Drinking small amounts of alcohol a couple times a week?

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Hey fellas. I just had a question . Recently , I’ve been dealing with a lot of stress and I may drink 1/2 or a shot of tequila/gin/vodka a couple times a week to wind down. At first I believed it wasn’t effecting me negatively, but I’m starting to think it may be. Just don’t feel the same when I wake up and the fact I’m craving it is a problem. Haven’t had any for about a week and I feel much stronger inthe gym and have more energy. I’ve never been a drinker what so ever except for this summer. What do you all think? Alcoholism runs in my family and I notice I can drink a lot before I feel anything . Even liquor . Like I said, I’m not even a heavy drinker so it must be genetic and I’ve been told to avoid it .

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Nothing horribly wrong with it, but it's not doing you any favors. Best to stay away from it in your situation. Obviously just my opinion.

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Nothing horribly wrong with it, but it's not doing you any favors. Best to stay away from it in your situation. Obviously just my opinion.
Definitely agree. F*ck alcohol except on special occasion lol.

I literally couldn’t deadlift a couple weeks ago, just didn’t feel it and I just thought to myself, “I’m barely even drinking”. Today , deadlifts felt effortless. The damage adds up imo. Why slowly poison yourself ?

I think a little beer or wine would POSSIBLY be okay, but I just don’t like beer or wine lol. Liquor is more macro friendly but worse on health.

I’m ranting though

Thanks brother, truly appreciate it.

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I fell into that trap following some personal setbacks. It's definitely taken a toll on me physically after a couple of years. And at the age of 58, I don't have that much time left to get my shyt together. Best to skip it if possible. Have you given any thought to something else to help "relax"? Marijuana laws are easing up every day it seems like.

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I fell into that trap following some personal setbacks. It's definitely taken a toll on me physically after a couple of years. And at the age of 58, I don't have that much time left to get my shyt together. Best to skip it if possible. Have you given any thought to something else to help "relax"? Marijuana laws are easing up every day it seems like.
Very good man! It is a trap and I’m glad you are back together. “A little is okay” until it spirals into more and more. I’m going to stay away.

Not legal here. I’ve been using zinc and b6 before bed which seem to help, though. Weed makes me extremely paranoid.

jameschoi

jameschoi

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I was having my appendix removed and my roommate at the hospital had liver cirrhosis. He was 36 but looked 50ish. He looked like he was gonna die that night. Drink water to stay alive.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
YouTube “whiskey and deadlifts” Chris duffin

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I was having my appendix removed and my roommate at the hospital had liver cirrhosis. He was 36 but looked 50ish. He looked like he was gonna die that night. Drink water to stay alive.
You’re right

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I started like that before I became alcoholic. Some people can enjoy alcohol and never abuse it some can’t. Once you reach that limit that you’re craving it and you’re thinking a lot about it, best to drop it before it takes control of your life because it’s a fast road to hell

Jeremyk1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Just a quick thought, I know it doesn’t seem like such a small amount would make much impact, but since you said you were using it to unwind a little, I assume you were drinking in the evening? Even though alcohol tends to make some people sleepier, I’ve heard that it has a negative impact on sleep cycles. It could be impaired sleep that’s effecting your performance. Regardless, it seems you already found your own answer without needing to ask about it. But if you’re wondering about an explanation, I think this is likely.

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Just a quick thought, I know it doesn’t seem like such a small amount would make much impact, but since you said you were using it to unwind a little, I assume you were drinking in the evening? Even though alcohol tends to make some people sleepier, I’ve heard that it has a negative impact on sleep cycles. It could be impaired sleep that’s effecting your performance. Regardless, it seems you already found your own answer without needing to ask about it. But if you’re wondering about an explanation, I think this is likely.
Ah I guess I never thought about that.

I did find my answer and sub consciously I knew but you know it helps to be reassured

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I started like that before I became alcoholic. Some people can enjoy alcohol and never abuse it some can’t. Once you reach that limit that you’re craving it and you’re thinking a lot about it, best to drop it before it takes control of your life because it’s a fast road to hell
You’re right brother and I’m so happy you came back to the light.

Bodybuilding over that crap all day

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
But seriously, I rarely drink but do enjoy a good whisky from time to time as a little reward. Moderation.
What’s moderation for you ?

Honestly I’ve been good for about 2 weeks 0 alcohol and I feel fine but today I’m wanting some tonight. I was stressing again this week and since it’s Friday

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Alcohol is pervasive in society so most people think it is "safe" . I have a younger family member who was going through stress and started drinking a little vodka at night to calm down. A couple weeks ago she started throwing up every day. Then her urine turned dark orange. I told her to get to the ER but of course no one listens. She waited a couple days and wound up missing Thanksgiving because she was on IVs for a few days. Her liver was a mess, kidneys were impacted...total sh1tshow.

