Ephedrine BP

mrmusicianist

Awards
Alright, I am posting this to kind of get a census as to what other people compare. Yesterday I took my BP at Wal-Mart. It was 154/78. I had taken 75mg of ephedrine throughout the day taken in 12.5mg doses. Just left Chili's, had faquitas and two cokes (so caffeine was up). My question is 154/78 dangerous at all? The top number has always been slightly higher than normal. When I am not on ephedrine or caffeine, my BP is normal ( I think, haven't checked in a while without being under the influence of something). Thanks.

rysigpi

rysigpi

Awards
  • Established
Those blood pressue cuffs at wal-mart are very often junk and dont fit around larger adult arms very well at all. Buy a real blood pressure cuff and then take it. Yes that reading is high but the cokes could have upped it even more than the E. We are not doctors here. Health insurance is a beautiful thing. Call them up and tell them whats going on.

Also, take your blood pressure (with a good cuff) again after taking E, and with the E out of your system to see how much it is really effecting you. Im not really a judgemental person, but drinking cokes all day and taking E seems kinds opposite of each other.....:blink:

ripped218

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Alright, I am posting this to kind of get a census as to what other people compare. Yesterday I took my BP at Wal-Mart. It was 154/78. I had taken 75mg of ephedrine throughout the day taken in 12.5mg doses. Just left Chili's, had faquitas and two cokes (so caffeine was up). My question is 154/78 dangerous at all? The top number has always been slightly higher than normal. When I am not on ephedrine or caffeine, my BP is normal ( I think, haven't checked in a while without being under the influence of something). Thanks.
The Systolic number or top number is a little high,but the diastolic ,the bottom number is the more important indictator for blood pressure.120/80 is considered the standard for blood pressure,As long as the systolic or bottom number does not reach between 90-100 you should be ok,The EC and also just eating something with alot of sodium could be attributable to your reading,i would keep an eye on it but don't worry to much,unless it goes higher.also as a rule athletes carry more mass so their BP usually runs higher than the average joe.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Take some celery seed & hawthorne berries plus add more potassium to your diet if you're having BP issues.