Donald Trump running for president

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
3.5 trillion spending bill yet social security and medicare face funding shortages---yeah biden, take care of the bums and hang the seniors out to dry.

FJB
I got an additional future paycut on my future SS bill this year, the first paycut in over a decade. I forgot the numbers but it may be around 65 cents to every dollar I am owed after I retire. They warn me right on my statement, not sure if anybody else here ever noticed that.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I got an additional future paycut on my future SS bill this year, the first paycut in over a decade. I forgot the numbers but it may be around 65 cents to every dollar I am owed after I retire. They warn me right on my statement, not sure if anybody else here ever noticed that.
fortunately my wife and i don't need to rely on retirement checks-but you can bet your ass that as long as they come going to cash them.

i think social security will be broke long before you are eligible to collect-biden is more interested in caring for the bums than caring for folks who had paid into the system their whole lives.

Last edited:
Reactions: ax1
thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
a buddy just told me he decided to go ahead and get the covid vaccine-he contacted the local VA clinic to set up a time and he told me they don't even give covid vaccinations anymore, that he should contact indiana dept of health for info on where to go, lol...FJB

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
60% of millennials making 100k+ a year living paycheck to paycheck....more than any other generation.

We dont have a minimum wage problem, we have a stupid people problem.

Literally from the same survey:

Spending is not the enemy that we might think that it is," she says. As a generation, millennials also are facing systemic financial issues that can feel overwhelming. They generally carry more debt than previous generations did at their age, for example. One major reason for that is student loans. The number of households with student loan debt doubled from 1998 to 2016, Pew Research Center found. The median amount of loan debt millennials carried was $19,000, significantly higher than Gen Xers' balance of $12,800 at the same age.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

Spending is not the enemy that we might think that it is," she says. As a generation, millennials also are facing systemic financial issues that can feel overwhelming. They generally carry more debt than previous generations did at their age, for example. One major reason for that is student loans. The number of households with student loan debt doubled from 1998 to 2016, Pew Research Center found. The median amount of loan debt millennials carried was $19,000, significantly higher than Gen Xers' balance of $12,800 at the same age.
Education just isnt overall the same as it was in previous generations. Previous, college was more geared towards getting a job. These says its more focused on social justice, equity, and allowing men in women's bathrooms.

Anyways besides that, education cost has gone through the roof, our public State Universities are all corrupt and political and have become not only focused on brainwashing the youth, but also focused on corporatism and maximum profits instead of providing the public an affordable option for people to get a degree.

So Im not saying your wrong here, school costs more, it does.... but lets investigate further as to the problems as this discovers another set of issues besides debt....the whole country is screwed all around from the public to the system.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
you would think the word LOAN would be self explanatory.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
you would think the word LOAN would be self explanatory.
I know a couple of people with a 800+ credit rating who also defaulted on their student loans. After 7 years of ignoring it, it goes away other than the IRS keeps any tax refund you may get.

In some countries your head will get hunted lol.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I know a couple of people with a 800+ credit rating who also defaulted on their student loans. After 7 years of ignoring it, it goes away other than the IRS keeps any tax refund you may get.

In some countries your head will get hunted lol.
i know my new truck would definately go away if i ignored the loan.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
One person I know even got a mortgage no problem with a totally defaulted student loan. He had good credit and enough income, the student loan did not show up even on a credit history run by the bank as they still only check about 7 years.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I saw the sad face....probably because you know that we all have to pay for that some how some way!

BamBam54

BamBam54

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
So I guess all this happy chat means the feud between BigT and Ax is officially over?

And that Jiiigz, no matter how much he rants about the price of housing, will never tell anyhow how he got the money for his own house...

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Education just isnt overall the same as it was in previous generations. Previous, college was more geared towards getting a job. These says its more focused on social justice, equity, and allowing men in women's bathrooms.

Anyways besides that, education cost has gone through the roof, our public State Universities are all corrupt and political and have become not only focused on brainwashing the youth, but also focused on corporatism and maximum profits instead of providing the public an affordable option for people to get a degree.

So Im not saying your wrong here, school costs more, it does.... but lets investigate further as to the problems as this discovers another set of issues besides debt....the whole country is screwed all around from the public to the system.
Amen to you first paragraph! So damn true!

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

The economic expert I am not, but how can debt/financial issues be systemic? I don’t believe that is possible. Spending and debt/income ratio are self controlled issues. The word systemic has been overly used for the past year and a half. I’ve hardly ever heard the word until then. But back to debt. The reason I think there is more debt is simple. Depression era children were VERY frugal, hard working and new how to save. Now those people are dying off or already dead. Their children are now older and already in their retirement years and they also were pretty frugal. People now are not as frugal and don’t know how to save. That’s why people like Dave Ramsey are making a killing on helping people get out of debt. Disclaimer….I have nothing against Dave Ramsey. He teaches great solutions on getting out of debt.