Doctors told her to quit all alcohol or she would die.

Similar to you she was drinking just a little bit and thought it was harmless.

It depleted her electrolytes, B vitamins, damaged her liver and that was starting to impact her kidneys. Just food for thought.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
What’s moderation for you ?

Honestly I’ve been good for about 2 weeks 0 alcohol and I feel fine but today I’m wanting some tonight. I was stressing again this week and since it’s Friday
When I was in my 20’s I was totally out of control. Now I can go months no drink, no problem. I’ll have a nice old fashioned about once a week at max. Pretty moderate I’d say. But thanksgiving I definitely got down, but in my defense I was up the next morning moving weights as punishment. Exceptions every now and again. When I go without for a few months though it’s a nice break. Let’s you reevaluate your social skills from a clear mind, as mine resemble arson most days.
But if it is affecting your training I’d say drop it. Priorities ya know? I have a family disposition towards alcoholism but luckily I can take it or leave it. I believe growing up around it showed me everything I didn’t want to be, so that was a positive taken from a negative.

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Alcohol is pervasive in society so most people think it is "safe" . I have a younger family member who was going through stress and started drinking a little vodka at night to calm down. A couple weeks ago she started throwing up every day. Then her urine turned dark orange. I told her to get to the ER but of course no one listens. She waited a couple days and wound up missing Thanksgiving because she was on IVs for a few days. Her liver was a mess, kidneys were impacted...total sh1tshow.

Doctors told her to quit all alcohol or she would die.

Similar to you she was drinking just a little bit and thought it was harmless.

It depleted her electrolytes, B vitamins, damaged her liver and that was starting to impact her kidneys. Just food for thought.
That is just INSANE! You would never expect it to impact someone that severely with a low dose but alcohol is what I like to call, an expensive poison. Everyone reacts differently and yes , society treats it like soda.

I’m done man. I always need God and never need a substance.

God bless and thanks.

How is she doing now? That is just horrible.

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
When I was in my 20’s I was totally out of control. Now I can go months no drink, no problem. I’ll have a nice old fashioned about once a week at max. Pretty moderate I’d say. But thanksgiving I definitely got down, but in my defense I was up the next morning moving weights as punishment. Exceptions every now and again. When I go without for a few months though it’s a nice break. Let’s you reevaluate your social skills from a clear mind, as mine resemble arson most days.
But if it is affecting your training I’d say drop it. Priorities ya know? I have a family disposition towards alcoholism but luckily I can take it or leave it. I believe growing up around it showed me everything I didn’t want to be, so that was a positive taken from a negative.
As I’ve said to others, glad you left it and now you can drink in moderation without an issue.

I grew up around alcohol abuse, as well. A lot of it. Sad because it was both my parents.

My Dad would work and ignore me/treat me like I was a burden. When he was off, he would be drinking and this was the only
Time he was nice so it was fake and I saw through it.

It was definitely affecting me. I could feel it. Something just felt “off”. Give me a can of bang , some beet root extract and it’s all good 😂

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
We live in a society where people are longing for something. This is when we should pray the most and seek our Heavenly Father!

You guys are great honestly. Appreciate the help and stories. Honestly

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
That is just INSANE! You would never expect it to impact someone that severely with a low dose but alcohol is what I like to call, an expensive poison. Everyone reacts differently and yes , society treats it like soda.

I’m done man. I always need God and never need a substance.

God bless and thanks.

How is she doing now? That is just horrible.
Thanks for asking.

She is doing much better and her and her husband both stopped drinking altogether from what I am told. I was worried her husband would not take it seriously and keep going. He is a good guy but sometimes not super responsible. I was impressed he stepped up.

I think we all think "it is ok in moderation", but no one has ever become an alcoholic without taking that first drink. These problems can hit random people and there is no way to know.

Recent studies have suggested there is no safe consumption of alcohol and that may be extreme, but I have only personally probably had a couple dozen drinks in my entire life and that may be an over estimate, so I am more willing to accept negativity toward alcohol than the average person.

It is good you realized where you were at and did something about it. I know you have cravings, and if they get bad come on here and PM me or whatever and I will do whatever I can to help. It can be hard to change any bad habit - junk food, drugs, alcohol, even biting your nails haha. But it can be done if you get your environment right and don't rely solely on will.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
As I’ve said to others, glad you left it and now you can drink in moderation without an issue.

