employment drug testing

lift9

Awards
does anybody know if taking an employment urine drug test while on prohormones cause a false positive? I know that employers don't usually look for prohormones and it probably will show up negative but can the prohormones still cause a false positive? anybody had personal experience with this? I cant seem to find any info about false positives and prohormones specifically, thanks.

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
False positive for what? They aren't testing for steroids.

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Just don't use HCG or they'll think you used a pregnant woman's piss.

BarryScott

BarryScott

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
My industry drug tests routinely, and the only people that ever fail are those that are habitually or very recently been using recreation drugs.

I've always been clean anyway, so no personal experience but plenty guys are on AAS and it's never an issue - and frankly, a high proportion use the stuff they actually test for and still manage to pass, so I wouldn't have any concern at all for the stuff they aren't specifically looking for.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
The answer is no end of thread. Trust me you have nothing to worry about. I got random testing done working high risk high security job for 5 years straight while on and off gear.

lift9

Awards
@ Old Witch test false positive for amphetamines, methamphetamines, pcp, or cocaine...im kinda not so knowledgable on drug tests but if you take something like methyl one alpha (Methyl-1-Etiocholenolol-Epietiocholanolone) will the ingredients in that cause one of those things previously listed to bring a false positive result. I know methyl one alpha is methylated but I don't know if thatll matter or not.

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
@ Old Witch test false positive for amphetamines, methamphetamines, pcp, or cocaine...im kinda not so knowledgable on drug tests but if you take something like methyl one alpha (Methyl-1-Etiocholenolol-Epietiocholanolone) will the ingredients in that cause one of those things previously listed to bring a false positive result. I know methyl one alpha is methylated but I don't know if thatll matter or not.
No brother.

They both have the letters "meth" somewhere in their structure, or name ... but they aren't related, or similar in the slightest.

Anabolics won't give you a false positive for recreational drugs.

Popeisdope

Awards
No they shouldnt. What causes false positives are chemicals that are either physically similar to or act in a similar way to recreational drugs.

Like dex in cough syrup can lead to a false positive for amphetamines because its a precursor in a common formulation used to make meth.

Poppy seeds could cause false positives for opiates because they can have residue leftover on them that contains 10s or 100s of different opiate alkaloids .

To my knowledge there are no phs or aas that is similar enough to any recreational drugs of abuse to cause a false positive. They would need to send your urine to s lab and specifically ask for it ro be tested for aas. And most employers dont care enough to do that because
1.asking questions about how your body looks can get them in some decent trouble if you werent on aas
2. You're not nearly as likely to show up to work ****ed up from steroid usage as it doesnt have an effect on the cns.
3. Its expensive.

mikeymike85

mikeymike85

Awards
  • Established
Lol this is too funny. You think they are going to fire you because you walk sideways thru doors? Lmfao

matt8483

matt8483

Awards
  • Established
does anybody know if taking an employment urine drug test while on prohormones cause a false positive? I know that employers don't usually look for prohormones and it probably will show up negative but can the prohormones still cause a false positive? anybody had personal experience with this? I cant seem to find any info about false positives and prohormones specifically, thanks.
No, def not!

lift9

Awards
@ Renew1 thanks for the input I appreciate it! Popeisdope thanks for the info! this is what I needed I just couldn't seem to find this specifically anywhere else

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Steroid blood tests are very specific tests which are different from the normal drug test and are very very expensive. Each AAS must be tested for individually, and it takes human interaction at every step. There is not a machine which can just tell you there are AAS in the blood.

It is a very very complicated process and unless you are an athlete in a tested sport you will not be subject to such a test.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
As a side note, you can very easily find out what they are testing for. Pre employment lab work will say right on it what you are about to be tested for and I feel like you have the right to know what your randoms are testing for. It may seem sketchy to ask though if you do it in a weird way. I just know that shrooms can't be tested and that is all I care for lol