Dubai vacation tips

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Me and my fiancee are heading to Dubai at the end of November. Its our first big trip together and I cant wait. Ive never really been outside of Scandinavia (Im a Norwegian living in Sweden) and dont really know what to expect. I figured id post a thread and maybe get some good suggestions and answers.

We are going to stay at Miramar Al Aqah Beach Resort so its not in central Dubai but around 140km cross country from it.

• Sights: What should we make sure to see?
  • Food: Is there anything specific to Dubai? It soesnt seem like there are some special dishes one has to try.
  • Working out: Are there any gyms i should make sure to visit?
  • Supplements: Is there any restrictions as to what i can bring. Ideally i shouldnt bother with it. But I kinda want to bring a tub of Ergonine, Amino IV and Fearn Soy Granules.

FireTitan

FireTitan

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
themeMuscle I used to fly in and out of Dubai on my way to Iraq a lot. Its both beautiful and dangerous. Make sure you see the mall because its unlike any other, including having the worlds largest indoor ski slopes. I personally would not bring any supplements, depending on whos at customs, they will confiscate it and possibly detain you. You can find most of it in various stores anyway and then theyll leave you be. For Gods sake, dont spit on the sidewalk or street, you will be arrested. And watch the holding hands and kissing in public, they can and will arrest you for that as well. Do not drink outside any designated area, yep, arrested. Its a fun place, and too much to see. Im not going to list the buildings, but the architecture is amazing. Have fun and congrats

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
themeMuscle I used to fly in and out of Dubai on my way to Iraq a lot. Its both beautiful and dangerous. Make sure you see the mall because its unlike any other, including having the worlds largest indoor ski slopes. I personally would not bring any supplements, depending on whos at customs, they will confiscate it and possibly detain you. You can find most of it in various stores anyway and then theyll leave you be. For Gods sake, dont spit on the sidewalk or street, you will be arrested. And watch the holding hands and kissing in public, they can and will arrest you for that as well. Do not drink outside any designated area, yep, arrested. Its a fun place, and too much to see. Im not going to list the buildings, but the architecture is amazing. Have fun and congrats
Thanks brother, i will definitely not bring any supps then. Ill survive a week without it, the hotel is all inclusive so ill just have to eat more :D

Yeah the showing affection thing is strict, thats going to be a bit rough. But as i understand you are pretty much free to do that within the componds of the resort. So we will just have to make an effort about keeping it behind locked doors. Im not a spitter so that wont be a problem hehe.

I googled the mall and holy ****, it looks crazy!

FireTitan

FireTitan

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks brother, i will definitely not bring any supps then. Ill survive a week without it, the hotel is all inclusive so ill just have to eat more :D

Yeah the showing affection thing is strict, thats going to be a bit rough. But as i understand you are pretty much free to do that within the componds of the resort. So we will just have to make an effort about keeping it behind locked doors. Im not a spitter so that wont be a problem hehe.

I googled the mall and holy ****, it looks crazy!
The mall is indeed amazing. I will also warn you of one other thing...EYE CANDY!! There are Russian Blondes in a lot of the areas, and they are fricken straight 10s. Several Asian hotties as well. Just an FYI so youre not in shock and get busted by the fiancé. Also, a good majority of those women, are indeed for sale after hours.
As far as the spitting goes, you may not be in the habit, but are you used to ridiculous heat and minuscule particles of sand being in the air at al times? Youll end up wanting to spit

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
The mall is indeed amazing. I will also warn you of one other thing...EYE CANDY!! There are Russian Blondes in a lot of the areas, and they are fricken straight 10s. Several Asian hotties as well. Just an FYI so youre not in shock and get busted by the fiancé. Also, a good majority of those women, are indeed for sale after hours.
As far as the spitting goes, you may not be in the habit, but are you used to ridiculous heat and minuscule particles of sand being in the air at al times? Youll end up wanting to spit
Haha thanks for the heads up, but when it comes to eyes wandering that wont be a problem. But its good to know so I can be prepeared.

Good point on the heat and sand, there isnt much of that up here in Sweden! Ill make sure to always have a water bottle with me and drink instead of spit!

FireTitan

FireTitan

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Haha thanks for the heads up, but when it comes to eyes wandering that wont be a problem. But its good to know so I can be prepeared.

Good point on the heat and sand, there isnt much of that up here in Sweden! Ill make sure to always have a water bottle with me and drink instead of spit!
Absolutely on the water! I spent 2 years in Iraq and Dubai is the only place Ive ever been that the air literally takes your breath away when you step off of the plane. Within 10 minutes youll look like youve ran 10 miles

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Absolutely on the water! I spent 2 years in Iraq and Dubai is the only place Ive ever been that the air literally takes your breath away when you step off of the plane. Within 10 minutes youll look like youve ran 10 miles
Damn, i sweat in normal weather up here so ill better be careful down there! My girl will love it though, she is cold when sitting in the sun mid summer.

FireTitan

FireTitan

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Damn, i sweat in normal weather up here so ill better be careful down there! My girl will love it though, she is cold when sitting in the sun mid summer.
Then yes, she's going to love it. Youre going to have a great trip. PM me when you get back, curious as to what you thought

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Then yes, she's going to love it. Youre going to have a great trip. PM me when you get back, curious as to what you thought
Ill definitely do that man. Still got a month to go so im working hard to stay in my current shape so that i can eat all the food when im down there :D

tsmog

tsmog

Awards
I've been to Dubai many times when I was in the Navy. Some cool places to go and see are:

*The Burj Khalif
*Atlantis water park
*Dubai Mall
*Sky Dive Dubai

Good restaurants/Bars:
*Ken Pai
*The Irish Village
*Anything by the mall really

Try and sign up for the Big Bus tour if you get a chance bro, it takes you sightseeing all over Dubai. Definitely a must if you want a good experience. As far as supplements go they sell many different supps you would typically see at a nutrition store. But I wouldn't recommend packing much, airport security is strict over there. Also, I didn't see any gyms when I was there. Might want to ask around.

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I've been to Dubai many times when I was in the Navy. Some cool places to go and see are:

*The Burj Khalif
*Atlantis water park
*Dubai Mall
*Sky Dive Dubai

Good restaurants/Bars:
*Ken Pai
*The Irish Village
*Anything by the mall really

Try and sign up for the Big Bus tour if you get a chance bro, it takes you sightseeing all over Dubai. Definitely a must if you want a good experience. As far as supplements go they sell many different supps you would typically see at a nutrition store. But I wouldn't recommend packing much, airport security is strict over there. Also, I didn't see any gyms when I was there. Might want to ask around.
Thanks bro, Big Bus Tour is a great suggestion I'll make sure to check that out. I'm guessing there will be some information about that kinda stuff at our resort but I'll come prepared.

Seems like the consensus is in on not bringing any supplements!