Drug to knock down Parasympathetic nervous system?

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I know that if you 'knock down' (reduce) your parasympathetic nervous system, your fight or flight response kicks in, which in theory would be amazing to have in the gym to smash some weights. Obviously there are sides tho so I was wondering if there was a drug with some valid lab tests that have been run on it because I'm super curious to see what would happen if this was used in the gym.

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Idk about para but try theanine to promote gaba and inhibit glutamate. And stimulate the alpha waves.

kelso312

kelso312

Awards
  • Established
A lot of athletes and powerlifters use smelling salts. It comes in a little pouch you crack it and them hold it up to your nose and smell the odor. You feel a slight rush of alertness. Not sure about lab results. And it would be pretty silly to do it before every lift. But it would do what you are asking.

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I was thinking about something like pre workout that kicked your flight or fight response for a little then it just faded away. Probably not great in the long run but I think it would be cool if there was something with some research backing up.

mmorso

mmorso

Awards
  • Established
Bro, have your spotter b1tch slap the sh1t outta ya before each lift. Seriously.

Brandinooooo

Brandinooooo

Awards
  • Established
Bro, have your spotter b1tch slap the sh1t outta ya before each lift. Seriously.
My reply was gonna be something like that lmao. I'll come work out with you and scare the shtt out of you every time you go to start a set lol.

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
My reply was gonna be something like that lmao. I'll come work out with you and scare the shtt out of you every time you go to start a set lol.
I'm more so interested in the studies and how the body would react to a drug like that. How much extra weight could be moved by inhibiting something major like the pns.

mmorso

mmorso

Awards
  • Established
Lol. Scaring fckers!!! The image of that in my head is hilarious.

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I'll take you up on that offer to lift together tho.

mmorso

mmorso

Awards
  • Established
Clen... Did ya watch the rio olympics? The Chinese were slapping the sh1t outta each other. Not kidding. I think it's common. If ya want drugs get some phencyclidine

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Clen... Did ya watch the rio olympics? The Chinese were slapping the sh1t outta each other. Not kidding. I think it's common. If ya want drugs get some phencyclidine
I actually didn't, no tv in my college room sadly. I think it would be easier to measure the effects when given X amount of Y drug which is what I'm particularly interested in. I don't have an issue working out but I just want to know how the body reacts and if there was a drug already out there with published studies I could read.

Brandinooooo

Brandinooooo

Awards
  • Established
I actually didn't, no tv in my college room sadly. I think it would be easier to measure the effects when given X amount of Y drug which is what I'm particularly interested in. I don't have an issue working out but I just want to know how the body reacts and if there was a drug already out there with published studies I could read.
If your talking substance wise, honestly cocaine. Puts you in an instant adrenaline rush for a 10 or so minutes. That's the only thing I could think of.

Intense short acting stimulants.

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
If your talking substance wise, honestly cocaine. Puts you in an instant adrenaline rush for a 10 or so minutes. That's the only thing I could think of.

Intense short acting stimulants.
I was thinking the same actually but I heard it can make you not want to do anything as well

I know there's nose torque but if you could inhibit the PNS and get that antsy nervous feeling like you would before a presentation or a interview, I wonder what that would be like in the gym.

mmorso

mmorso

Awards
  • Established
bradinooooo: we should open a gym based on a "new" training method that includes smoking rocks, b1tch slapping, & scarring our clients.

Brandinooooo

Brandinooooo

Awards
  • Established
I was thinking the same actually but I heard it can make you not want to do anything as well
Yeah, the comedown from coke is like that. Whenever I did it, I had something to come down onto. Like bud or xanax or alcohol. I never worked out with it, but it would probably be something along the line of other stimulants. Like you won't really notice the comedown.

bradinooooo: we should open a gym based on a "new" training method that includes smoking rocks, b1tch slapping, & scarring our clients.
I Lol'd so hard.

Motto could be "Smoke Rox While Lifting Rocks"

mmorso

mmorso

Awards
  • Established
We can hire a guy to wear a scream costume and hide in the closet and pop out and scar people when they walk buy... I'd venture to say that this employee could get paid in rocks too.

