Elbow tendonitis any other supplements better than what I am takeing

totalpackage

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I get tendonitis in either my right or left elbow and I use a few different supplements which I rotate through out the year and these are the ones I use
Cissus caps by Primaforce, Glucosamine, Chondrotin,and MSM by Swanson, Hyaluronic acid, and Fish oil by Now Foods. I just came off a 6 week rest from training because of some foot surgury and I am 3 weeks into my training cycle and the tendonitis in my left elbow is kicking my ass which is unusual because it's only been 3 weeks into my cycle and it usually doesn't kick in like this until like 18 weeks training. When I got back into training 3 weeks ago I started with 4 caps of cissus, 3 caps of fish oil, and 2 caps of hyaluronic acid a day and I was wondering if there is anything else out their
that someone could recommend for elbow tendonitis that thet have used with good success. Any help would be very appreciated and thank you in advance.

jumpshot903

jumpshot903

Awards
  • Established
I had triceps tendonitis right above the elbow i thought it was elbow tendonitis but it wasn't, i took super cissus rx and cleared it up within 8-11 days and now theres zero pain. Ive been taking it regulary for the past 2 months and it hasnt flared up again.

totalpackage

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Do you think ths super cissus from USP labs is better for tendonitis than the one from Primaforce if so how many caps a day of the USP labs one were you taking a day. I was taking 2caps twice a day on an empty stomach.

KashMoni

KashMoni

Awards
Do you think ths super cissus from USP labs is better for tendonitis than the one from Primaforce if so how many caps a day of the USP labs one were you taking a day. I was taking 2caps twice a day on an empty stomach.
USP labs puts the serving size at 2 pills....

but then it says if do a loading phase at 9 pills a day for 14-21 days, and then a maintaining phase of 6 caps a day etc...like all their products...

Honestly with all that money your spending, invest in a good elbow wrap (something with a gel) and don't lift as heavy for 2 weeks or so.

If that doesn't help, you can do electrotherapy and if you can afford it, ultrasound on top of that, 2 sessions should do the trick, 3 tops.

EDIT: I just remembered curcumin/tumeric powder... best supp possible. Blows all that overpriced bs like USP labs Super Cissus Rx out the way.

totalpackage

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I do use elbow wraps but I have been training for about 30 years so I guess it's wear and tear and I actually was training light when the tendonits kicked in because I was only 3 weeks in my training cycle so no heavy wt. was being used yet. What is this tumeric/ curcumin powder and does it come in caps and where to get I definately would like to try it and thanks for your feed back.

KashMoni

KashMoni

Awards
if you want caps, look up Life Extensions, super curcumin with bioperine ;)

You can get it locally or online...

mich29

mich29

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
need to build muscle skeletal balm might be something you might wanna look into.here's a quick read on it

Revolutionary joint aid and muscle rub. Skeletal-balm uses the power of 100 % Pure Cosmetic Grade Emu Oil and other essential oils to deliver our powerful joint repairing Formula deep into the joints and bones. At the same time Skeletal-balm has a Instant cool soothing effect on muscle and joint pain. Skeletal-balm also Increases blood flow and circulation to both muscles and joints, adding to its instant healing and pain relieving effects.

totalpackage

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Thanks KashMoni I am going to look into Life Extentions super curcumin right now.

underthesun

Awards
Cissus works. Glucosamine, Chondrotin, and MSM do nothing. My 2c.

kingjameskjf

kingjameskjf

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
need to build muscle skeletal balm might be something you might wanna look into.here's a quick read on it

Revolutionary joint aid and muscle rub. Skeletal-balm uses the power of 100 % Pure Cosmetic Grade Emu Oil and other essential oils to deliver our powerful joint repairing Formula deep into the joints and bones. At the same time Skeletal-balm has a Instant cool soothing effect on muscle and joint pain. Skeletal-balm also Increases blood flow and circulation to both muscles and joints, adding to its instant healing and pain relieving effects.
I have heard nothing but good things about skeletal balm. One day I'll run out of my stash of stuff and have to pick some up.

I use Now Celadrin which is a topical joint formula that I like.

jgassen15

jgassen15

Awards
Ecdysterone could help with joint health. Curcumin and creatine both usually make my joints feel great. The efficacy of glucosamine, chondroitin, and msm have all been proven, so even if you don't necessarily get relief from taking them, I still would as chondroprotective agents. Also, bump up your fish oil to 8-10 caps a day. It can get a little pricey, but the cheap fish oil has been proven as effective as the more expensive versions in a study I saw, so just go get the 2 bottle deals at Wally World (fascist a-holes). The Dr. who founded Regenexx stem cell therapy recommended resveratrol, which in theory could be protective to the joints, but on all the forums I've seen people complained about joint pain. I know a lot of people that swear by SAMe.

kingjameskjf

kingjameskjf

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ecdysterone could help with joint health. Curcumin and creatine both usually make my joints feel great. The efficacy of glucosamine, chondroitin, and msm have all been proven, so even if you don't necessarily get relief from taking them, I still would as chondroprotective agents. Also, bump up your fish oil to 8-10 caps a day. It can get a little pricey, but the cheap fish oil has been proven as effective as the more expensive versions in a study I saw, so just go get the 2 bottle deals at Wally World (fascist a-holes). The Dr. who founded Regenexx stem cell therapy recommended resveratrol, which in theory could be protective to the joints, but on all the forums I've seen people complained about joint pain. I know a lot of people that swear by SAMe.
Agreed with the glucosamine, chondroitin and msm. I would, however, make sure it was glucosamine sulfate not HCl, which is an inferior form. Fish oil is good too and I forgot about SAM-e. SAM-e has a whole host of benefits that make it a great supp, but expensive.

Wheyfocused

Awards
  • Established
Orange Triad + Fishoil + Bulk cissus. Covers you for most joint issues.

If you have something worse you really need to get it checked by a doctor

totalpackage

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I just want to give an update to my post about tendonitis. I picked up a jar of Life Extentions Super Curcumin with Bioperine 800 mg which was recommended to me by KashMoni I have to say after 5 days and 2 caps a day this stuff does work for tendonitis
I started to feel it working by day 3. Curicuim will definately become a staple for my joint supplements. I would like to know if anyone has used a version of curcumin or tumeric that doesn't have bioperine in it. The bioperine is suppose to help with the absorbsion but you pay a lot more for it. Life Extentions cost is about $25 and other brands without bioperine such as Now Foods is about $8 a big difference in price. I was just wondering if I really needed the bioperine in it because Now Foods is a company I like for my fish oil, beta- analine powder, Adam multi, and hyaluronic acid and their prices are a lot less than other brands. Any info is always appreciated and again Kash Moni thanks for the info about curcumin and tumeric.

Milas

Milas

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Bioperine increases curcumin absorption something like 2000%, so it's definitely worth it. You can keep looking for something more affordable, or get bioperine in another supplement or solo. Curcumin is great for a whole host of applications, glad it's working for you!

Skeletal Balm from NeedToBuildMuscle is a great topical joint/tendonitis pain reliever too. Good for fast pain relief!