Dream Supplement Formulations...

Sheesh

Awards
  • Established
Hey folks,
I'm looking into starting my own supplement company, with a little bit of retailing other products on the side. I have a few investors lined up, and I am currently in the planning phase. I know of a few sources for raw materials, and i know of a few places I can get my stuff capped (PM if you know of any more, i'm trying to shop around as much as I can).
On to the point, I want your input in formulating some of my products. Please tell me what your "dream" formulation would be for some of the following products....

- A Fat Loss Supplement (w/o ephedra and ua, sorry boys, but there's alot of legal issues going around with that stuff and I really don't have the $$ to lose)

- A few PH formulations...

- A Protein Supplement...

- An MRP

- Protein Bars

- Sleep Formula

- Non-PH Muscle growth formulas...

etc..etc...If there's anything else you guys can think of, let me know.

Thanks for your help guys, it's REALLY appreciated,
~Sheesh

P.S. - Mods, if this thread isn't appropriate, let me know and I'll delete it ASAP...

sage

sage

Awards
  • Established

- A Protein Supplement...

- An MRP

- Protein Bars

because the above three, i have used the most and tried variety of brands, ill post some choices i would think should be a staple of any supplement distirbutor. (so a mix of what i prefer and what i believe are most popular)

Protein powder: eas simply whey, optimum nutrition100% whey for whey. metrx protein plus, labrada prov60, and universal milk and egg protein

MRP: EAS myoplex plus, lite, deluxe (the mass version, i dont think is necessary) lean matrix by prolab, metrx mrp, isopure perhaps

Bars: the standard designer whey, worldwide pure protein, detour and uturn bars, labrada lean boyd bars, eas low-carb, real protein, and perhaps natures best solid protein.

i know this is like every manufacturer but if you can pull it off, thats a good base of choices. SOme i dont like personally, but you always here them mentioned as among the popular ones. Sage

Sheesh

Awards
  • Established
Re: Re: Dream Supplement Formulations...

because the above three, i have used the most and tried variety of brands, ill post some choices i would think should be a staple of any supplement distirbutor. (so a mix of what i prefer and what i believe are most popular)

Protein powder: eas simply whey, optimum nutrition100% whey for whey. metrx protein plus, labrada prov60, and universal milk and egg protein

MRP: EAS myoplex plus, lite, deluxe (the mass version, i dont think is necessary) lean matrix by prolab, metrx mrp, isopure perhaps

Bars: the standard designer whey, worldwide pure protein, detour and uturn bars, labrada lean boyd bars, eas low-carb, real protein, and perhaps natures best solid protein.

i know this is like every manufacturer but if you can pull it off, thats a good base of choices. SOme i dont like personally, but you always here them mentioned as among the popular ones. Sage
Besides retailing, i'm also looking into MAKING my own supplements, which was more what I wanted this thread to be about. Like if I were going to make an MRP, what would you want to be in it (thus your 'dream' formulation)

TheCSWFighter

Awards
green tea extract, cla, acetyl l-carnitine, and ala for fat loss. somethin along those lines but it doesn;t help the dosage for cla has to be high dosages so good luck on that one

Lifeguard

Lifeguard

Awards
  • Established
Originally posted by Sheesh

- Non-PH Muscle growth formulas...

etc..etc...

Well, some know what I think about 20-hydroxyecdysone, I think it is a supplement worth buying, but it is not exactly economically sound when compared to the correct dosage (expept for Syntrabol by Syntrax) is used (3-5mg/kg of bodyweight or 1-2g/day depending on the purity of the raws.

Also I like Fuzu-type products: Contains tribulus terrestris (aerial extract), fenugreek seed extract, and dioscorea deltoida (root extract).  All standardized for the furostanolic saponins in them.

A product that contains both ecdysterones and anabolic saponins in it (similar to Ecdybol Expolcaps by Pinnacle) would be a great combination I think.

BTW: if you need a beta-tester for anything I will be more then happy to volunteer my body for science :D

ex_banana-eater

Awards
  • Established
definitely a good carb supplement or a weight gainer with some GOOD carbs in it. You would RULE the whole market... because every weight gainer out there has high GI carbs. Make the carbs out of like ground barley and stuff... it will be awesome. Ive always been looking for a weight gainer with good carbs... or just a good carb supplement

thats the type of supplement i have always dreamed of... you can market it saying that others will get you fat with highh GI .. it will be neat.. I need something like this.

How would this work? A combination of like ground barley/ground lentils. those are both somewhere in the 30s on the Glucose based glycemic index.. then just add some aspartame for sweetness, and add a little flavour. Plus a protein of choice.. could either be a whey combination for post workout.. or egg or casein for other times during the day.

pogue

pogue

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Re: Re: Dream Supplement Formulations...

