EpiPlex

ironkill

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
@sns8778 Just curious what the percentage of Epicat is in epiplex. 300mg at 95%,? I see 95% but its beside the piperine so I was a little confused. Thanks

Last edited:
sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
When you tag me in something and I don't reply right away it means I either haven't been on or that it didn't give me a notification. In this case, I didn't get a notification. So feel free to pm me and ask or send me a link. But most things like this can be answered easily via pm.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
@sns8778 Just curious what the percentage of Epicat is in epiplex. 300mg at 95%,? I see 95% but its beside the piperine so I was a little confused. Thanks
CEL-Epi-Plex-Supplement-Facts.png

The way that companies label products can be confusing. We are very transparent but sometimes that itself can be confusing because so many aren't that it can confuse things like Epi-Plex are labeled straight forward.

Piperine (95%) means that the Piperine is standardized to 95% active; so that would be 20 mg. material providing min. 19 mg. active constituent.

Epicatechin - the way this is labeled means that there is 300 mg. actual epicatechin. If it were labeled as ____ presentation (there are several ways to show it) and then a percentage and the dose, that would mean the dose x the percentage equal the active amount. In our case, we are transparent and the final dose is 300 mg. actual Epicatechin.

The reason that we don't specify a percentage is simple in this case. We were one of the fist companies to release an Epicatechin supplement and the first to my knowledge to release a single ingredient Epicatechin product that wasn't in a proprietary blend. So it was very important to us that people knew the actual dosage. And back when this first came out, it wasn't a common ingredient so sometimes a 90% would be available, sometimes only 99% was available - that part didn't really matter when identifying the active amount used.

I hope all that makes sense and answers your question.

ironkill

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
View attachment 213114

The way that companies label products can be confusing. We are very transparent but sometimes that itself can be confusing because so many aren't that it can confuse things like Epi-Plex are labeled straight forward.

Piperine (95%) means that the Piperine is standardized to 95% active; so that would be 20 mg. material providing min. 19 mg. active constituent.

Epicatechin - the way this is labeled means that there is 300 mg. actual epicatechin. If it were labeled as ____ presentation (there are several ways to show it) and then a percentage and the dose, that would mean the dose x the percentage equal the active amount. In our case, we are transparent and the final dose is 300 mg. actual Epicatechin.

The reason that we don't specify a percentage is simple in this case. We were one of the fist companies to release an Epicatechin supplement and the first to my knowledge to release a single ingredient Epicatechin product that wasn't in a proprietary blend. So it was very important to us that people knew the actual dosage. And back when this first came out, it wasn't a common ingredient so sometimes a 90% would be available, sometimes only 99% was available - that part didn't really matter when identifying the active amount used.

I hope all that makes sense and answers your question.
Thank you. Didn’t seem like a pm thing so put it here. Appreciate the response

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Thank you. Didn’t seem like a pm thing so put it here. Appreciate the response
No problem. I just meant that instead of bumping it, you're always welcome to pm me. For some reason, tags aren't always working on here; in that I see you tagged me in the post but I never got a notification that the thread existed or that I was tagged in it. And on days where I don't check the forums or post in threads, I at least try to check my pm's.

ironkill

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
No problem. I just meant that instead of bumping it, you're always welcome to pm me. For some reason, tags aren't always working on here; in that I see you tagged me in the post but I never got a notification that the thread existed or that I was tagged in it. And on days where I don't check the forums or post in threads, I at least try to check my pm's.
Sounds good. Thanks again for the response