Unanswered Epistane & Finasteride

aaat2007

Awards
  • Best Answer
It seems that taking finasteride with epistane is discouraged. Is this true? Can someone explain this logic to me?

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Unless it was absolutely medically necessary, I wouldn't touch that stuff.
I've read horrible accounts from guys dealing with side effects that won't go away long after cessation. Even the FDA warns this is a possibility.

timberx

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I have been on finasteride for some time now, so far no sides, but im also interested why would epistane+finasteride be discouraged.

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Maybe @xR1pp3Rx has some info?

Sparta12

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I think the main issue is that Finasteride lowers DHT in the body, but not the DHT that is produced by DHT based steroids so you can get the sides from lowering dht with finasteride plus the sides from a DHT based prohormone/steroid... this is probably a watered down reason, but that was my understanding.

Finasteride wont stop you losing hair AS A RESULT of using a DHT steroid/prohoromone

timberx

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I think the main issue is that Finasteride lowers DHT in the body, but not the DHT that is produced by DHT based steroids so you can get the sides from lowering dht with finasteride plus the sides from a DHT based prohormone/steroid... this is probably a watered down reason, but that was my understanding.

Finasteride wont stop you losing hair AS A RESULT of using a DHT steroid/prohoromone
Hmm, I will start Hexadrone next week and I was reading this:

Structure
This may not convert to Aromatase because of the 6-Chloro group causes steric hindrance and the aromatase enzymes supposedly won’t bind to the 3 position to convert the ketone to an alcohol making it an estrogen, but it does have a double bond at position 4 which means it can be 5 alpha reduced. This means Hexadrone will decompose into DHT which has a 0:infinity anabolic to androgenic ratio. IF I was taking this I would make sure to have 5 alpha reductase inhibitors on board, if only 1 mg of Finasteride a day.
mindandmuscle[.]net/articles/hexadrone-too-good-to-be-true/

I dont know how different is the case with Epistane, since this will be my first PH, but seems like this website recommends Finasteride with PHs like Hexadrone?

aaat2007

Awards
  • Best Answer
Unless it was absolutely medically necessary, I wouldn't touch that stuff.
I've read horrible accounts from guys dealing with side effects that won't go away long after cessation. Even the FDA warns this is a possibility.
What type of side effects? The only one that I am aware of is decreased libido, but my doctor told me it occurs in maybe 3% of the population.