DSIP Thread

fueledpassion

fueledpassion

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm about 4 or 5 weeks out from finishing up my cycle. I plan on running an assortment of items in PCT to help retain and increase gains as well. The list:

1) Clomid
2) Exemestane
3) Toco-8
4) DAA
5) Ipamorelin
6) IGF-1 LR3
7) CJC-1295 (DAC)

and the last item of special interest...

8) DSIP

Two things we'll learn in this 6 week PCT:

1) Comprehensive Male hormone panel results @ week 3 or so of PCT

2) My review of DSIP and whether I believe it contributed to a successful PCT.

Here is some info on DSIP for starters...I have not figured out how much to dose it at yet but I will figure that out soon enough.

DSIP (Delta Sleep-inducing Peptide) is a neuropeptide found in the hypothalamus, pituitary, and adrenal glands. Its isolation has allowed for extensive research which has found several possible primary and peripheral roles of this peptide. First, DSIP has been shown to induce sleep [1]. Second, it has been used successfully to treat opiate and alcohol withdrawal [2]. Third, it has been shown to work as an analgesic in treatment of chronic pain, sometimes as an adjunct treatment [3]. Fourth, DSIP has been shown to block ACTH release and decrease levels of ACTH, stimulate LH release, and act as an inhibitor of the secretion of somatostatin [4]. The source of production of DSIP is yet unknown; it may be produced in the central nervous system or in a peripheral organ. It is thought to pass through the blood-brain barrier (BBB) more easily than most known neuropeptides. As mentioned, DSIP has shown positive results in inducing slow-wave EEG (sleep). It has been shown to help treat narcolepsy and restore disturbed sleep patterns to normal sleep rhythms. [5]

DSIP Amino Acid Sequence: Trp-Ala-Gly-Gly-Asp-Ala-Ser-Gly-Glu

DSIP, 5mgs

Sources:

1 - Anders Bjartella; Rolf Ekmanb; Frank Sundlerc; Erik Widerlvd. Delta sleep-inducing peptide (DSIP): An overview of central actions and possible relationship to psychiatric illnesses. Nord J Psy, 42:2;111-117. 1988.
2 - Schoenenberger GA. Characterization, properties and multivariate functions of Delta-Sleep Inducing Peptide (DSIP). European Neurology 23: 321–345. 1984.
3 - Soyka M and Rothenhaeusler H. Delta Sleep-Inducing Peptide Opioid Detoxification. Am. J. Psychiat. 154: 714–715. 1997
4 - McCann SM. Delta sleep inducing peptide (DSIP) stimulates the release of LH but not FSH via a hypothalamic site of action in the rat. Brain Research Bulletin 15: 535–538. 1987
5 - Schneider-Helmert D and Schoenenberger GA. The influence of synthetic DSIP (delta-sleep-inducing-peptide) on disturbed human sleep. Cellular and Molecular Life Sciences 37: 913–917. 1981

So basically, this stuff 1) Induces sleep 2) Is a chronic pain reliever, 3) helps kick various addictions and withdrawals, 4) blocks the hormone responsible for cortisol increases, 5) stimulates LH, and 6) blocks the hormone that inhibits GH release.

It just might be too good to be true...

Mafesto31

Awards
I've read several reviews that dsip doesn't work as expected. Most used dsip for sleep and noticed little improvement at best.

fueledpassion

fueledpassion

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I've read several reviews that dsip doesn't work as expected. Most used dsip for sleep and noticed little improvement at best.
Perhaps this could be true but something I am taking into consideration is that the majority of bought and used peptides are fake or diluted at best. Plus, similar things were said about Triptorelin and yet it did something by way of restoring my HPTA function even with a crappy efficacy. I have hope.

Plus, the product is not really expensive so I'm not gonna be out too much to begin with. I'm more interested in the 4th, 5th & 6th points of interest anyways. And finally if all else fails u guys get to see how well the synergy of the other items work together during PCT with the bloods to back it up!

Mafesto31

Awards
Hopefully it goes well for you. I'm still interested in a peptide for sleep. Ipamorelin even keeps me up.

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I see the future of performance enhancement with people like yourself taking some of the credit for trying to pioneer a no-crash pct and simple, easy recovery. Imagine gaining 20 lbs lbm and keeping 20! It's like dropping $600 for a cycle and getting all $600 worth. Most of us wouldn't just burn a $100 bill or two but thats what we do with a half-a$$ed post cycle. So go for it, I am interested in the results.

fueledpassion

fueledpassion

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Oh and the cjc sould be no dac.
Yeah, I realize the no dac version is the faster-acting peptide that is designed to take in conjunction with Ipa or GHRP-2 but I went with the dac version because of it's simplicity to use. I'll take it once a day with the Ipa at night. The point is to avoid GH suppression since I'll be on IGF-1. In addition, the CJC Dac form is apprarently a more bioavailable version that gets put to better use in the body. I believe thats why it costs more, too. I'll give it a shot.

Matthersby - you are correct. I believe you have caught on to my venture of peptides and unconventional PCT ancillaries. Hopefully w/ few years from now things wont be a guessing game and that people will actually have PCT down to a more exact science that generates more impressive results. I'd call PCT an insurance policy for not only my safety but also my previous investments.

fueledpassion

fueledpassion

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hopefully it goes well for you. I'm still interested in a peptide for sleep. Ipamorelin even keeps me up.
Well there are already other options. I'd recommend 250mcg of Keto at night. At that dose, it helps sleep but doesn't leave you groggy the next day. Anything higher than .5mg and you start having long-lasting effects.

oogaly_boogal

oogaly_boogal

Awards
  • Established
in for this, have been wanting to try DSIP for years

Mafesto31

Awards
Well there are already other options. I'd recommend 250mcg of Keto at night. At that dose, it helps sleep but doesn't leave you groggy the next day. Anything higher than .5mg and you start having long-lasting effects.
I'll check it out.

fueledpassion

fueledpassion

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Also, from DatBTrue.."Otherwise dosing the 30 minute analog every 3 hours will maximize GH output OR you could just use an analog such as CJC-1295 which lasts for many days and will trigger several GH pulses a day for several days on a single dose."

This is why I purchased CJC-1295 instead of the "no dac" version. 1295 has a long half life so I can take larger amounts fewer times per week and get same results as taking no dac 3 times per day.

However, I might be running into problems since I won't be allowing my Somatostatin to build up GH to be released. I haven't figured out how to take this stuff yet but I will most likely do a shorter-acting GHRH during PCT and just run 1295 DAC during the rest of the year, 3 times per week.