Endurance/strength

Marine42

Awards
Any recommendations for a natty stack that will help with primarily endurance and some strength? Looking to improve crossfit type workouts.

McBurly

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
BMP (slight strength increase) and FD2 (very noticeable boost in endurance)

Last edited:
soxbsbll05

soxbsbll05

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Peak02 (2g daily)
Beat Alanine
Creatine (5g daily)
Betaine Anhydrous

If you want to look further, high doses of Epicatechin are great for endurance and strength gains as well. OL Ep1logue and CEL Epi-Plex are good high dose oral options and Apex Alchemy Epichaos is a great topical Epi product.

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Posting so I can remember to come back after my workout and give you a breakdown.

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Ok so I'll preface this with saying it'll be a bit long skip to the end if you want (stack ideas there). Also, question is pretty open, but would be glad to expand if needed and you provide more info.

We need to keep in mind these endurance type sessions can be so vastly different and cover several domains, so supplementation may need to be different than what is normally addressed.

Stage 1/Basics:
  • Nutrition Bias: First would look at your nutrition. I say this not to be "that guy" on the forum and you don't have to expand unless you want, but mostly in the sense that depending on the session length, duration and intensity nailing down some peri/intra-workout nutrition can tend to be more beneficial in this crowd.
    • 20-40g Cho (type based on what the most economical you can digest well) + 5-10g Pro/EAA/BCAA (again cheapest based on what you can digest) per hour of activity is a good starting point.
    • Also even if fat loss is the goal please eat enough carbs to help performance with this style of training, results will be better.
  • Basic Supplementation:
    • Creatine: Cheapest (Mono) you can tolerate typically around 3-5g per day and probably only needed on training days. Even with Endurance as a main goal Crossfit style workouts can tax the phospho-creatine pathway a lot so this can help.
    • Taurine: Cheap and underrated can improve endurance in acute settings with as little as 1g.
    • Beta Alanine: 3.2g-6.4g per day, split to alleviate tingling if you dislike that. Endurance and fatigue improvements.
Stage 2:
Highly effective ingredients that are maybe a bit more specific to endurance/crossfit, but probably aren't as cheap as above. This is also my more "biased" list of things I see more potential/personally enjoy, but maybe not all of them have as much backing research wise.
  • Nitrates: 500mg-1g (of actual Nitrate) for most individuals. Endurance and even greater effects on shorter workouts via improvements in reduction of fatigue in anaerobic environments.
  • PeakO2 (or high quality Cordyceps and other mushrooms): 2-4g Daily for improved recovery, power, and extended time to exhaustion.
  • Actigin: Increase in endurance in high intensity (>80% VO2max) exercise and recovery for subsequent sessions.
  • Tart Cherry: Improved recovery (not directly for endurance, but decreasing muscular soreness and breakdown can help with subsequent session performance).
  • Ornithine: Limits ammonia build up for prolonged exercise. 2-4g is my preference (of Ornithine HCL, potentially less with LOLA).
  • Other Nitric Oxide Boosters: So I am going to leave this a bit "open" as it is a double edged sword here. Nitrates have the most promise for performance for these compounds in these scenarios (IMHO), but other ingredients can help boost NO -> Improved Endurance, BUT too many of them or too much for some can cause pumps to interfere (so it YMMV). Citrulline (3-6g) and Vaso6 (300-600mg) would be my next in line, but again it will depend and I don't usually combine Vaso + Nitrates (too much for me most times unless lower dosages are used).
  • Caffeine: So from a research perspective this would be up there with stage 1 in that it is SUPER effective and studied AND cheap, but a bit of a double edged sword again. If you limit this more to JUST caffeine and not tons of other exotic stims you can tend to be alright, but personal tolerance is also important. Too much and my HR can get higher than wanted in specific situations and be more detrimental.
Phew. That is a lot. Definitely leaves things out too (didn't even really get into adaptogens which are awesome for this kind of thing, but this is too much already). Don't take all of that. Pick some, preferably based on which "sounds" most beneficial to your situation.

