Drug interactions and Superdrol

chronic666

Awards
My situation is that I have a sleeping problem which is compounded with panic disorder. Currently I am taking a drug called Clonazepam to help with this problem. However, I'm thinking about running a SD cycle and I have been reading that this drug (along with others that I have taken ie. ambien, trazadone, lunesta, etc.) are metabolized in the liver and have warnings that they themselves may cause liver damage. Therefore, since SD is also taxing on the liver I am thinking that taking SD along with these medications may be too dangerous. I'm definitly not going to be taking any SD until I'm sure it is safe to do so. But, if anybody can help me out with this it would be greatly appreciated.

Also, I asked my doctor about this and the response I got was "do not take steroids." she said it may be dangerous to take them together but she didn't really sound like she knew what she was saying... I think she was just trying to get me to not take any type of steroid.

Edit: If it would not be wise to use SD along with the listed drugs, would there be a better choice of oral steroid? Or would an injectable be the only alternative?

chaz92398

Awards
That's the generic for Klonopin. I have the same med and I took (.5 - .75mg) it while on SD. My liver values were fine but my cholesterol turned to crap. I don't think that had anything to do with the Clonazepam.

I find it 100x better for getting to sleep than ambien 5mg. I've yet to try 10mg.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
My situation is that I have a sleeping problem which is compounded with panic disorder.
I have the same problems and Superdrol really made it worse. I just dealt with it, but it really fucked me up. I will never use Superdrol again. Problem is I stocked up on it. Really sucks, but its my fault for stocking up.

StallionRx

Awards
Id hold off on the superdrol for now. How well are your panic attacks managed by the clonazepam? What strength are you currently on? I believe it comes in .25, .5, 1 and 2 mg. Your liver is certainly an important physiological component to be concearned about, but I would be just as concearned about your psycholgical well being. When you come off the SD your test levels are going to be quite low. You may enter into a pretty harsh state of depression and this could be magnified by your panic disorder.

If you do go ahead and do it- Id suggest keeping your cycle small as to not enter into full shutdown.

Good luck.

chronic666

Awards
Id hold off on the superdrol for now. How well are your panic attacks managed by the clonazepam? What strength are you currently on? I believe it comes in .25, .5, 1 and 2 mg. Your liver is certainly an important physiological component to be concearned about, but I would be just as concearned about your psycholgical well being. When you come off the SD your test levels are going to be quite low. You may enter into a pretty harsh state of depression and this could be magnified by your panic disorder.

If you do go ahead and do it- Id suggest keeping your cycle small as to not enter into full shutdown.

Good luck.
Right now I take .5 every night and occasionally .75-1.0. The panic attacks are managed very well by the clonazepam. If I did a cycle I was planning on a 3 week cycle of 10/20/20 which I was hoping would yield minimal side effects including less shutdown.

papa G

Awards
In my own personal experience I seem to have higher anxiety/panic attacks after a cycle is over. My first experience was after a M4Ohn and 4AD cycle. It was wierd because I had previous PH/PS cycles under my belt. I then was prescribed clonazepam and my panic symptoms vanished. I later cycled superdrol and 4AD while taking clonazepam and noticed no side effects. I tried to keep my dosages of clon as low as possible to avoid dependance. At times I didn't even take it for a few days while on cycle and everything was fine. After my Sdrol cycle was over I started experiencing anxiety/panic symptoms again. I then upped my dose and my symptoms went away.
I believe clonazepam is even more effective than xanax for anxiety. In my opinion you should be fine if you don't go overboard with the Sdrol dosage and use clonazepam on an as needed basis. For me, if I take .5 of clonazepam in the morning it controls my anxiety for most of the day. As long as you don't drink while on cycle and take proper liver supps you should be ok in my opinion. Try throwing in some SAMe and Rhodiola rosea during pct to help with post cycle depression. I have found that clonazepam alone relieves anxiety very well but can leave you very tired and slightly depressed. The SAMe and rhodiola seems to help with this. I am by no means an expert, just giving my personal experiece. By the way does anyone else experience anxiety/panic during pct. I know depression and anxiety can come together but most people only speak of the depresssion during pct. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

gaberox

Awards
How does clonazepam effect gains in the gym.Do you guys know if it has

any effect of test levels or muscle gains.My gf has a perscription and every
once in a great while I take one.

StallionRx

Awards
Clonazepam for muscle gains? I really doubt youd see any muscle gains, increases in strength or testosterone from using Clonazepam, actually I'm about 100% sure you would NOT. Some of my patients have reported a mild weakness and a definite lethargic state.

Clonazepam is a benzodiazepine and it exerts its effects through gaba potentiation. Gaba (gamma amino butyric acid) is actually an inhibitory neurotransmitter. Thats why its given to people who suffer from anxiety/panic attacks/seizures etc. In many of these psychological disorders the receptors are being bombarded with irregular electrical signals,super sensitization or an irregular increase in a certain neurotransmitter. Gaba is used to occupy these receptor sites and tells the body to basically chill out and relax.

Chilling out and relaxing should be the last thing on your mind when your doing heavy lifts.

chronic666

Awards
Clonazepam for muscle gains? I really doubt youd see any muscle gains, increases in strength or testosterone from using Clonazepam, actually I'm about 100% sure you would NOT. Some of my patients have reported a mild weakness and a definite lethargic state.

