diagnostic testing to rule out anything serious. Some times more powerful diagnostic imaging tools, like cardiac MRIs for example, can pick up things that basic tools like an ECG can't.

Just some food for thought. Good luck!

Punkrocker

Punkrocker

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm not a doctor, but did go though some medical school before changing career paths, so please don't construe this as medical advice.

T wave inversion can be a a completely normal and benign thing, specifically if it's detected, anatomically speaking, from say the aVR lead during an ECG, which reads the inferior surface of the heart.

In short, the 12 leads that go on your chest during an ECG are positioned to assess different anatomical regions of the heart, and in some of these sections of the heart, inverted T waves don't necessarily represent acute pathology (illness).

My advice, I'd personally still go to an actual cardiologist outside the ER, and undergo more diagnostic testing to rule out anything serious. Some times more powerful diagnostic imaging tools, like cardiac MRIs for example, can pick up things that basic tools like an ECG can't.

Just some food for thought. Good luck!
The more stuff I read online the more I'm feeling better. All the bad things associated with t wave inversion I don't have as they did an echocardiogram and an echocardiogram stress test and the results came back very good. From what I was reading about a cardiac MRI is when they try to diagnose heart disease etc. I think you are correct that the t waves could be benign. I've contacted my primary and I'm gonna talk to her about it. I think it's something I can ignore now, I'll see what she says. I started digging pack up to 5 years and was reading old ecgs and a lot of them were saying I have repolarization and st variant or whatever which according to my medical friend is very similar to the t wave thing and that fact that the echo stress results were so good should be enough to show I'm fine? I dunno I'll see what my docs opinion is

Punkrocker

Punkrocker

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Alright so I talked to my primary. She said for years I've had the t wave thing but my heart is otherwise strong and healthy. There is nothing else indicating any cardiovascular issues and my echocardiogram from 2017 and my echocardiogram from the other day look the same. Nothing has changed my heart is good to go. So I was like "YEEEEAHHH IM GONNA JUICE IT UP" and she rolled her eyes at me and was like "how about you keep it mild and focus on diet and cardio so you continue getting good test results". So I was like "yeah I guess so..."

Uncle_E

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
@Punkrocker checking in on how you have been since you last posted this.

I recently had a physical and the ECG showed inverted T waves as well. The doctor ran over an hour late for the appointment, so I was really pissed off and experiencing elevated BP - 140/90’s and dropped to 130/90 by the time of the test. I was also tired thirsty and hungry so electrolytes were probably off too.

I am glad that you posted your recent experience, specifically that the Dr’s didn’t see PED’s as the cause and that it is not a major issue for you. I feel a lot better about it now, but I’m still going to go for the follow up tests to hopefully rule out any serious issues.

I’ll posts back in a few weeks after the follow up.

Nodus1

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established

maybe it’s not the vax, but more so some lingering effects of the virus? 🤷🏻‍♂️

Punkrocker

Punkrocker

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
@Punkrocker checking in on how you have been since you last posted this.

I recently had a physical and the ECG showed inverted T waves as well. The doctor ran over an hour late for the appointment, so I was really pissed off and experiencing elevated BP - 140/90’s and dropped to 130/90 by the time of the test. I was also tired thirsty and hungry so electrolytes were probably off too.

I am glad that you posted your recent experience, specifically that the Dr’s didn’t see PED’s as the cause and that it is not a major issue for you. I feel a lot better about it now, but I’m still going to go for the follow up tests to hopefully rule out any serious issues.

I’ll posts back in a few weeks after the follow up.
I guess I always had the inverted T waves according to my doctor. There is another medical term for them that I forgot what it's called but my doc told me she's not concerned. Anyway since then I've had an echocardiogram and echo stress test everything is normal. I bang my chick really hard, I lift heavy weights, I get into fights and I have extreme road rage. I've also been on 500mg of test with 400mg of primo for literally 2 years straight and occasionally jacking the test to 1000 and throwing DBOL in the mix and now I'm also on growth hormone. So far the worst health thing I've experienced is that my HDL is kinda low at 29. All other markets are good. Heart tests are normal. Size valves etc etc. Im good and you probably are as well. The inverted T waves thing can actually be benign once they rule out all other structural defects

Uncle_E

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I guess I always had the inverted T waves according to my doctor. There is another medical term for them that I forgot what it's called but my doc told me she's not concerned. Anyway since then I've had an echocardiogram and echo stress test everything is normal. I bang my chick really hard, I lift heavy weights, I get into fights and I have extreme road rage. I've also been on 500mg of test with 400mg of primo for literally 2 years straight and occasionally jacking the test to 1000 and throwing DBOL in the mix and now I'm also on growth hormone. So far the worst health thing I've experienced is that my HDL is kinda low at 29. All other markets are good. Heart tests are normal. Size valves etc etc. Im good and you probably are as well. The inverted T waves thing can actually be benign once they rule out all other structural defects
Wow, 2 year straight? I feel a lot better about my 20 weeks of test/primo now! How old are you?

BCseacow83

BCseacow83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Alright so I talked to my primary. She said for years I've had the t wave thing but my heart is otherwise strong and healthy. There is nothing else indicating any cardiovascular issues and my echocardiogram from 2017 and my echocardiogram from the other day look the same. Nothing has changed my heart is good to go. So I was like "YEEEEAHHH IM GONNA JUICE IT UP" and she rolled her eyes at me and was like "how about you keep it mild and focus on diet and cardio so you continue getting good test results". So I was like "yeah I guess so..."
Should have said, "Pfft, I just got done with a cruise Doc, it's time to BLAST!" lol

BCseacow83

BCseacow83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Anyone with a single and I mean solitary functioning brain cell knows it’s the vax and not the virus that is causing the large majority of the issues and by majority I mean 99%
It is tough to say definitively as the stupid thing did NOT stop you from getting the virus. So the unanswerable question becomes is it JUST the shot OR the combo of TWO UNKNOWNS being introduced into the system. We know the virus alone does not seem to be causing a bunch of mystery ailments BUT we don't have a group to compare to who only got the shot and not the shot AND the virus. Compounding this mystery is the variable of which shot people got and how many. In theory one could have gotten FOUR different shots in the US by my last count.

The things a mess no doubt.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I guess I always had the inverted T waves according to my doctor.
back in 2019 I went to urgent care to see if I could basically get some pain killers for the flu (pre-covid). I was pretty miserable, I'd have to be, to visit a doctor lol.

They heard a heart murmur and put me into panic mode for 3 months as we had 5 follow up visits, ultra sounds, ekg, and eventually a trip to the cardiologist. My resting heart rate back then was in the 40s (crossfit competitor) and the cardiologists said I was an extremely boring case. I have a bicuspid aortic valve, which is a birth defect causing minor leakage but nothing substantial. I could need heart surgery next year, when I'm 90, never, or "I may get hit by an ice cream truck on my way to the car out of his office" as he put it 😅😅

After all that I learned to self medicate. Going on 4 years of hot toddy's/whiskey as my favorite cold/flu cure (including the rona).

Uncle_E

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I had a follow up on the inverted t waves and went in for an ultrasound. Unfortunately they said I have slight left ventricular hypertrophy. My doctor believes that it is from elevated blood pressure and is going to give me a script for BP meds and follow up to see if controlling BP better will solve anything.

My father told me that the BP issue is hereditary for us. I always remember him telling me that he had to start meds right at 40, he just told me that he was actually 31 when he had to start them. I’m in my early 40’s, didn’t want to get on any more scripts unless I have to, but I guess it is time.