I grew up around alcohol abuse, as well. A lot of it. Sad because it was both my parents.

My Dad would work and ignore me/treat me like I was a burden. When he was off, he would be drinking and this was the only
Time he was nice so it was fake and I saw through it.

It was definitely affecting me. I could feel it. Something just felt “off”. Give me a can of bang , some beet root extract and it’s all good 😂
Thanks for sharing this. Sorry you had to go through that.

What kind of a person are you gonna be?

It sounds like you are strong enough to overcome the issues your parents couldn't. Be proud.

Also - NAC and I believe possibly agmatine can help reduce alcohol cravings. NAC has the added benefit of being good for your liver, but don't take it before alcohol consumption.

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Thanks for sharing this. Sorry you had to go through that.

What kind of a person are you gonna be?

It sounds like you are strong enough to overcome the issues your parents couldn't. Be proud.

Also - NAC and I believe possibly agmatine can help reduce alcohol cravings. NAC has the added benefit of being good for your liver, but don't take it before alcohol consumption.
Thanks man so much for those kind words , I truly appreciate it. I’ve been through more than just that and I think it’s best I avoid any substance that could relieve psychological pain.

I may grab some NAC to detoxify my liver now and for that purpose! Thanks man truly

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Thanks for asking.

She is doing much better and her and her husband both stopped drinking altogether from what I am told. I was worried her husband would not take it seriously and keep going. He is a good guy but sometimes not super responsible. I was impressed he stepped up.

I think we all think "it is ok in moderation", but no one has ever become an alcoholic without taking that first drink. These problems can hit random people and there is no way to know.

Recent studies have suggested there is no safe consumption of alcohol and that may be extreme, but I have only personally probably had a couple dozen drinks in my entire life and that may be an over estimate, so I am more willing to accept negativity toward alcohol than the average person.

It is good you realized where you were at and did something about it. I know you have cravings, and if they get bad come on here and PM me or whatever and I will do whatever I can to help. It can be hard to change any bad habit - junk food, drugs, alcohol, even biting your nails haha. But it can be done if you get your environment right and don't rely solely on will.
Glad to hear they’re BOTH doing well and cut the addiction. I know what you mean when you say he’s a bad influence, but glad he took the initiative to help himself as well. Now , there’s a truly healthy support system to keep them both sober.

Thanks for offering. I may send you a message.

God Bless

Rad83

Rad83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Save your liver, you may want to run a sarm or methyl someday

(Bout a year ago every convenience store near near me started carrying a legitimate beer/alcoholic beverage selection....I got caught up in some Angry Orchard Rose, (it’s good af) same reasons as you...relax etc. Winter is depressing!...It slowly became a couple every night with my Netflixin’ & took a toll on my body composition...Started feeling sluggish etc.)

They don’t call it a beer gut, for nothin!🤣

I suggest some good relaxing chamomile hot teas,...there’s tons out there and they have all kindsa benefits!

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Save your liver, you may want to run a sarm or methyl someday

(Bout a year ago every convenience store near near me started carrying a legitimate beer/alcoholic beverage selection....I got caught up in some Angry Orchard Rose, (it’s good af) same reasons as you...relax etc. Winter is depressing!...It slowly became a couple every night with my Netflixin’ & took a toll on my body composition...Started feeling sluggish etc.)

They don’t call it a beer gut, for nothin!🤣

I suggest some good relaxing chamomile hot teas,...there’s tons out there and they have all kindsa benefits!
100% going to save my liver . Thanks man and I was in a similar boat. I chose liquor for those reasons 😂. Still not good . I guess I’ll have to keep myself busy and going 24/7 for this reason 🤷🏻‍♂️.

Winter + my current life status is extremely depressing. I’m really struggling and it’s wearing on me

Are sarms really liver toxic? People claiming they’re not 🤔

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
100% going to save my liver . Thanks man and I was in a similar boat. I chose liquor for those reasons 😂. Still not good . I guess I’ll have to keep myself busy and going 24/7 for this reason 🤷🏻‍♂️.

Winter + my current life status is extremely depressing. I’m really struggling and it’s wearing on me

Are sarms really liver toxic? People claiming they’re not 🤔
Gonna reiterate...people on this board havealways been there when I needed. It is shocking how you can make friends that you have never met and they can be there for you when no one in your real life is. PM if you ever need.

I feel like, for me at least, I get anxiety over things that I focus on and do nothing about. For instance, I will go to bed and start thinking about something and it is too late at night to go do anything about it, so I get in a cycle.

I think we are designed to have a hunting cycle. We have a problem, we think about it and this triggers action, we go kill it and things are good. I am hungry, I need food, I go kill something and eat it.

But the modern cycle is, I have this problem, I think about that problem, I should take action but I am not willing to take action at that moment or don't know an effective strategy, so I still have the problem, so I think about it, and the cycle is short circuited into am endless thinking loop.

As another example, I see people do this and have done it at times myself even though it isn't how I am wired - Something went wrong and I have to call someone to deliver the bad news. But this person will be upset, so I don't want to call them...so back to square one, I have a problem.

And then, to make things worse, after a short while it escalates. Now I haven't called them, so they will be upset I didn't call and it will be awkward, and I have bad newsso they will really hit the roof...and so on.

If you have anxiety, in other words, what action can you take to actually make a difference? Take positive action, you will feel better (usually).

bruno.camilo

bruno.camilo

Awards
  • Established
Alcohol is highly addictive, and it mess with ur performance at the gym, obviously.

I drink a lot, i would like not to, but i am an alcoholic and not ready to stop dink just right now.

I am on TRT since ever, so i have a great shape(not a six peck, but i am 250lbs with negative belly) and strength tho

Godstrength

Godstrength

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Alcohol is highly addictive, and it mess with ur performance at the gym, obviously.

I drink a lot, i would like not to, but i am an alcoholic and not ready to stop dink just right now.

I am on TRT since ever, so i have a great shape(not a six peck, but i am 250lbs with negative belly) and strength tho
I'm guessing you had a few already today

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Gonna reiterate...people on this board havealways been there when I needed. It is shocking how you can make friends that you have never met and they can be there for you when no one in your real life is. PM if you ever need.

I feel like, for me at least, I get anxiety over things that I focus on and do nothing about. For instance, I will go to bed and start thinking about something and it is too late at night to go do anything about it, so I get in a cycle.

I think we are designed to have a hunting cycle. We have a problem, we think about it and this triggers action, we go kill it and things are good. I am hungry, I need food, I go kill something and eat it.

But the modern cycle is, I have this problem, I think about that problem, I should take action but I am not willing to take action at that moment or don't know an effective strategy, so I still have the problem, so I think about it, and the cycle is short circuited into am endless thinking loop.

As another example, I see people do this and have done it at times myself even though it isn't how I am wired - Something went wrong and I have to call someone to deliver the bad news. But this person will be upset, so I don't want to call them...so back to square one, I have a problem.

And then, to make things worse, after a short while it escalates. Now I haven't called them, so they will be upset I didn't call and it will be awkward, and I have bad newsso they will really hit the roof...and so on.

If you have anxiety, in other words, what action can you take to actually make a difference? Take positive action, you will feel better (usually).
PM’d

Yes, our current society has been almost manipulated in a way that will cause individuals unnecessary stress and pain. This is through brainwash and mind games. Guess that’s just how humans are but the world is definitely getting worse. This isn’t to sound negative but it’s just the truth we are coming close to end times

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer

You need to quit brother and you can

Dutch guy in asia

Dutch guy in asia

Awards
We live in a society where people are longing for something. This is when we should pray the most and seek our Heavenly Father!

You guys are great honestly. Appreciate the help and stories. Honestly
Are you for real ? as an atheist I never needed something like this at all. I actually find it really strange that people who are educated could still be religious. (something about proof and dont come with me we have to have faith as that is just a excuse to counteract the lack of proof)

Anyway good luck with your problem i hope you solve it, i used cannabis to relax but that is also not a good thing to use too often. Its better to go the root of the problem and try to solve what is stressing you out then to just treat the symptoms.

For me working out hard helps a lot with stress relief (in healthy way), and if possible try removing the stress factor. Bit hard if its work related as we all need work to get money.

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Are you for real ? as an atheist I never needed something like this at all. I actually find it really strange that people who are educated could still be religious. (something about proof and dont come with me we have to have faith as that is just a excuse to counteract the lack of proof)

Anyway good luck with your problem i hope you solve it, i used cannabis to relax but that is also not a good thing to use too often. Its better to go the root of the problem and try to solve what is stressing you out then to just treat the symptoms.

