Elevated liver enzymes on dbol

Punkrocker

Punkrocker

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hey lads im in my 5th week on dbol. Up about 10 pounds. Recently had bloodwork. Ast was 45(top of the range normal) and ALT was 71. Which is high. Everything else was normal. Im taking NAC and TUDCA for liver support. Should i keep going with the dbol or should i drop it now? How long cam you do dbol for? Are these elevations minor or something i should worry about. Also i have no idea what dose im on because it said it was anavar but i tested it and its dbol.

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Maybe consider if there could be any other reason it is elevated.

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Those aren’t that high imo. I had them in the hundreds for a while and couldn’t figure out why. It really depends on if you think the risk is worth the reward tbh. How much tudca and how long are you running it? I would be more skeptical about the gear itself considering it is not what it says on the label.

Punkrocker

Punkrocker

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Those aren’t that high imo. I had them in the hundreds for a while and couldn’t figure out why. It really depends on if you think the risk is worth the reward tbh. How much tudca and how long are you running it? I would be more skeptical about the gear itself considering it is not what it says on the label.
True. Im doing 500mg tudca. You know what, i was thinking to stop the dbol for 2-3 weeks and let my liver rest and then jump back on it for another 30 days. Im on trt anyway so hopefully that will help me retain whatever ive gained.

jrock645

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
That’s not very high at all. Barely out of range. In the short term I wouldn’t worry about it.

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
As mentioned above, I would say those levels are pretty damn good to be on a harsh oral like dbol. You should be happy with the results. You’re about done with your cycle anyways since you’re week 5 so your levels will drop back to normal a couple weeks after you’ve discontinued dbol.

Punkrocker

Punkrocker

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
As mentioned above, I would say those levels are pretty damn good to be on a harsh oral like dbol. You should be happy with the results. You’re about done with your cycle anyways since you’re week 5 so your levels will drop back to normal a couple weeks after you’ve discontinued dbol.
Yeah im thinking that im gonna stop it now. My heart palpitations have also increased since i been on it. Im gonna stop for 2-3 weeks then either get back on it for another 4 weeks or maybe use a dry prohormone like epistane or methylstenbolone

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Yeah im thinking that im gonna stop it now. My heart palpitations have also increased since i been on it. Im gonna stop for 2-3 weeks then either get back on it for another 4 weeks or maybe use a dry prohormone like epistane or methylstenbolone
Yeah good idea to stop, not that I think it’s crazy to keep going but harsh orals are better stopped at week 4-5 plus even if you kept going gains usually stall a lot after the 4 week mark. If you’re on trt something that’s good is like a 4 on 4 off 4 on 4 off and after a while you go off orals for a good 3-4 months to really give your body a rest.

Punkrocker

Punkrocker

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yeah good idea to stop, not that I think it’s crazy to keep going but harsh orals are better stopped at week 4-5 plus even if you kept going gains usually stall a lot after the 4 week mark. If you’re on trt something that’s good is like a 4 on 4 off 4 on 4 off and after a while you go off orals for a good 3-4 months to really give your body a rest.
Ok that sounds like a good plan. Thanks for the advice bro! Tbh the anxiety has really been messing with me. Im glad to take a break from it lol

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Ok that sounds like a good plan. Thanks for the advice bro! Tbh the anxiety has really been messing with me. Im glad to take a break from it lol
Yeah Dbol is one of the few drugs that aggravated my regular anxiety. For me pretty sure the high estrogen I didn’t control enough was the reason for that anxiety.

Punkrocker

Punkrocker

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yeah Dbol is one of the few drugs that aggravated my regular anxiety. For me pretty sure the high estrogen I didn’t control enough was the reason for that anxiety.
Yeah thats probably my issue as well however ive noticed that no aromatizing pro hormones jack me up as well. I got a couple bottles of epistane left over from the pro hormone days. Maybe ill use that or maybe the dbol again....OR BOTH MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Yeah thats probably my issue as well however ive noticed that no aromatizing pro hormones jack me up as well. I got a couple bottles of epistane left over from the pro hormone days. Maybe ill use that or maybe the dbol again....OR BOTH MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
Yeah I don’t use orals as much anymore I use more oils but I always prefered the drier ones like msten, epistane , dmz , m1a etc.