TLDR Suggestions:
Super Basic Combo: Bulk Creatine, Taurine, Beta Alanine and Caffeine (SNS makes affordable bulks for these) + BCAA/EAA/Protein + Gatorade powder during training.

Some style and upgraded a bit: Controlled Labs Green Might (Taurine, Creatine, Tart Cherry) + Caffeine (based on tolerance) + Scivation Xtend Elite (PeakO2, BCAAs, Nitrates, Beta Alanine) + Gatorade/Carbs during training

My Current Go-To (no holding back): Morphogen Hexagen (Ornithine, Creatine, Glycerol, S7, fancy Carbs, Actigin) + Xtend Elite (or Synthagen EAAs + PeakO2 + Beta Alanine) + Proccor Ultra Octane/CEL Super Swole (if I want Nitrates or Vaso6, but they are both LOADED with tons of other great ergogens) + SNS Energized Aminos (Caffeine + EAAs + Teacrine)

Bonus Round:
Honestly most Natural Anabolics won't have as much direct benefit as many of the things above, but I keep coming back to CEL Anabolic Effect. The Actigin + S7 + Primavie combo is great for both strength, recovery and endurance and the KME on top of that is fire. Best performance booster in this category for me.

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Ok so I'll preface this with saying it'll be a bit long skip to the end if you want (stack ideas there). Also, question is pretty open, but would be glad to expand if needed and you provide more info.

We need to keep in mind these endurance type sessions can be so vastly different and cover several domains, so supplementation may need to be different than what is normally addressed.

Stage 1/Basics:
  • Nutrition Bias: First would look at your nutrition. I say this not to be "that guy" on the forum and you don't have to expand unless you want, but mostly in the sense that depending on the session length, duration and intensity nailing down some peri/intra-workout nutrition can tend to be more beneficial in this crowd.
    • 20-40g Cho (type based on what the most economical you can digest well) + 5-10g Pro/EAA/BCAA (again cheapest based on what you can digest) per hour of activity is a good starting point.
    • Also even if fat loss is the goal please eat enough carbs to help performance with this style of training, results will be better.
  • Basic Supplementation:
    • Creatine: Cheapest (Mono) you can tolerate typically around 3-5g per day and probably only needed on training days. Even with Endurance as a main goal Crossfit style workouts can tax the phospho-creatine pathway a lot so this can help.
    • Taurine: Cheap and underrated can improve endurance in acute settings with as little as 1g.
    • Beta Alanine: 3.2g-6.4g per day, split to alleviate tingling if you dislike that. Endurance and fatigue improvements.
Stage 2:
Highly effective ingredients that are maybe a bit more specific to endurance/crossfit, but probably aren't as cheap as above. This is also my more "biased" list of things I see more potential/personally enjoy, but maybe not all of them have as much backing research wise.
  • Nitrates: 500mg-1g (of actual Nitrate) for most individuals. Endurance and even greater effects on shorter workouts via improvements in reduction of fatigue in anaerobic environments.
  • PeakO2 (or high quality Cordyceps and other mushrooms): 2-4g Daily for improved recovery, power, and extended time to exhaustion.
  • Actigin: Increase in endurance in high intensity (>80% VO2max) exercise and recovery for subsequent sessions.
  • Tart Cherry: Improved recovery (not directly for endurance, but decreasing muscular soreness and breakdown can help with subsequent session performance).
  • Ornithine: Limits ammonia build up for prolonged exercise. 2-4g is my preference (of Ornithine HCL, potentially less with LOLA).
  • Other Nitric Oxide Boosters: So I am going to leave this a bit "open" as it is a double edged sword here. Nitrates have the most promise for performance for these compounds in these scenarios (IMHO), but other ingredients can help boost NO -> Improved Endurance, BUT too many of them or too much for some can cause pumps to interfere (so it YMMV). Citrulline (3-6g) and Vaso6 (300-600mg) would be my next in line, but again it will depend and I don't usually combine Vaso + Nitrates (too much for me most times unless lower dosages are used).
  • Caffeine: So from a research perspective this would be up there with stage 1 in that it is SUPER effective and studied AND cheap, but a bit of a double edged sword again. If you limit this more to JUST caffeine and not tons of other exotic stims you can tend to be alright, but personal tolerance is also important. Too much and my HR can get higher than wanted in specific situations and be more detrimental.
Phew. That is a lot. Definitely leaves things out too (didn't even really get into adaptogens which are awesome for this kind of thing, but this is too much already). Don't take all of that. Pick some, preferably based on which "sounds" most beneficial to your situation.

