Ecdysterone? Thoughts?

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I picked some 20-hydroxyecdysone up the other day after sifting through some solid research claiming it improves strength, lbm, etc. Can anyone attest to these claims?

This is one of the few bits of research I came across
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/attachments/37507d1299094590-ecdymorph-ecdy-inc-mps.pdf

I look forward to what everyone has to say
Using ecdysterone in both Mass Pro Synthagen and IFN Most Wanted, I can say it definitely acts as an adaptogen that helps with recovery similar to Laxogenin. Great for higher frequency routines that hit body parts multiple times in short periods of time, especially for overreaching. It may help with many other things, but it's hard to say really. Lots of studies on ergo-log, and some old posts on here. Feel free to search for them if you have time. It's a controversial supplement though, so the only thing to really do is try it yourself and see how it effects your style of training and workouts.
Danes Mixelflick

mcc23

Awards
  • Established
Using ecdysterone in both Mass Pro Synthagen and IFN Most Wanted, I can say it definitely acts as an adaptogen that helps with recovery similar to Laxogenin. Great for higher frequency routines that hit body parts multiple times in short periods of time, especially for overreaching. It may help with many other things, but it's hard to say really. Lots of studies on ergo-log, and some old posts on here. Feel free to search for them if you have time.
Danes Mixelflick
Thanks for the input. It seems logical that the best time to take this would be on rest days and far away from the workout window.

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks for the input. It seems logical that the best time to take this would be on rest days and far away from the workout window.
Nope, it's best to dose every day regardless of when you are working out. It's one of those herbals that takes week(s) to start noticing benefits. Ecdysterone has to be dosed properly and sourced from RCE in order to get these benefits though.

mcc23

Awards
  • Established
Nope, it's best to dose every day regardless of when you are working out. It's one of those herbals that takes week(s) to start noticing benefits. Ecdysterone has to be dosed properly and sourced from RCE in order to get these benefits though.
The product I purchased claims to be 100% pure Ecdysterone extract. So is this a type of supplement that really shines when one is in a caloric/protein surplus, by essentially elevating the "ceiling" for the synthesis of new proteins?

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
The product I purchased claims to be 100% pure Ecdysterone extract. So is this a type of supplement that really shines when one is in a caloric/protein surplus?
Well, depending on how much you paid per amount, that can probably give you a clue as to how "good" it may be. 100% pure ecdysterone sounds like complete BS. But anyways, I think this shines in a caloric deficit, or recomp situation. I think if you're in a caloric surplus, your recovery will be already good, although I've seen people use these kinds of things in lean bulks as well using really high loading/frequency programs (ie: BluePrint)

The Whizard

The Whizard

Awards
  • Established
Would Strong Lifts be high enough frequency to see benefits?

YoungBodyBuil

Banned
Awards
I've used both most wanted and super rhanderol back to back, felt increased muscle fullness, wayyy better recovery to the point that i was working out 7 days a week, only thing is laxogenin tends to make it hard for me to sleep.

mcc23

Awards
  • Established
So is a surplus of protein beyond what we are accustomed to consuming what is required for this supplement to really exert its benefits?

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
So is a surplus of protein beyond what we are accustomed to consuming what is required for this supplement to really exert its benefits?
No. What you need is a different training stimulus, preferably of the overreaching kind. Ecdysterone and Laxogenin seem to be adaptogenic, not anabolic (at least in the current doses people use for cost efficiency). If you do not have to adapt to something, then an adaptogen is useless.

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Danes can tell u everything u need to know about it

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
He will likely repeat everything I've just said, except maybe point out that you're going to need to dose at least 400mg of good quality ecdysterone. Pretty cost inefficient, but it gets the job done.

mcc23

Awards
  • Established
I was about to mention the dosage as a few people have mentioned in other threads that the research that showed the gains in lbm were with a massive dose

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
No. What you need is a different training stimulus, preferably of the overreaching kind. Ecdysterone and Laxogenin seem to be adaptogenic, not anabolic (at least in the current doses people use for cost efficiency). If you do not have to adapt to something, then an adaptogen is useless.
Ecdysterone + HMB for Arnold style, high volume double-split training lol?

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I think that would be overkill. I would use either HMB or Ecdysterone solo.
I've found that HMB = HMB+HICA (no additional benefit from adding HICA), but they're pretty similar to each other. Maybe HMB before one workout and ecdysterone before the other for the day? I wasn't being completely serious at first, but now it is interesting.

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I've found that HMB = HMB+HICA (no additional benefit from adding HICA), but they're pretty similar to each other. Maybe HMB before one workout and ecdysterone before the other for the day? I wasn't being completely serious at first, but now it is interesting.
Workout timing is a debated subject with ecdysterones (as if it wasn't already controversial already). From me/Danes anecdote (we've discussed this a lot), pre/post workout timing doesn't matter, and I think Mixelflick only recommends his product (Synthagen) around the workout period because it also has EAAs. Splitting 400mg every 4 hours during the day seems to be the best way to dose it....or of course, whatever dose you can afford.

mbonheur

mbonheur

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I think that Hmb and Ecdysterone work pretty well.

I've tried a lot of Ecdysterone variants. RC extracts, Turkesterone and CV. Next thing I am gonna try is plain Maral root because I can get a kilo for about 40$. I have not received a clear answer in other threads, so I guess I have to find out what the good dose for plain RC (Maral or Leuzea) is. My 10:1 RCE worked decently at 4gms a day, but not better as cheap CV 95% ecdysterone extract at 1,5 or 4 caps of Tonvaras Turkesterone.

I really like it. I look so massive on this stuff and weights feel a lot lighter

mcc23

Awards
  • Established
Would Ecdy still be beneficial if one was doing a powerlifting prep routine, with higher volume across the main compounds? Or would it be better for a more hypertrophy/BB oriented program?

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Would Ecdy still be beneficial if one was doing a powerlifting prep routine, with higher volume across the main compounds? Or would it be better for a more hypertrophy/BB oriented program?
I've specifically used ecdysterone and laxogenin products (I say this because they are similar) doing Norwegian Style programs. Bench Pressing/Deadlifting/Squatting/Overhead Pressing 3x a week split into 6 days, with decent volume in the 75-85% (or 7.5/8.5 RPE) range and noticed good gains and excellent recovery.

But I am sure you can use it on programs like Layne Norton's PHAT, etc. (for bodybuilding purposes)