Punkrocker

Punkrocker

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yeah I don’t use orals as much anymore I use more oils but I always prefered the drier ones like msten, epistane , dmz , m1a etc.
Dmz made me lose my mind. I lasted 21 days on that and had to stop because my anxiety was off the rails. But man i was so strong it was insane

brofessorx

brofessorx

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I’ve been off gear for about 2 years now. The end of my last cycle of test and primo was AST:24 ALT:22. I had been on for about 6 months.
Fast forward 2 years, my AST is 20, my ALT is 21.

back in 09 when I only ran orals, my post cycle numbers were AST:22 ALT:51

so are your numbers high? 🤷‍♂️

brofessorx

brofessorx

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
We actually used to have a guy on here we nicknamed iron liver something, maybe it was jay? Idk. Been a while.
He’d run stacks of things I’d theorize would be fun, such as stacking anadrol with superdrol.

CroLifter

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
@Punkrocker those liver enzymes are completely fine when you are using an oral steroid.

But i would reckon they will be worse on epistane or msten (msten is a dimethyl !!), also your lipids will be down in the dumps as those are dht derived. I reckon that msten and epistane are some of the worst when it comes to your lipids. Think winstrol and worse

If you dont like dbol and want sth drier, how about tbol?

Btw msten and epi are not prohormones, they are active anabolic steroids, just like dbol and tbol.

Last edited:

Jpflex

Awards
  • First Up Vote
I would stop the Dbol and stay off more weeks than what you want. Orals are only takin 6 weeks only because liver problems

StarScream66

StarScream66

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
You might want to consider something more potent that TUDUCA and NAC. Liv 52 has a reputation amongst bodybuilders as one of the most potent liver renovators out there on the market today. These are all recommended by William Llewellyn (although the page of my PDF was cut off with the info:

• Liv 52
  • Essential Forte

• Liv 52 has been around for years and many old timers can attest to it. The Essential Forte actually has some solid research behind it. It's a blend of phoshyolipids.

[The effect of polyene phosphatidylcholine (Essentiale forte) in the treatment of liver steatosis and ultrasound findings--preliminary study]
      Horejsová M,
      Urban J
      Author information
      Casopis Lekaru Ceskych, 31 May 1994, 133(12):366-369Language:cze
      PMID: 8069893

