ECaY question.

D3x

D3x

Awards
  • Established
Recently I was researching into ArA and found that you are supposed to take it fasted to keep from mitigating it's effects, but taking it during a workout/immediately before a workout also works as well because epinephrine and norepinephrine are released and thats kinda stops insulin's activity.

Does this mean it would also be applicable to taking EC? Since the ephedrine causes the same chemicals to be released? If so, could one assume then, that the benefits would extend to taking EC with aY? since the insulin response would be mitigated by the ephedrine and allows the aY to work well still?

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Interested to see what others have to say about this...

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Interesting question. I am in for learning. I would hypothesize that ephedrine and exercise both reduce blood sugar and increase insulin sensitivity - just like fasting. I think the idea is to build ArA levels in the muscle, so you would want it shuttled in by insulin. If you have a bunch of other nutrients in your blood, the insulin will be busy shuttling those in too...

In other words, it isnt that you don't want insulin, I think insulin is good for this. And in that light, EC would increase insulin sensitivity as well.

I think. Not sure.

D3x

D3x

Awards
  • Established
Well this is less about ArA than it is about ECaY.. I hate skipping breakfast so I'm wondering if it's even necessary to be fasted if you are taking ECaY during the day because of the mechanism here.. I just found the exercise cancelling the insulin response thing in the ArA thread and the reasoning was due to epinephrine and norepinephrine release.. The info in the alpha burn threads repeatedly states you have to be fasted or the aY doesn't work.. I didn't find alot on the combo with ephedrine tho.. I may be off base but it merits wondering and I'm hoping the biochem gurus will chime in:)

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Well this is less about ArA than it is about ECaY.. I hate skipping breakfast so I'm wondering if it's even necessary to be fasted if you are taking ECaY during the day because of the mechanism here.. I just found the exercise cancelling the insulin response thing in the ArA thread and the reasoning was due to epinephrine and norepinephrine release.. The info in the alpha burn threads repeatedly states you have to be fasted or the aY doesn't work.. I didn't find alot on the combo with ephedrine tho.. I may be off base but it merits wondering and I'm hoping the biochem gurus will chime in:)
Well, I think the mechanism/reasoning for why you want to take then fasted is different...in one, unless I am mistaken and I could be because I haven't looked into it, you want insulin but you don't want competition for the insulin (ArA itself will cause insulin release I believe). In AY, the insulin will cause a cascade that interferes with AYs actions. So it is a bit of the opposite problem.

In real life, I take Alpha Burn all the time in non-fasted situations and it may not hit as hard but it still hits pretty hard and I don't waste time worrying about details. AY has a definite feel it gives me ...I am sensitive to y and hate it, AY is easier on me but I still feel it. This makes it easier for me to tell if it's doing its thing. If you are the same, just test it.