eggs bad!?!?

LilPsychotic

LilPsychotic

Awards
  • Established
Seven or more eggs a week raises risk of death - Yahoo! News

Christ on a cross, if this article is true I am seriously ****ed. I eat this many in a day sometimes. What do you think?
7 whole eggs in a day is alot. One yolk has 133 mg cholesterol in it. I know that high cholesterol is more of a genetic thing, but I honestly don't believe that consuming that much cholesterol in 1 day will have no adverse effect on one's lipid profile, and eventually general health. I think the max # of yolks eaten/day should be 2. I eat 1 yolk/day. I used to use whole eggs, and just scoop the yolk out, but I found that getting the pure whites, and supplementing that each morning with one whole egg is much more economical, and much less annoying.

epixep

epixep

Awards
Just stick to egg whites... maybe a yolk or two mixed in every now and then.

OpKang101

OpKang101

Awards
eggs arent bad, just keep the egg yolks to a minimum,

yolk has high cholesterol but also does contain some good nutrients in there that are beneficial.

i normally eat egg wholes since i feel as if they are wasted when i throw the yolks out

but some people like to put 1 yolk for every 6 egg whites. (thats 1 egg whole and 5 egg whites)

futurepilot

Awards
  • Established
Seven or more eggs a week raises risk of death - Yahoo! News

Christ on a cross, if this article is true I am seriously ****ed. I eat this many in a day sometimes. What do you think?

I think the bigger picture is who normally eats eggs. people who eat bacon maybe? Eggs scrambled with regular cheese? next to ham, and pancakes and syrup.

Every few years it seems "they" decide eggs will kill you. Then they take it back in a few months.

they probly looked at the normal egg consumer, even been to a Dennys before? or heaven forbid a Waffle House? those are the kinds of people that die early.

If the rest of your diets in check, within moderation obviously, you can eat as many eggs as you want. Just make sure your cholesterol is balanced.

TerribleTowel

TerribleTowel

Awards
  • Established
I believe the last line pretty much sums this article up...

"Men who ate the most eggs also were older, fatter, ate more vegetables but less breakfast cereal, and were more likely to drink alcohol, smoke and less likely to exercise -- all factors that can affect the risk of heart attack and death."

Neil5585

Neil5585

Awards
  • Established
This is bullsh1t.

Eat your WHOLE eggs and don't be a pussy eating whites.

bj22

Awards
Damn right. This morning I had 4 whole omega 3 eggs, an apple with Natty PB and a glass of milk. This is pretty standard for me and I look and feel like a million bucks. The proof is in the pudding.

CryingEmo

CryingEmo

Awards
  • Established
Egg's are bad.

So go eat some processed low fat/low cholesterol **** some corporation makes money off of, because they aren't making money off of eggs.

ozarkaBRAND

ozarkaBRAND

Awards
  • Established
Egg's are bad.

So go eat some processed low fat/low cholesterol **** some corporation makes money off of, because they aren't making money off of eggs.
you changed our avi.... but, why?? :(

PHWSSJ

PHWSSJ

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
This is bullsh1t.

Eat your WHOLE eggs and don't be a pussy eating whites.
second DAMN RIGHT!!!

dont be a pussy! I eat at least 10 whole eggs a day and my levels are normal thank GOD

psychobabble

psychobabble

Awards
  • Established
oh wow never knew that .. and yah 7/day is alot bro .. esp after reading that 1yolk=133mg of chols.

also any ever ate a raw egg ?? my friend does it .. i jus couldnt .. but im sure its pretty healthy

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
oh wow never knew that .. and yah 7/day is alot bro .. esp after reading that 1yolk=133mg of chols.

also any ever ate a raw egg ?? my friend does it .. i jus couldnt .. but im sure its pretty healthy
I drank a raw egg once (it was 2) and it was the worst thing ever. The taste was bearable but the thickness of it in your throat is seriously god awful. Also I will never do it again just from a health standpoint of salmonella and other various things cooking does away with.

psychobabble

psychobabble

Awards
  • Established
I drank a raw egg once (it was 2) and it was the worst thing ever. The taste was bearable but the thickness of it in your throat is seriously god awful. Also I will never do it again just from a health standpoint of salmonella and other various things cooking does away with.
ha yah i could never do it as well .. jus the smell alone kills it .. id prolly throw up

u know the ingredients u intake of raw egg ?

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
haha, i tried doing a Rocky Balboa and almost vommed. Shotgunning raw eggs just doesn't go down well with me! I just launch them into my shakes in the mornings, so much better!

Neil5585

Neil5585

Awards
  • Established

I have yet to ever hear of someone getting sick from raw or undercooked eggs, yet I constantly hear of people getting sick from restaurants, fast food joints, and buffets, but most people don't think too much of going to those places to eat. The salmonella issue is a flat out non-issue for raw eggs.

Try blending up the raw eggs in a nice vanilla protein shake...it's actually good tasting then.

And for people that think that "it's a lot of whole eggs", meaning a lot of cholesterol, keep in mind that cholesterol is used to repair tissues, like cell membranes damaged through weight training, as well as forming new tissues and even being the main precursor to all kinds of hormones. We as lifters aren't the same as sedentary people.

Oh, and when you scramble eggs and oxidize all that cholesterol in them, that's WAY less healthier than a raw egg yolk.

Nitrox

Nitrox

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
The information in that article is called circumstantial evidence. Translates to: 'we don't have anything else newsworthy to write about so because this COULD be true but we have no idea we are going to hype it up and print it.'

Print a copy and put in the bird cage where it belongs.

klugman

klugman

Awards
  • Established
I am 35.
I eat 7 large egg whites per day plus two whole large eggs.
I got my bloodwork done last fall and my LDL was 112 ( should be <= 120), my HDL was 58 (should be >= 40).
Total Cholesterol was was 186 ( 112 - 200 mg/dl).

I told my doctor that I also eat about 5+ lbs. of red meat (93% lean) per week as well.

My doctor said "I wish more people had your numbers!"