Done pre-bloods and very confused

admlite

Awards
Male 45. BF ~21-22%. Skinny fat body type. Total hardgainer, always struggled to put on muscle.
Never cycled anything. Been training natty for last ~5 yrs.
Total cholesterol came out at 4.10
HDL at 1.44 (norm is >1.55)
LDL at 2.3 (norm <2.6)
Liver enzymes are ok, with ALT and GGT slightly above norm.
Total T 15.53 nmol/L
SHBG 69.31 nmol/L (norm 18.30-54.10)
Albumine at 50.33 g/l
Free T came out at only 1.17
E2 45.37 pmol/L (norm 41.40-159.00)
FSH 6.26 IU/L (norm 1.50-12.40)
LH 2.21 IU/L (norm 1.7-8.6)
PRL 144 mIU/L (norm 86-324)
Progesterone 0.409 nmol/L
Cortizol 447.20 nmol/L (norm 133-537)

What the heck is going on here?
I was considering a low dose Osta, but it may mess up my lipids and hormones even further.
How do I lower my SHBG?

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
You are on the low end of normal for total test and free test is confusing me, is that 1.17pg/ml? If so that's high normal on the scale 0.3-2pg/ml

For shgb, what's your thyroid look like. Hyperthyroidism is a big cause of high shgb. Vegetable like broccoli, cauliflower, Brussels and spinach help. Boron 10mg a day. Increased protein, avoid alcohol and sugar. All those help shgb.

Osta is crap in my opinion. Minimal to no gains and lots of potential sides even tho it's supposed to be super safe. At muscle building doses 15-50mg ppl get issues with estrogen and cholesterol. I'd skip it. But whatever you choose, post cycle your bloods will be worse. If you wanna run a sarm, try rad140. It's side free for pretty much everyone and is on the radar for possible hrt. If you wanna further better your lipids add some carderine. But I woul straighten out your blood work first

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
What's your daily diet look like. But you could fix a lot with some clean up and different food choices.

admlite

Awards
I am unsure about free test, as the lab gave no units or normal range, just the plain number. I've used some online calculators to calculate it myself from Total T, Albumin and SHBG numbers and it appears that 1.17 is % or 0.181 nmol/L, which is also confusing as I cannot find any clear info on the normal % ranges.
I ran tryroid tests, just did not post them. T3 and T4 both are at the high end of the normal range.
My diet is generally clean, but had a couple of weeks of less protein higher carbs/fats eating due to holliday season before I took the test. Will try to add more cruciferous veggies to try to bring down that SHBG and will also add more Krill Oil to increase HDL.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I am unsure about free test, as the lab gave no units or normal range, just the plain number. I've used some online calculators to calculate it myself from Total T, Albumin and SHBG numbers and it appears that 1.17 is % or 0.181 nmol/L, which is also confusing as I cannot find any clear info on the normal % ranges.
I ran tryroid tests, just did not post them. T3 and T4 both are at the high end of the normal range.
My diet is generally clean, but had a couple of weeks of less protein higher carbs/fats eating due to holliday season before I took the test. Will try to add more cruciferous veggies to try to bring down that SHBG and will also add more Krill Oil to increase HDL.
I'm having a hard time figuring it out too, what country do you live in. Different places use different systems and it might help me find the reference range for your area

admlite

Awards
I am from Estonia.
Also, I was thinking about Osta, since it seems to be milder and helps with joints. From what I read, Osta at 10-12.5mg/d for 6-8wks would put on ~2kg of lean muscle. I'd be happy with that as long as it keeps. My goals are general fitness.

bad rad

bad rad

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Are you type 1 diabetic? It's not unusual to see higher free testosterone with low serum levels. When my natural test was 100 ng/dL my free test was almost 3%.

At 45 I'd just start test Cypr or Ent. 10mg/daily for TRT and 20-40mg daily for a cycle. Alternate 8 weeks each. Use an insulin syringe to administer. Google Emeric Delczeg for more info.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I am from Estonia.
Also, I was thinking about Osta, since it seems to be milder and helps with joints. From what I read, Osta at 10-12.5mg/d for 6-8wks would put on ~2kg of lean muscle. I'd be happy with that as long as it keeps. My goals are general fitness.
It is supposed to be mild yet it tends to cause more problems then most other sarms . It's also the only sarm I noticed zero in terms of muscle growth.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Are you type 1 diabetic? It's not unusual to see higher free testosterone with low serum levels. When my natural test was 100 ng/dL my free test was almost 3%.

At 45 I'd just start test Cypr or Ent. 10mg/daily for TRT and 20-40mg daily for a cycle. Alternate 8 weeks each. Use an insulin syringe to administer. Google Emeric Delczeg for more info.
Daily shots are a hard sell for a first time guy, unless he is diabetic, then it probably wouldn't matter. Are you only using 70mg a week for trt? I've heard of the method, 70 just seems so low

bad rad

bad rad

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm starting again tomorrow. Most test gel is 5-10mg absorbed, so the ratio is about right. Takes about 2 minutes to do a shot in the morning so it's all habit. I usually use 20mg daily but most only need 10mg.

OP, I asked about type 1 diabetic because they have high SHBG.

Last edited:

admlite

Awards

No, I am not diabetic. Not that I know, at least. Will be running more tests next week to rule it out though.

admlite

Awards
Been doing some reading and saw multiple suggestions of Proviron to lower SHBG. Do you think is it viable in my situation?

bad rad

bad rad

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
No, I am not diabetic. Not that I know, at least. Will be running more tests next week to rule it out though.
You would know if you were. It's life threatening. Adding Proviron tends to lower SHBG for a short amount of time before the body responds by making more SHBG. Realistically you should start by dropping body fat to help normalize your hormones.

admlite

Awards
You would know if you were. It's life threatening. Adding Proviron tends to lower SHBG for a short amount of time before the body responds by making more SHBG. Realistically you should start by dropping body fat to help normalize your hormones.
Problem is (and this is why I have started looking into my hormones and PEDs) I hit the wall at ~21-22% BF (5% visceral). In my case it is all lower belly. Even with extended fasting (I've done multiple 100hr fasts and dozen+ of 72hr fasts) I am not able to go below 20% and rebound very quickly from it. I've been actively training and dieting for 5+ yrs now.

bad rad

bad rad

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote