Dropping a log - cut then slow bulk

Carcaya

Carcaya

Awards
  • Established
Hey gents,

I am using this log to keep myself on track and put my plans into hard copy. I hope to improve my overall bodyfat percentage and get a bit stronger and bigger come summer. Any comments or suggestions are welcome. I probably won't get to log entries everyday, but I will try to update as often as possible. Log from (3/21/11 - the first week of July or so)

Initial Stats:
6'2" 217 pounds. Have slowly decreased calories for the last two months - Dropping from 225 down to 217.

The Plan:
2 phases - the first 5 weeks are cut, the next 10 weeks are slow bulk.

Phase 1:

Nutrition -
Diet 1
Meal 1
4 egg whites, 2 whole eggs, 2 slices double fiber wheat bread, 1 tbsp smart balance butter
Meal 2 Preworkout
1 ounce raisins, 1 orange
Meal 3 Postworkout
2 scoops myofusion, 20g dextrose, 16 ounces skim milk
Meal 4
5 ounces tuna, 1 slice wheat bread, 1 banana, 1 ounce peanuts
Meal 5
5 ounces tuna, 2 ounces wheat pasta, 1 tbsp smart balance
Meal 6
5 ounces chicken, 1/2 cup brown rice, 1 tbsp smart balance, 1 cup green beans
Meal 7
1 1/2 scoops casein protein, 1/2 cup oatmeal

Calories 2,990 Protein 268g, Carbs 312g, fat 74g

Diet 2
Meal 1
4 egg whites, 2 whole eggs, 2 slices double fiber wheat bread, 1 tbsp smart balance butter
Meal 2 Preworkout
1 ounce raisins, 1 orange
Meal 3 Postworkout
2 scoops myofusion, 16 ounces skim milk
Meal 4
5 ounces tuna, 1 slice wheat bread, 1 ounce peanuts
Meal 5
5 ounces tuna, 1 ounce wheat pasta, 1 tbsp smart balance
Meal 6
5 ounces chicken, 1/2 cup brown rice, 1 tbsp smart balance, 1 cup green beans
Meal 7
1 1/2 scoop casein, 1 stalk of celery

Calories 2,563 Protein 257g, carbs 219g, fat 71g

Diet 3
Meal 1
4 egg whites, 2 whole eggs, 1 cup strawberry halves, 2 tbsp smart balance butter
Meal 2 preworkout
1 scoop myofusion, 1 orange
Meal 3 postworkout
2 1/2 scoops myofusion, 1/2 tbsp olive oil
Meal 4
10 ounces chicken, 1/4 avocado, 1 tbsp smart balance, 1 cup green beans
Meal 5
5 ounces tuna, 1 cup spinach, 1 tbsp smart balance, 1/4 avocado
Meal 6
5 ounces tuna, 1 cup green beans, 1 1/2 ounce peanuts
Meal 7
1 1/2 casein protein, 1 stalk celery, 1 tbsp olive oil

Calories 2780 Protein 304g, Carbohydrates 101g, Fats 124g

During phase 1, I am going to diet as follows
week 1-2: Diet 1
week 3-5: Monday 1, Tuesday 1, Wednesday 2, Thursday 3, Friday 3, Saturday 3, Sunday 2

Supplements -
ECA 20-40mg/200-400mg/81mg dosed twice daily
Plasmajet 1 blister upon waking mon-thurs
L tyrosine - 2 caps daily
Multi, 3 Fish oil, gaba 3 caps before bed

Training -
Split Legs, back/bis, chest/tris, shoulders, Legs, rest, rest *possibly change this up
cardio 30 mins postworkout low-medium intensity, *additional 30 mins in evening if i feel up to it

Plan on sleeping 8+ hours a night

Phase 2:

nutrition -
probably 3500 calories week 1 then going 4000-4500 calories the remaining time
macronutrients at 40/35/25 - 40/30/30

supplements -
ostarine 12.5mg daily first 8 weeks
low dose AI
little bit of clom upon cessation of osta
DAA after ostarine

Training -
Lift heavy!!!!! get some new PR's
cardio 20-30 mins everyday, skip on days when i don't feel like it

Carcaya

Carcaya

Awards
  • Established
results of log

So here is about where I cut down to as of Saturday the 16th of April.

Attachments

Carcaya

Carcaya

Awards
  • Established
Day 1 - Trained back and biceps and did the 30 mins of cardio. Back was phenomenal, felt very vigorous and pounded out some rows and deads. My body had a bit of trouble adjusting to the diet had a headache around 5pm even though i guzzled water down.

question - do you think its a decent idea to have gaba while supplementing with eca?

Carcaya

Carcaya

Awards
  • Established
Day 2
Diet 1 perfect, trained legs with emphasis on hamstrings. Really punched it but felt a little weaker with my quads. I enjoyed the 30 mins of cardio. I had been doing some high intensity intervals with my cardio prior to this diet, it seems like low intensity cardio is very easy now.

Carcaya

Carcaya

Awards
  • Established
Day 3 - upped my eca dose to the top end 20mg e/ 200mg c upon waking and post workout. Had a great chest and triceps workout. I really think the plasma jet is an excellent addition to any cut. I definitely feel better about how pumped i get in my workouts even despite the calorie deficiency. I decided to slap a little eviscerate on as well. Burning like a mother. Enjoying the results so far.