TLDR Suggestions:
Super Basic Combo: Bulk Creatine, Taurine, Beta Alanine and Caffeine (SNS makes affordable bulks for these) + BCAA/EAA/Protein + Gatorade powder during training.

Some style and upgraded a bit: Controlled Labs Green Might (Taurine, Creatine, Tart Cherry) + Caffeine (based on tolerance) + Scivation Xtend Elite (PeakO2, BCAAs, Nitrates, Beta Alanine) + Gatorade/Carbs during training

My Current Go-To (no holding back): Morphogen Hexagen (Ornithine, Creatine, Glycerol, S7, fancy Carbs, Actigin) + Xtend Elite (or Synthagen EAAs + PeakO2 + Beta Alanine) + Proccor Ultra Octane/CEL Super Swole (if I want Nitrates or Vaso6, but they are both LOADED with tons of other great ergogens) + SNS Energized Aminos (Caffeine + EAAs + Teacrine)

Bonus Round:
Honestly most Natural Anabolics won't have as much direct benefit as many of the things above, but I keep coming back to CEL Anabolic Effect. The Actigin + S7 + Primavie combo is great for both strength, recovery and endurance and the KME on top of that is fire. Best performance booster in this category for me.
Good info in this post. You are the man for making the time to lay out this type of info for someone you may or may not even know. AnabolicMinds is lucky to have you.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Proccor ultra octane IS AMAZING!

jameschoi

jameschoi

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
tart cherry for running/endurance:

For those of you who are into running, it is interesting to note that Kyle Levers of Texas A&M University published a study in the International Journal of Sports Medicine in which athletes were asked to consume 480 mg of tart cherry extract for 10 days prior to a half-marathon. The athletes who consumed the extract finished the race in a significantly shorter time (103 minutes) compared with those who took the placebo (118 minutes). Fifteen minutes is quite a significant difference!

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Good info in this post. You are the man for making the time to lay out this type of info for someone you may or may not even know. AnabolicMinds is lucky to have you.
Thanks, I just like to help out with things I've done in the past and have interest in, just in hopes it saves other people time and confusion.

Proccor ultra octane IS AMAZING!
Taste is a little meh, but the formula is top of the line. The rest of their line isn't too shabby either.

tart cherry for running/endurance:

For those of you who are into running, it is interesting to note that Kyle Levers of Texas A&M University published a study in the International Journal of Sports Medicine in which athletes were asked to consume 480 mg of tart cherry extract for 10 days prior to a half-marathon. The athletes who consumed the extract finished the race in a significantly shorter time (103 minutes) compared with those who took the placebo (118 minutes). Fifteen minutes is quite a significant difference!
Thanks for the study! I think I first used this with the old PEScience HICA + Tart Cherry and have since loved using it (have been through countless Green Might tubs and now Super Swole).

Tart cherry is like a super athlete ingredient IMO. Helps with joints, performance, and recovery.

The Express 42

The Express 42

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
AM: SNS Betaine Anhydrous, SNS Taurine, SNS Beta Alanine

Preworkout: SNS Energized Aminos, Cordyceps 10:1 extract, CEL Anabolic Effect Rhodiola Rosea 3% salidrosides, CEL Super Swole

Intra: Highly Branched Cyclic Dextrin, SNS Energized Aminos

KILLER COMBO FOR ENDURANCE

Also don’t waste money on supps if your diet isn’t in line with your goals remember they’re called supplements for a reason

abformulations

abformulations

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Look for Abformulations.net fat burner coming. Cordyceps at 20:1 at 2g.

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established

Stage 1/Basics:
  • Basic Supplementation:
Stage 2:

TLDR Suggestions:

Bonus Round:
Awesome post.

My $0.02: 1.5g ArA + 4g Peak02 is solid for strength and endurance.