Brandinooooo

Brandinooooo

Awards
  • Established
We can hire a guy to wear a scream costume and hide in the closet and pop out and scar people when they walk buy... I'd venture to say that this employee could get paid in rocks too.
Lmao. Keep him up for days.

2kvette

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Simple, anticholinergics and 5-HTP receptor antagonists. You won't **** for a week, and good luck digesting that protein shake afterwards.

mmorso

mmorso

Awards
  • Established
Simple, anticholinergics and 5-HTP receptor antagonists. You won't **** for a week, and good luck digesting that protein shake afterwards.
Constipation is nothing that some good cocaine and a healthy "scare" can't cure my friend.

2kvette

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yea ever go under general anesthesia? When you wake up you have to urinate within a few hours or else they have catheterize you. That's because of anticholinergics they give you. Things like nerve gas and a lot of chemical weapons are anticholinergics. Give someone enough of them, they paralyze every muscle in your body, including the diaphragm, which is how nerve gasses work.

Brandinooooo

Brandinooooo

Awards
  • Established
Yea ever go under general anesthesia? When you wake up you have to urinate within a few hours or else they have catheterize you. That's because of anticholinergics they give you. Things like nerve gas and a lot of chemical weapons are anticholinergics. Give someone enough of them, they paralyze every muscle in your body, including the diaphragm, which is how nerve gasses work.
Yeah I have and I know what they are. But they could be deadly if you accidentally use the wrong one. ie; neuromuscular blocker, acetylcholine syndrome.

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Honestly really happy with where this thread went. Gotten some good laughs out of it.

aplopez008

aplopez008

Awards
1mg of atropine
Jk
Parasympathetic and sympathetic or always counter acting one another
Any stimulant will do the job, but tolerance goes up quickly like caffeine, amphetamines, or yes cocaine
If you can get your hands on adderal that = a fun time in the gym

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I know that if you 'knock down' (reduce) your parasympathetic nervous system, your fight or flight response kicks in, which in theory would be amazing to have in the gym to smash some weights. Obviously there are sides tho so I was wondering if there was a drug with some valid lab tests that have been run on it because I'm super curious to see what would happen if this was used in the gym.
When the fight- or flight response kicks in, you usually get a panic attack.
May be good for cardio, if you are strapped on a treadmill...

2kvette

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
1mg of atropine
Jk
Parasympathetic and sympathetic or always counter acting one another
Any stimulant will do the job, but tolerance goes up quickly like caffeine, amphetamines, or yes cocaine
If you can get your hands on adderal that = a fun time in the gym
I'm prescribed 50mg a day and it kills the pimps sometimes. So on certain days I don't take it.

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
That's something new, didn't know it killed your pump. Any reason why?

2kvette

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
That's something new, didn't know it killed your pump. Any reason why?
Yea it's pretty simple. Amphetamines are indirect adrenergic agonists. So they cause increased release of epinephrine and norepinephrine, epinephrine binds alpha receptors which cause vasoconstriction. Norepinephrine binds beta receptors which cause vasodilation. The ratio of epinephrine to norepinephrine released by amphetamines differs from person to person, its not a 50/50 ratio. In some people like me, there is more epinephrine release, which means more alpha receptor binding, which means increased vasoconstriction, which means decreased pump.

And thats why.

Brandinooooo

Brandinooooo

Awards
  • Established
Yea it's pretty simple. Amphetamines are indirect adrenergic agonists. So they cause increased release of epinephrine and norepinephrine, epinephrine binds alpha receptors which cause vasoconstriction. Norepinephrine binds beta receptors which cause vasodilation. The ratio of epinephrine to norepinephrine released by amphetamines differs from person to person, its not a 50/50 ratio. In some people like me, there is more epinephrine release, which means more alpha receptor binding, which means increased vasoconstriction, which means decreased pump.

And thats why.
Same reason DMAA isn't with nitrates in PWO's.

mmorso

mmorso

Awards
  • Established
Oh yeah I've taken a bunch of diff NO pres.. I just ran out of GAT Nitroflex a month ago, which I liked. Too fckn expensive though. No I just use cheap C4 from Walmart and dbol