Carcaya

Carcaya

Awards
  • Established
Day 4 -
weight 211. Shoulders day. I felt like I just kind of went through the motions with my lifting session today. Definitely looking leaner. Diet was hard to keep today as there were many temptations thrown my way. Effin' girls and their cheesy enchiladas, y u no be cooking when i am on a bulk!? Whatever, staying strict on my diet. Got three sup packages in the mail just barely. I think I did a little dance when I saw 'em. I got to sport my nutraplanet hat around today and was totally looking like a bamf. Just took my night time dose of sups, so i got to hit the sack. Peace!

Carcaya

Carcaya

Awards
  • Established
Day 6 - hit some squats and did some ansellary lifts. I felt super depleted this day. I felt like I was overtraining and pretty much am in need of rest.

Day 7 - rest day. weight somewhere around 210

Carcaya

Carcaya

Awards
  • Established
Day 8 - Started this week off with chest and tri's. I had a pretty nice workout except that I felt like my strength is starting to suffer just a bit. I think i am a bit too low with the fat grams and cals to readily make any strength gains. I feel great today. Last night, I went to bed early and slept a good 10 hours haha. I am following my diet spot on and have seen decent results so far. Weighed in at the gym 208.5 upon workout finish. I decided to pick up a tanning pass. Hopefully, this will help a bit with skin tightening. Feeling excited for the upswing portion of the diet in a month.

Carcaya

Carcaya

Awards
  • Established
Day 9 -
Trained legs effin hard!!! About halfway through day i almost felt sick because i was so hungry, kept to the plan though. Looking smaller and fitting into smaller shirts, which makes me a little antsy, like i am losing too much muscle. Going to start the pjet for the week tomorrow and i am excited. My face is looking leaner. My stomach is feeling looser, but not necessarily looking leaner yet. Hoping that will come soon.

Carcaya

Carcaya

Awards
  • Established
Day 10-12
stayed strict on diet. Weighing just shy of 208. Today, I threw in an extra 5 mile run today. It really drained me. I feel that I will definitely lose a lot of fat this week.

Carcaya

Carcaya

Awards
  • Established
Day 17 -
weight 206, first day of diet change. I am doing diet 2 today and i have to say i am missing some of the carbs. Definitely carving up. I feel good because this is the leanest I have been and I am just starting 3 weeks of carb cycling. Hoping to tighten up some of that last flab skin at the bottom of my abs. I ran an extra 4 miles on top of my back, abs, and cardio at the gym. I am feeling pretty tired. I am up to 50mg e 500-600mg c and 162mg a for eca dose. I am thinking about using a bit of DAA to keep muscle during this last portion, maybe 2g a day? I also have a bit of arimidex that i was thinking about doing a really low dose of, but i am unsure how i should do it or in what amounts. I will only do it if I can find a reasonable dosage amount that is not too detrimental. For some reason, I am putting up decent weight as of recent. My strength suffered about 2 weeks ago, but i seem to have recovered a bit of strength. booyah!

heckler7

heckler7

Awards
  • Established
I dropped a log too. Good work on the diet, hows the sarm treating you? any sides?

Carcaya

Carcaya

Awards
  • Established
currently during the first 5 weeks, I am just running ECA. After that, I will do an 8 week run of osta. So I start osta in 2 and a half weeks. Considering getting bloods done, but I don't want to shell out the $$$$$$$

Hoping i only get a bit of lethargy on the osta, thats it.

Carcaya

Carcaya

Awards
  • Established
Day 18 -
weight 204-205
Diet 3 today, feeling good but super tired. I had a good back workout today. Holy cow, my veins were shooting off my arms today at the gym. They have never been quite this pronounced. I really am looking forward to putting on some size, feeling small . . .

Also, tired of veggies, want some pizza. Screw it though, gotta keep on keepin' on. Pizza is for the victory meal though haha. Tried a dose of about 2g DAA today. I could almost feel the test boost. Too horny today, thats for sure.

Carcaya

Carcaya

Awards
  • Established
Day 22 - things are coming along. I just moved into a new apartment and had to help all of my roommates move in. This literally took all of yesterday and the day before. I have been almost perfect on diet. I ate a bit of excess on a meal last night due to missing meals because of moving. I am making progress though. I am going to really steam it out this week and make it count. I think I will take my cut progress pic sometime Saturday and post it up.
Back on diet 1 for mon, tues, then 2 wed, then 3 thurs, fri, sat, 1 sun, mon, then 3 tues, half of wed. I have a vacation next week from wednesday night to sunday, in which I am going to rest so that the start of my building phase will be fantastic and reset. No sups or training for that time period. I will be sparing with my diet, but i will not be following anything rigid.

TheMeatus101

TheMeatus101

Awards
  • Established
Awesome man,im planning on running SD and am going to Recomp,wait for next cycle and all out Bulk.

Carcaya

Carcaya

Awards
  • Established
Day 23
weighed in at 203. Diet 1 today. Eating perfect. I had a phenomenal shoulders workout today. Really felt a bunch of tension in all my lifts. My shoulders have always been my lagging muscle group. Fortunately, today they were quite pumped. I am looking forward to the next few days of shred.

Thanks Meat - good luck on your SD, stuff is hella strong

Carcaya

Carcaya

Awards
  • Established
Day 29 - weight 204. I have carbed up a bit. I ended my cut phase and have been refilling glycogen and such for the last couple days. Feeling absolutely fantastic and ready to get some muscle. No more messing around. Going to possibly build muscle and not focus on cutting for a year.

Carcaya

Carcaya

Awards
  • Established
started the osta today. Tastes like rubber cement, not that I have ever eaten rubber cement before. . . I had a very vigorous legs day workout. Upped cals to 4300 or so after taking the last week off eating strict. Back on to eating strict. Its going to be rocking. Hoping to get some bigger triceps, rear delts, chest, and lat width.