Chilling out and relaxing should be the last thing on your mind when your doing heavy lifts.
Exactly. Clonazepam leaves me horribly hung over the next day. If anything the clonazepam has hindered my gains. After a while you kinda get used to the lethargic feeling it gives you and you can work through that. However, I would DEFINITLY NOT take clonazepam and expect it to help you out with weightlifting. In fact I would expect the opposite. If you really need it that's another story. I think having panic attacks on a regular basis (for me almost every night) is worse than the lethargic and tired feeling I get from the clonazepam.

On another note, I have decided to hold off on the SD for a little while and see if I can take it when I have my panic disorder and sleep trouble in order. In the mean time I'll just do some more research and be that much more prepared for what I will be doing. Thanks for all the help guys!

gaberox

Awards
I guess I worded my question wrong.What I was wondering is how much of a negative effect it has on muscle growth outside the gym.Ha ha I dont think anyone would think of it as somthing to aid in muscle strength or test.Basically I was wondering how much I may be hindering my gains by taking one every now and then.I was also wondering if it had a negative effect on nutrient partitioning.

rhinochaser48

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Benzodiazepine's increase testosterone production significantly. PA wrote an article about it recently in Mind and Muscle.

They will sap your nervous system output though. You will not be 100% in the gym. That will hurt progress and/or muscle retention.

gaberox

Awards
Thanx for the reply.Im going to have to check out the article.

StallionRx

Awards
Benzodiazepine's increase testosterone production significantly. PA wrote an article about it recently in Mind and Muscle.

They will sap your nervous system output though. You will not be 100% in the gym. That will hurt progress and/or muscle retention.
Hmmmmmm- thats pretty interesting.

Here is an article discussing benzos and sex drive and suggest that benzos in certain doses may significantly decrease test production. There are also a few scientific journals that are very in-depth that discuss these drugs and their effects on the endodrine system. You could probabley google a few pretty easily.

http://healthgate.partners.org/browsing/browseContent.asp?fileName=14572.xml&title=SexRx:%20benzodiazepines%20and%20your%20sex%20life

The body is a pretty complex organism and everyone is different. Maybe in low doses you may experience a spike in test or something of this nature. (wild guess) However, in common doses that many physicians prescribe and the way that people take these drugs I really cant see these drugs being benefical in the gym. Many people complain of being quite lethargic and report a signficant amount of sexual dysfunction. If youve ever talked to anyone thats been on xanax,ativan,klonopin etc, youd realize that many complain of a severe loss of libido. I couldnt see how if test production was raging these people would be experiencing these side effects so harshly.

The mind and muscle article sounds interesting and id definetly like to read it- do you know what issue it is in?

StallionRx

Awards
On another note, I have decided to hold off on the SD for a little while and see if I can take it when I have my panic disorder and sleep trouble in order. In the mean time I'll just do some more research and be that much more prepared for what I will be doing. Thanks for all the help guys!
Good idea bro- Youve got plenty of time to hit up a cycle in the future.

Also- I found the article at mind and body. Definetly a cool read, the study was a little sketchy being in fact it was about 30 years old and even mind and body thought that supplementing benzos for muscle gains was a no go. I wish it went into depth a little more about the test levels/dosages and the size of the study as it didnt expain much at all, but oh well.

Peace out.

MatthewMirra

Awards
In my own personal experience I seem to have higher anxiety/panic attacks after a cycle is over. My first experience was after a M4Ohn and 4AD cycle. It was wierd because I had previous PH/PS cycles under my belt. I then was prescribed clonazepam and my panic symptoms vanished. I later cycled superdrol and 4AD while taking clonazepam and noticed no side effects. I tried to keep my dosages of clon as low as possible to avoid dependance. At times I didn't even take it for a few days while on cycle and everything was fine. After my Sdrol cycle was over I started experiencing anxiety/panic symptoms again. I then upped my dose and my symptoms went away.
I believe clonazepam is even more effective than xanax for anxiety. In my opinion you should be fine if you don't go overboard with the Sdrol dosage and use clonazepam on an as needed basis. For me, if I take .5 of clonazepam in the morning it controls my anxiety for most of the day. As long as you don't drink while on cycle and take proper liver supps you should be ok in my opinion. Try throwing in some SAMe and Rhodiola rosea during pct to help with post cycle depression. I have found that clonazepam alone relieves anxiety very well but can leave you very tired and slightly depressed. The SAMe and rhodiola seems to help with this. I am by no means an expert, just giving my personal experiece. By the way does anyone else experience anxiety/panic during pct. I know depression and anxiety can come together but most people only speak of the depresssion during pct. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

MatthewMirra

Awards
This is very old but I have SD now and I’ll tell you I had major panic attacks that lead to the ER Bc I thought I was going to die of heart attack or stroke. I h e never experienced them bf. So I took SD again and they went away and now I’m afraid to stop taking it again… maybe GABA will help me!? Thank you this write up of yours

johnny412

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
This is very old but I have SD now and I’ll tell you I had major panic attacks that lead to the ER Bc I thought I was going to die of heart attack or stroke. I h e never experienced them bf. So I took SD again and they went away and now I’m afraid to stop taking it again… maybe GABA will help me!? Thank you this write up of yours
could this be the oldest bump ever?