For me working out hard helps a lot with stress relief (in healthy way), and if possible try removing the stress factor. Bit hard if its work related as we all need work to get money.
Don’t think it ever became a problem(was leading towards a possible one) as I haven’t had any for a couple weeks now and I wasn’t binging or anything. Just habitual

Thanks

And I mention that because it wasn’t in the nature of my faith to be seeking alcohol . instead of seeking our savior. I haven’t been praying or keeping up with the word, so that’s what I meant. I take responsibility for my actions

Last edited:

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer

God exist and there’s actually a ton of proof which points that everything in the Bible occurred

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
However, I don’t need proof. Why? Because when I pray and when I trust in God with all my heart , I know. All I need is my spirituality for faith. I suggest keeping an open mind

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
And I think like most here , I train very hard 6 days a week w/cardio

We all fall short of the glory of God . It’s what makes us human

Last edited:
Dutch guy in asia

Dutch guy in asia

Awards
Ok ill stop commenting, that is what i usually do when religious people start talking. No way to convince them anyway.

Did not think that I would find them here on a fitness message board.

Happy that in my country more and more people are turning to atheism.

Good luck, if praying helps keep it up.

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Kent Hovind is a fraud and conspiracy theory nut. That's your "proof"?
I believe he’s attacked for a reason. Remember shills go around trying to cover up the truths of our God, but man , I’m trying to reduce the amount I talk about this..... just causes more arguments and negativity. I’m a positive and spiritual person. I don’t want to bring more negativity. Let’s stick to the topic of this thread.

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I believe he’s attacked for a reason. Remember shills go around trying to cover up the truths of our God, but man , I’m trying to reduce the amount I talk about this..... just causes more arguments and negativity. I’m a positive and spiritual person. I don’t want to bring more negativity. Let’s stick to the topic of this thread.
Shills like Hovind exploit Christianity for their own gain. As for the topic, if you don't like drinking, then don't do it. Alcoholism has nothing to do with how much alcohol you can handle or not.

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Shills like Hovind exploit Christianity for their own gain. As for the topic, if you don't like drinking, then don't do it. Alcoholism has nothing to do with how much alcohol you can handle or not.
Do you think their using the Gospel of Jesus to make money you mean? Are you a spiritual person? I’m against organized religion for the most part. I think Christians turn more people away from God than anyone else

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Do you think their using the Gospel of Jesus to make money you mean? Are you a spiritual person? I’m against organized religion for the most part. I think Christians turn more people away from God than anyone else
What do you mean by a spiritual person? I think there are a lot of "Christian" religions presently that prey on people who want to be Christian, but have become disillusioned by things that have happened in churches over the years (e.g. child molestation, embezzlement, general corruption, etc.). So they start some new church and claim to be less about the Bible and more focused on the teaching of Jesus and more about love, yada, yada. Unfortunately, it's usually just that person's interpretation about Christianity that is cherry picked to fit the beliefs they already have and they exploit other Christians into joining their cause. To me they're just cults, usually run by either younger hipster kids who learned "Christianity" from the internet rather than reading the Bible or straight up businessmen who use religion to justify buying private jets.

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
What do you mean by a spiritual person? I think there are a lot of "Christian" religions presently that prey on people who want to be Christian, but have become disillusioned by things that have happened in churches over the years (e.g. child molestation, embezzlement, general corruption, etc.). So they start some new church and claim to be less about the Bible and more focused on the teaching of Jesus and more about love, yada, yada. Unfortunately, it's usually just that person's interpretation about Christianity that is cherry picked to fit the beliefs they already have and they exploit other Christians into joining their cause. To me they're just cults, usually run by either younger hipster kids who learned "Christianity" from the internet rather than reading the Bible or straight up businessmen who use religion to justify buying private jets.
I agree for the most part. I don’t even attend church myself and never grew up Christian. My faith was secured from struggles of life , that’s how I found God. I then picked up the Bible and it’s made sense. The churches I went to always had an off vibe and the people were off. It didn’t seem like God wanted me there, so I just pray on my own. Church isn’t a building anyway, Church can be going out and discussing God in the privacy of whereever.

And yes, it’s sad what Catholicism and other denominations have done. Twisted the Bible to worship evil and further hide the true teachings of Jesus and what it all represents. Church doesn’t save you, religion doesn’t save you, Jesus does

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I agree for the most part. I don’t even attend church myself and never grew up Christian. My faith was secured from struggles of life , that’s how I found God. I then picked up the Bible and it’s made sense. The churches I went to always had an off vibe and the people were off. It didn’t seem like God wanted me there, so I just pray on my own. Church isn’t a building anyway, Church can be going out and discussing God in the privacy of whereever.

And yes, it’s sad what Catholicism and other denominations have done. Twisted the Bible to worship evil and further hide the true teachings of Jesus and what it all represents. Church doesn’t save you, religion doesn’t save you, Jesus does
I had church and religion in my life at a young age, but it wasn't until I decided that I was sick and tired of being a alcoholic that I truly found GOD.

22 YEARS SOBIETY!!!