Share this article Share with emailShare with twitterShare with linkedinShare with facebook
      Abstract
      BACKGROUND: Steatosis of the liver is the most frequent diffuse liver disease and its detection increased markedly due to ultrasonography. The presence of lipid particles in hepatocytes alters the ultrastructure of cellular membranes. The damaged cell is unable to meet adequately the energy requirements of phospholipid synthesis, the latter being the basic component of cellular and subcellular membranes. Substitution of "essential" phospholipids plays an important role in their regeneration. OBJECTIVE: The objective of the open trial without controls was to obtain preliminary information on the effectiveness of Essentiale forte cps. in the treatment of steatosis of the liver of varying etiology in a group of 30 women, focused on changes in the ultrasonic pictures and a parallel follow-up of laboratory findings and subjective feelings, to be followed subsequently by a placebo controlled double blind trial. METHODS AND RESULTS: Ultrasonic examinations were made using a Hewlett-Packard apparatus (77065AR). The sonographic criterium of steatosis was the finding of a diffusely enhanced echogenicity of the liver parenchyma associated as a rule with varying degrees of hepatomegaly with a smooth rounded margin and readily apparent hepatic veins with a normal lumen. The preparation Essentiale forte, cps. Rhône-Poulenc Rorer Co., contains natural "essential" phospholipids, diglyceride esters of cholinephosphoric acid (enriched with unsaturated fatty acids (linolic, linoleic, oleic) 300 mg, vitamin B1 6 mg, vitamin B2 6 mg, vitamin B6 6 mg, vitamin B12 6 micrograms, nicotinamide 30 mg, vitamin E 6 mg. Six tablets per day (2 x 3 tablets) were administered for six months. The clinical, ultrasonic and laboratory examination were made at the onset of the trial and then after the second and sixth month. From the total number of 28 women who completed treatment in 29 % (8 woman) were free from sonographic signs of steatosis and only in 25 % (7 women) the finding remained unaltered. In the remainder the ultrasonic picture improved only partly, in 10 of 11 women (91 %) the non-homogeneity of the parenchyma disappeared, in 3 of 12 women (25 %) the conduction of acoustic signals improved. The authors recorded also regression of hepatomegaly from 12.9 +/- 1.5 cm to 11.4 +/- 1.0 cm (p < 0.0001). There was also a significant decline of laboratory values: ALT from 1.650 +/- 1.612 mu kat/l to 0.812 +/- 0.392 mu kat/l (p < 0.0014), AST from 1.308 +/- 1.341 mu kat/l to 0.613 +/- 0.206 mu kat/l (p < 0.0038), GMT from 2.525 +/- 3.374 mu kat/l to 0.976 +/- 0.727 mu kat/l (p < 0.0078). A statistically significant decline was also found in mean values of total bilirubin (p < 0.0316), cholesterol (p < 0.0129) and triglycerides (p < 0.001). In all patients subjective sensations improved (p < 0.05). CONCLUSIONS: The authors provided evidence than in 53.6 % of patients the effect of six-month treatment with Essentiale forte was very good (improvement of all investigated parameters), partial in 42.9 % (improvement of laboratory findings and subjective complaints) ad not quite satisfactory in 3.6 % (only improvement of subjective feelings).

Punkrocker

Punkrocker

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You might want to consider something more potent that TUDUCA and NAC. Liv 52 has a reputation amongst bodybuilders as one of the most potent liver renovators out there on the market today. These are all recommended by William Llewellyn (although the page of my PDF was cut off with the info:

• Liv 52
  • Essential Forte

• Liv 52 has been around for years and many old timers can attest to it. The Essential Forte actually has some solid research behind it. It's a blend of phoshyolipids.
Nothing is better than tudca. Nice sales pitch tho

brofessorx

brofessorx

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Liver 52 was the most popular liver support in the early days of designer steroids.
then came cycle assist. Which, is still to this day, my favorite support supplement. And I’ve tried them all.
It’s very effective, I’d even go as far as to saying tudca isn’t really needed when using it.
I like tudca though if you’re just focusing on keeping your liver healthy or doing a pct for your liver.
But there are a number of other side effects from steroids to be concerned about.

most people die from cardiovascular disease(and not liver issues) which is enhanced from steroid usage. It’s a silent killer.

Where as liver issues are more in your face and apparent, which is probably why so many focus on it and not the cardiovascular stuff.

StarScream66

StarScream66

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Liver 52 was the most popular liver support in the early days of designer steroids.
then came cycle assist. Which, is still to this day, my favorite support supplement. And I’ve tried them all.
It’s very effective, I’d even go as far as to saying tudca isn’t really needed when using it.
I like tudca though if you’re just focusing on keeping your liver healthy or doing a pct for your liver.
But there are a number of other side effects from steroids to be concerned about.

most people die from cardiovascular disease(and not liver issues) which is enhanced from steroid usage. It’s a silent killer.

Where as liver issues are more in your face and apparent, which is probably why so many focus on it and not the cardiovascular stuff.
This video is really helpful for issues with cardiovascular disease:

Also, here's a great article from Life Extension about it:

You need to get your blood tested frequently, make sure your blood pressure is in check because that can damage your kidneys, and AAS raise your HDL cholesterol, so those are all things to keep in mind.