SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
IMG_5889.JPG

IMG_5891.JPG

Trying out the new protein blend by Build Fast Formula (unsponsored log). As a devout daily user of Vasoblitz/Fullblitz since their introduction, I naturally jumped on the intro sale of EIGHTY:20 and also had a 20% coupon to tack on as well. Grabbed 3 bags of chocolate lava cake flavor. A solid company with transparent labels and ingredients that produce results. I am optimistic about this new offering. It has been quite some time since I have incorporated any micellar protein in my routine. As in it’s namesake, this product is 80% micellar and 20% whey.
My daily staple supplements are: creatine, vasoblitz/fullblitz, orange triad, krill oil, mct oil, and boron.
Just getting back to training after a sickness induced forced deload for 2 weeks. Body weight is down to 217 and today was day one back at it, time to reap some newb gains.
I had already slammed a whey shake post workout today before checking the mail to find these treasures, so I will take first serving later tonight. I was also sent a sample pack of vanilla flavor. I have always hated vanilla flavor anything but I’ll still give it a whirl at some point.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Taste is off the charts! It’s like a liquified lava cake. One of the few proteins that you actually enjoy drinking and it doesn’t feel like a chore but rather a tasty treat. Mixes well and unlike many proteins that feel as if they run through you like a glass of water, this one actually satisfies and sticks to your ribs. I forgot how good that micellar feels when it hits your stomach. I’ll try out the vanilla in the next few days.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Taste is off the charts! It’s like a liquified lava cake. One of the few proteins that you actually enjoy drinking and it doesn’t feel like a chore but rather a tasty treat. Mixes well and unlike many proteins that feel as if they run through you like a glass of water, this one actually satisfies and sticks to your ribs. I forgot how good that micellar feels when it hits your stomach. I’ll try out the vanilla in the next few days.
Glad you are loving the product man.
Can't wait to hear your 2 cents on the vanilla.

The intro deal is an absolute steal on a product that has been getting great reviews left and right. Thanks for the insight.

Do you mind listing how you mix the product (Amount of water, amount of powder)
do you plan on making protein pudding/sludge or using it for baking? I am curious to see how you enjoy it in multiple fashions

3854D816-5FB1-4D8B-AAF8-C6F8F7254443.jpeg

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Glad you are loving the product man.
Can't wait to hear your 2 cents on the vanilla.

The intro deal is an absolute steal on a product that has been getting great reviews left and right. Thanks for the insight.

Do you mind listing how you mix the product (Amount of water, amount of powder)
do you plan on making protein pudding/sludge or using it for baking? I am curious to see how you enjoy it in multiple fashions

View attachment 190809
Yes that deal was too good to pass up!

Currently using making 2 shakes per day (1 post workout and 1 pre bed). I mix one scoop of EIGHTY:20 (32.5 grams) with 8 oz of whole milk and 5 grams of creatine. I need the extra calories right now. I will also try it mixed with water and creatine at some point to compare taste vs with milk.

I honestly never have baked using protein powder. I might have to try it. I’ll for sure use one of your YouTube vids for recipe if I do.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Yes that deal was too good to pass up!

Currently using making 2 shakes per day (1 post workout and 1 pre bed). I mix one scoop of EIGHTY:20 (32.5 grams) with 8 oz of whole milk and 5 grams of creatine. I need the extra calories right now. I will also try it mixed with water and creatine at some point to compare taste vs with milk.

I honestly never have baked using protein powder. I might have to try it. I’ll for sure use one of your YouTube vids for recipe if I do.
let me know if you try 6oz or 10oz of liquid (milk or water) and what you personally feel about the difference in ratios of powder to liquid

I also like adding a scoop to a bowl and just adding enough water to make a pudding (i use it to throw onto rice cakes, pieces of bread, bagels as a topping). Since Eighty:20 is so thick due to heavy casein it makes a very dense pudding with a decent amount of volume (compared to thin isolates).

Oh yeah! Fire up any of my youtube videos or just let me know about a recipe and I got you!

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
let me know if you try 6oz or 10oz of liquid (milk or water) and what you personally feel about the difference in ratios of powder to liquid

I also like adding a scoop to a bowl and just adding enough water to make a pudding (i use it to throw onto rice cakes, pieces of bread, bagels as a topping). Since Eighty:20 is so thick due to heavy casein it makes a very dense pudding with a decent amount of volume (compared to thin isolates).