A product that contains both ecdysterones and anabolic saponins in it (similar to Ecdybol Expolcaps by Pinnacle) would be a great combination I think.
You could probably make this yourself with products from BAC:

ECD, 20-Hydroxy Ecdysterone (aka B-ecdysone, isoinokosterone) minimum 60% and total ecdysterone content about 90% by HPLC from a 150:1 extract of Cyanotis vaga. High anabolic, low androgenic, zero estrogenic for men & women, increasing lean mass when used with exercise and a high protein diet. 30-50% increase in storage of creatine & glycogen in heart muscle. It is said to block cortisol, repair DNA, increase red blood cells, strengthen immune response, and enhance neural function. Studies have reported increases of endurance, work capacity, and VO2 Max in athletes. A former Soviet favorite. Many studies show it increases the rate of protein synthesis without changing cell structure or testosterone and estrogen levels. Increases rate of healing and repair. Will not give a false-positive on steroid tests. Enhances size, strength, endurance, & recovery. Has been included in some sexual enhancement formulas. In Russian experiments youthful people experienced an anabolic effect similar to oral anabolic steroids. Older people should stack with tribulus, androstene, ZMA, or otherwise enhance free testosterone levels. Dose recommendations of ECD vary from 10mg 3x/day up to 5mg per kg of bodyweight divided in 3 doses/day. Some say 90mg of actual ECD (130mg powder) 3x/day is ideal. Many stack with methoxyisoflavone, tribulus, and/or ZMA. 50 grams, $32.00 Code 538.0

TRIBULUS EXTRACT, super premium grade, 50:1. This is Bulgarian Tribulus harvested at just the right time, extracted by a German pharmaceutical company, concentrating the active ingredients, especially the saponins Protodiocin (>10% by HPLC) & Protogracilin. The saponin potency (50-80%) is tested by German pharmaceutical methods. Most manufacturers claim high saponin content but use inaccurate testing methods which measure a lot more than steroidal saponins. Tribulus has been shown to have anabolic, aphrodisiac, antioxidant, antiinflammatory, and diuretic effects; increasing testosterone in men while normalizing hormones in women. Usual dose is 250mg 3x/day for 8 weeks on, 2 weeks off. Very potent, but bitter taste. 50 grams powder (200 doses), $19.75. Code 849.0
Just throw them in with your shake, not sure how good it would taste though.

ex_banana-eater

Awards
  • Established
is a sublingual delivery method possible for ecdysterone?

Frost

Awards
green tea extract, cla, acetyl l-carnitine, and ala for fat loss. somethin along those lines but it doesn;t help the dosage for cla has to be high dosages so good luck on that one

Not too sure, but i remember reading that ala mixed with creatine or othere things just degrades because of the exposure to light ect, thats why its capped and in sun proof bottles.

Sheesh

Awards
  • Established
definitely a good carb supplement or a weight gainer with some GOOD carbs in it. You would RULE the whole market... because every weight gainer out there has high GI carbs. Make the carbs out of like ground barley and stuff... it will be awesome. Ive always been looking for a weight gainer with good carbs... or just a good carb supplement

thats the type of supplement i have always dreamed of... you can market it saying that others will get you fat with highh GI .. it will be neat.. I need something like this.

How would this work? A combination of like ground barley/ground lentils. those are both somewhere in the 30s on the Glucose based glycemic index.. then just add some aspartame for sweetness, and add a little flavour. Plus a protein of choice.. could either be a whey combination for post workout.. or egg or casein for other times during the day.
Sounds good man. What kind of ratios of carb to protein do you want...i was thinking 2:1. Do you have a preference of just one protein? or a protein blend?

Thanks for your help...

Lifeguard

Lifeguard

Awards
  • Established
Originally posted by ex_banana-eater
is a sublingual delivery method possible for ecdysterone?
you and you're sublingual delivery :p ... first it was sodium bicarbonate, and now ecdysterones.....crazy guy ;)

Lifeguard

Lifeguard

Awards
  • Established
Re: Re: Re: Dream Supplement Formulations...

Originally posted by pogue

You could probably make this yourself with products from BAC:

Just throw them in with your shake, not sure how good it would taste though.
oooooohhhhhh.....*wheels begin to turn in my head... and then shift into high gear*

very nice...

I'm all up in the hizzle on this one....next bulking..oh yes..it will happen....just you wait....

pogue

pogue

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Re: Re: Re: Re: Dream Supplement Formulations...

I'm all up in the hizzle on this one....next bulking..oh yes..it will happen....just you wait....
Fo shizzle. Lemme know how this works for you, I might give it a go :)

ex_banana-eater

Awards
  • Established

you and you're sublingual delivery :p ... first it was sodium bicarbonate, and now ecdysterones.....crazy guy ;)
well i believe the molecule is too large for transdermal... probably making sublingual delivery impossible as well.:(

ex_banana-eater

Awards
  • Established

Sounds good man. What kind of ratios of carb to protein do you want...i was thinking 2:1. Do you have a preference of just one protein? or a protein blend?

Thanks for your help...
yeah, 2 to 1 works... egg protein would be my first choice.. although it is very expensive that would deter many. Whey protein concentrate is nice and cheap but not the optimal protein for during the day. I wonder if using the protein from liver tabs would be cost effective... :) it would create a very balanced shake by supplying B vitamins.

Lifeguard

Lifeguard

Awards
  • Established
protein from liver tabs is the same kind of protein as meats, etc (correct me if I am wrong) and I am not sure how it would hold up in a powdered state for a potentially long period of time....

Lifeguard

Lifeguard

Awards
  • Established
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Dream Supplement Formulations...

Originally posted by pogue

Fo shizzle. Lemme know how this works for you, I might give it a go :)
well **** man..it aint gonna be for a while (like next september/october) so dont hold your breath...

PoolMan

Awards
How about an OTC mix of Enanthate, EQ, and Winnie (that kicks in half way). :)

Lifeguard

Lifeguard

Awards
  • Established
so would that be like 4-ad, 1,4-ad and 5-AA ;) j/k....lets not hijack the thread...