Epicatechin and meal timing

u_e_s_i

u_e_s_i

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I’ve been told that you should take epi with meals as it prevents absorption. Given this, how long should I wait after a meal before I dose again?

Also, Merry Christmas y’all!

Titxn

Awards
I’ve been told that you should take epi with meals as it prevents absorption. Given this, how long should I wait after a meal before I dose again?

Shouldn’t*? I’m assuming that’s what you meant

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote

I haven't specifically heard that one but if it's true then I would say 2 hours post meal should be fine.

bigsmall

Banned
Awards
I find its more effective on an empty stomach and have been using epi for a few years straight.

u_e_s_i

u_e_s_i

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Shouldn’t*? I’m assuming that’s what you meant
No I meant, how long should I allow for the digestion of the first meal before I dose for my next meal

Titxn

Awards
No I meant, how long should I allow for the digestion of the first meal before I dose for my next meal
Exactly, it’s a double negative. You shouldn’t take it with meals to prevent your body not absorbing it

hardknock

Awards
  • Established
Personally never heard of it however i know for me personally, waiting 2hrs was the "sweet" protocol that seemed to work MUCH better.

First time using was with meals for 16 weeks. Very little of anything to note.

The 2-4 times I used it was always 2hrs before or 2hrs after meals and I always run for 16 weeks. Works so much better it seems.