Enclomifene: What to expect? How to prepare? Is it worth it?

AwakeningAlpha

AwakeningAlpha

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Hey guys I am 35 and looking to optimize overall health and gains. My Doc wants to prescribe me Enclomifene. According to my latest bloods test levels are 600+ with no noticeable sides. While I plan on TRT when it is necessary I am trying to postpone that as long as my natural levels are decent. I have been running tesamorelin and ipamorelin as I had sub optimal GH markers, and now they are suggesting Enclomifene.

Does anyone have experience with Enclomifene?

What should I expect from it?

I still need to do more research, but I have heard it is not terribly suppressive, there can be some mood swing sides. I am also very sensitive to gyno so should I also have an AI / tamoxifen on hand?
Anything else?

THANKS!

EpiStrong

EpiStrong

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
You need to do a little more research. It's an isomer of clomid which is a serm, selective estrogen receptor modulator. The other isomer builds in your system and causes the emotional sides you are talking about. It does not suppress you at all. For some it will boost test levels but over the course of a few months it usually returns to prior levels. Everyone's different though so don't base your expectations on others too much.

It will not boost you to superficial levels.

EpiStrong

EpiStrong

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Never seen this study. Busy working and ill fully read later but the results say
  • Enclomiphene citrate and transdermal testosterone increased levels of total testosterone within 2 weeks, but they had opposite effects on FSH and LH
While conclusion says
  • Enclomiphene citrate consistently increased serum total testosterone into the normal range and increased LH and FSH above the normal range.
What is the reason for difference, time on?

Edit.

Kind of odd unless I missed it skimming.

The increases in serum LH during the first 2 weeks of treatment were similar in the enclomiphene citrate groups, but transdermal testosterone significantly decreased the mean LH level

Last edited:
AwakeningAlpha

AwakeningAlpha

Awards
  • First Up Vote
You need to do a little more research. It's an isomer of clomid which is a serm, selective estrogen receptor modulator. The other isomer builds in your system and causes the emotional sides you are talking about. It does not suppress you at all. For some it will boost test levels but over the course of a few months it usually returns to prior levels. Everyone's different though so don't base your expectations on others too much.

It will not boost you to superficial levels.
Thank you. I was not expecting it would do anything really noticeable gains wise (superficial levels), but was confusing sides with the ones associated with clomid.
after reading the nih article linked by @Beau , it seems the main benefit of trying it is seeing if 600+ is my natural level or if my pituitary function is suppressed and could be due to "secondary hypogonadism". I know I am not infertile and dont have ED or any other symptoms like that.

Last edited:

Nodus1

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Why does your doctor want to prescribe enclomiphene for you? 600+ test level is solidly in the normal range. Unless you should naturally be testing at a significantly higher level, I’m afraid enclo isn’t going to do much for you.

What are you expecting from it?

AwakeningAlpha

AwakeningAlpha

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Why does your doctor want to prescribe enclomiphene for you? 600+ test level is solidly in the normal range. Unless you should naturally be testing at a significantly higher level, I’m afraid enclo isn’t going to do much for you.

What are you expecting from it?
Honestly thats why I asked. I have no expectation for it, nor did I bring it up. So I was wondering why they would, and what to expect. If there were any secret benefits or reasons to use or hold onto the stuff. While we would all love 1,000 T, I agree 600+ is normal and I have no complaints or symptoms that would require modulation (otherwise I'd just go on T).

At this point I am just doing the little things to optimize health , energy , wellbeing and aging before they become an issue. While I'm not beyond pharmacological or peptide help, I stay away from anything that might suppress me. Food, supps, and training are the main areas where I push the gains.

Thanks for your response.

Last edited:
Rad83

Rad83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Over 600 at 35 and your doc is offering enclo. maybe more? That is certainly a unique situation…

AwakeningAlpha

AwakeningAlpha

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Over 600 at 35 and your doc is offering enclo. maybe more? That is certainly a unique situation…
After everyones feedback, I'm starting to think they just want me to pay for the additional meds and follow ups. Thats the problem with these out of pocket docs. I am going to tell them I got a second opinion and cancel the enclo.

Thanks again guys!

Wobmarvel

Wobmarvel

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I took it for about a week and a half. I have gyno and my test levels are in the 500s. I had read that due to the blocking of estrogen receptors it could ease my gyno. I took at 12.5mg for a week then I tended to go to every other day. By the end of the first week my gyno had flared up and symptoms were the same as when I first got the gyno months before with regards to super sinsitivity and itching. I did a quick taper off but it was enough for me to decide that it's not for me. I believe it works very well to raise natural test but in my case my body converted to estrogen at an increased rate. The biggest issue would be doing this for weeks then the amount of unbound estrogen in your system would be pretty crazy. I believe it did start boosting test levels even in one week but there was no libido boost or other noticeable feelings.

AwakeningAlpha

AwakeningAlpha

Awards
  • First Up Vote
I took it for about a week and a half. I have gyno and my test levels are in the 500s. I had read that due to the blocking of estrogen receptors it could ease my gyno. I took at 12.5mg for a week then I tended to go to every other day. By the end of the first week my gyno had flared up and symptoms were the same as when I first got the gyno months before with regards to super sinsitivity and itching. I did a quick taper off but it was enough for me to decide that it's not for me. I believe it works very well to raise natural test but in my case my body converted to estrogen at an increased rate. The biggest issue would be doing this for weeks then the amount of unbound estrogen in your system would be pretty crazy. I believe it did start boosting test levels even in one week but there was no libido boost or other noticeable feelings.
Thank you for sharing your experience! I too am sensitive to gyno/ E conversion and have high normal E already, so I am thinking Enclo is not for me. No reward but risk a flare up? No thanks.

If you are still struggling w/ gyno, I have had good results stopping flare ups and shrinking with:
Supplements- BLR Letrone & Rebirth, Inhibit-P, Iron Legion Virtus, P5P, Vitamin E, Chrysin, DIM
Pharma- Raloxifene from MA Research , Tamoxifen