Oh yeah! Fire up any of my youtube videos or just let me know about a recipe and I got you!
I like that pudding with rice cakes idea, that will definitely be happening soon.
Thanks man! I’ll do some perusing of YouTube recipes and get at ya with any questions

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I like that pudding with rice cakes idea, that will definitely be happening soon.
Thanks man! I’ll do some perusing of YouTube recipes and get at ya with any questions
Pudding is great too for:
Throwing in Fresh/Frozen Fruit (Banana's, Berries)
Cereal's
Granola
Trail Mix

Countless and endless opportunities.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Tried out the vanilla ice cream flavor today post workout. Did my standard shake with 8 oz milk and 5 gram creatine. Taste is exactly as labeled, spot on creamy vanilla ice cream. I have never in my life cared for vanilla flavor, so naturally I favor the lava cake flavor. If you are a true vanilla aficionado I can pretty much guarantee you will love this flavor.
The other night I was mixing up my post dinner shake and as soon as I opened the bag my girl commented how strong the smell of chocolate was, and I love chocolate more than this kid
Adjustments.JPG

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Haven’t made it to the store yet to get some additions to throw in a pudding style mix. I’ve just been making milkshakes as per usual. Ill get there tomorrow morning and whip up some concoctions.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Add Eighty:20 to a bowl
Add enough water/milk to make a pudding
Put in fridge for 20-30 minutes to let it thicken up
$$$$$

I spread mine onto rice cakes (Lightly Salted)
Sometimes ill throw bananas on top

Or you can just go HAM and throw a bunch of cereal, berries, and other toppings into the sludge/protein pudding bowl.

BOSSMAN

BOSSMAN

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
If I can add a lil sumn as I'm now the sludge master (haha I've made it 3x) while adding your liquid do it in small spurts. Example add your powder, then a lil liquid...stir it until you see what you have. If good, stop obviously, if not...lil more liquid then stir until you see what you got etc etc...

Reason I bring this up is the first time I just kept adding and stirring and didnt realize that it really doesnt take much liquid at all. That's why my first batch was basically a shake in a bowl. After 2 or 3 attempts you got it!!!

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Add Eighty:20 to a bowl
Add enough water/milk to make a pudding
Put in fridge for 20-30 minutes to let it thicken up
$$$$$

I spread mine onto rice cakes (Lightly Salted)
Sometimes ill throw bananas on top

Or you can just go HAM and throw a bunch of cereal, berries, and other toppings into the sludge/protein pudding bowl.
Yeah I’m thinking rice cakes, bananas, pistachios and berries. That sounds delightful.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
If I can add a lil sumn as I'm now the sludge master (haha I've made it 3x) while adding your liquid do it in small spurts. Example add your powder, then a lil liquid...stir it until you see what you have. If good, stop obviously, if not...lil more liquid then stir until you see what you got etc etc...

Reason I bring this up is the first time I just kept adding and stirring and didnt realize that it really doesnt take much liquid at all. That's why my first batch was basically a shake in a bowl. After 2 or 3 attempts you got it!!!
Lol. Notes sludge master!

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
How you liking the product? @SkRaw85
Any updates?
Found your sweet spot with water/powder ratio?
Try making sludge or baking with it?

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
How you liking the product? @SkRaw85
Any updates?
Found your sweet spot with water/powder ratio?
Try making sludge or baking with it?
Just bought some Girl Scout cookies to throw in to the medley. Running a few more errands then making a nice pudding later today. Will be back to post more soon

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Just bought some Girl Scout cookies to throw in to the medley. Running a few more errands then making a nice pudding later today. Will be back to post more soon
BAM!

FullBlitz Rocket Pop is back in stock on the webpage too!

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
View attachment 191432

Whipped up a little sludge with 4 oz of water and 3 do si dos Girl Scout cookies. These two tastes go together finely! I think next time I will use milk instead of water for a more layered taste. The cookies were a welcomed treat, as they are every year this time lol. A milkshake blended with some of these, pistachios, and some other goods is on deck next.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
View attachment 191432

Whipped up a little sludge with 4 oz of water and 3 do si dos Girl Scout cookies. These two tastes go together finely! I think next time I will use milk instead of water for a more layered taste. The cookies were a welcomed treat, as they are every year this time lol. A milkshake blended with some of these, pistachios, and some other goods is on deck next.
Oh yeah!!!! Keep it coming.