Electronic Muscle Stimulators

Slims

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
EMS machines seem to be becomming more advanced and more commonly used lately, with even the top level pro's such as Phil Heath and Sadik Hadzovic advertising their use of these products on their social media channels.
I just wanted to get some thoughts, opinions and hopefully some experiences from the AM Forum world.

Can electronically stimulated muscle contractions really be beneficial in terms of muscle building and be powerful enough to cause an anabolic response?

Reps for responses.

bristolbuild

Awards
No, but they are great for injury recovery. The stimulation allows more blood to flow to the area allowing for a quicker recovery time. Also, if used at injection site it allows for the medication to flow quicker into the blood stream. I have also used ease of muscle cramps and bruising recovery

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Rehab setting for atrophy or increasing blood flow yes. Helping with the gate control theory, yes, by definition lol. For a healthy individual looking to attain strength and or size....no. Not now nor anytime soon will it be beneficial. Theres actually a few research studies available for the topic but im sure you have to pay to see it.

Slims

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Rehab setting for atrophy or increasing blood flow yes. Helping with the gate control theory, yes, by definition lol. For a healthy individual looking to attain strength and or size....no. Not now nor anytime soon will it be beneficial. Theres actually a few research studies available for the topic but im sure you have to pay to see it.
So in terms of it's muscle growth possibilities it's more of a recovery product?

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
So in terms of it's muscle growth possibilities it's more of a recovery product?
Yes.

Atrophy, muscle re-education, and pain relief.

Slims

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yes.

Atrophy, muscle re-education, and pain relief.
Have you ever used an EMS machine?
I'm looking into getting an EMS machine to help me recover faster so that I can increase my training frequency to bring up my lagging muscles (Triceps and Hamstrings).

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yes. Personally after ACL and meniscus surgery, with my athletes, and for patients in the clinic. I even own my own and it’s covered in dust.

They are pretty cheap now and can be found at Walmart on the shelf. I personally think your better with heat and ice. Increasing blood flow and aiding the inflammatory response.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Mowglisml Supplement Auction 0
ManimalPatB General Chat 0
The Neck General Chat 4
General Chat 2
General Chat 4