Egg white preparations?

50gunner

50gunner

Awards
Looking for ideas on egg whites, looking at fat loss with muscle maintenance or building. Also, what are some thoughts, pros, cons on drinking egg whites as opposed to cooking them? (So long as they are pasteurized)

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I just microwave them.

dustter

dustter

Awards
just throw em on a skillet. 4 egg white omelet with cheese takes about 3 minutes on medium heat. throw some whole wheat toast on it too and make you an egg white omelet sandwhich. Other than that, they taste like crap

dixonk

dixonk

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I just microwave them.
Yuk.

I mix mine in my oats. 1/2 cup oats, 1 cup unsweetened almond milk, scoop of protein, 3 tbsp of egg whites. Microwave for 2 minutes and dig in. Almost 40g of protein and only 330 calories.

And if you are going to cook on the skillet I highly recommend using at least 1 whole egg to improve the flavor.

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yuk.

I mix mine in my oats. 1/2 cup oats, 1 cup unsweetened almond milk, scoop of protein, 3 tbsp of egg whites. Microwave for 2 minutes and dig in. Almost 40g of protein and only 330 calories.

And if you are going to cook on the skillet I highly recommend using at least 1 whole egg to improve the flavor.
I just add sriracha for flavor. No salt, no pepper.

50gunner

50gunner

Awards
So no one has just drank them straight out the carton? I think Ima give it a whirl and see what happens.

dixonk

dixonk

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
So no one has just drank them straight out the carton? I think Ima give it a whirl and see what happens.
That can't taste good. I don't even like looking at the stuff in the TBSP. Looks like jizz. I also thought that the bioavailability of egg protein isn't realized until it's cooked.

50gunner

50gunner

Awards
The egg whites I get don't have a scent really, and I've tasted them raw before, no real flavor (consistency could be a problem lol) but I wondered about the protein quality when cooked opposed to raw.

50gunner

50gunner

Awards
Ok, did some googlin', protein quality doesn't change cooked or raw, your body does however more easily digest cooked eggs so the amount of nutrients you utilize would be greater.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It has a souring-salty taste, IMO. Gag worthy.

If on the go I mix 1 scoop whey per cup of egg whites for drinking. Can't really tell its egg whites over another liquid. I may have tried 1s:2c, but don't remember how it tasted.

Otherwise if cooked, I like mine with bell peppers, tomatoes, onions, and type of hot sauce or hot ground pepper.

50gunner

50gunner

Awards
How many and for how long?
I have micowaved them before, it's messy and a pain to wash the container. But generally 1 1/2 cup for me usually takes 3-4 minutes (stopping and stirring)

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established