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
So I guess all this happy chat means the feud between BigT and Ax is officially over?

And that Jiiigz, no matter how much he rants about the price of housing, will never tell anyhow how he got the money for his own house...
Let’s get ready to rummmmmblllllle!!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
The economic expert I am not, but how can debt/financial issues be systemic? I don’t believe that is possible. Spending and debt/income ratio are self controlled issues. The word systemic has been overly used for the past year and a half. I’ve hardly ever heard the word until then. But back to debt. The reason I think there is more debt is simple. Depression era children were VERY frugal, hard working and new how to save. Now those people are dying off or already dead. Their children are now older and already in their retirement years and they also were pretty frugal. People now are not as frugal and don’t know how to save. That’s why people like Dave Ramsey are making a killing on helping people get out of debt. Disclaimer….I have nothing against Dave Ramsey. He teaches great solutions on getting out of debt.
baby steps-eh :)

i think dave ramsey was my mothers student-she taught me the same things and walked the walk....i may not of had a father in my life, but was blessed to have such a wonderful mother.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote

history books are wonderful and i have always enjoyed learning from them---but they are not the same as actually being there.

there is no way a guy from new zealand could know what it was like growing up in the 70s in the US--those were very complicated times...

can you imagine 50 years from now trying to explain to someone what it was like today---there is no way the history books could accurately and completely record 2016-2021--there is slant and spin on every article, and even statistics have slant and spin.

Last edited:

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
baby steps-eh :)

i think dave ramsey was my mothers student-she taught me the same things and walked the walk....i may not of had a father in my life, but was blessed to have such a wonderful mother.
Yes good mothers are hard to come by these days! You’re a lucky one brother! Dave Ramsey makes a ton of sense, but some people don’t want to give up “wants” to get out of debt!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Yes good mothers are hard to come by these days! You’re a lucky one brother! Dave Ramsey makes a ton of sense, but some people don’t want to give up “wants” to get out of debt!
entitlements-eh?

yes, i feel blessed to have a mother like i have.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
french media calls out woke'American dictatorship'

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
'tyrus mocks psaki's latest excuses for biden blunders'

tyrus tellin it like it is!!!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
amazing how songs from the 70s seem so relevant....eminent front-the who, is a great example, imo.

another really great example is pink floyds-another brick in the wall.

btw-evis's version of my way is just incredible-the king.

also GFRR not being in rock hall of fame is just stupid.

Last edited:
thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
cream-crossroads

yeah, baby!!!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
physical graffiti is a masterpiece....bonham beating those drums like they owe him money!!!

trampled under foot is one of the best grooves EVER!!!

groovy, man...F-F-Out.

Last edited:
thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
all the worlds a stage-rush

this live version of working man is fantastic!!!

raw live music at it's best!!!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
listen to rush-subdivisions...the lyrics are deep.

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I just listened to "Personality Crisis" by the New York Dolls.

Just about perfect.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
For sure, the reality is a lot of debt is self-made by the person's spending habits. With the internet and the absolute penetration of ads and the power of them, our spending habits have undoubtedly sky rocketed.

Some of the large debt like Student Loans are largely unavoidable for a lot of careers. Many careers paths demand a minimum of a bachelor's, which the cost of that depends on the degree.

Let's say the average degree is 80k. That's quite a large debt for someone not even in the job market yet. On top of that debt is the ever-increasing rise in the cost of living. Shouldering a debt that high, coupled with the high cost of rent and cost of living, the prospect of needing a $100k deposit for a house to raise a family is getting further and further away, especially for those who do not have family who can help with a deposit.

At one point in Auckland the average house price was increasing by several thousand per day. You can't out-save a market like that despite the older population saying "just work hard like I did", without really understanding that the average pay was higher, the minimum qualifications were lower and the cost of living was dramatically different. We're stuck in a 70's mindset for a 2021 economy.

If you ask the average under 30 year old what their prospects of owning their own home is you'll see what I mean.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
For sure, the reality is a lot of debt is self-made by the person's spending habits. With the internet and the absolute penetration of ads and the power of them, our spending habits have undoubtedly sky rocketed.

Some of the large debt like Student Loans are largely unavoidable for a lot of careers. Many careers paths demand a minimum of a bachelor's, which the cost of that depends on the degree.

Let's say the average degree is 80k. That's quite a large debt for someone not even in the job market yet. On top of that debt is the ever-increasing rise in the cost of living. Shouldering a debt that high, coupled with the high cost of rent and cost of living, the prospect of needing a $100k deposit for a house to raise a family is getting further and further away, especially for those who do not have family who can help with a deposit.

At one point in Auckland the average house price was increasing by several thousand per day. You can't out-save a market like that despite the older population saying "just work hard like I did", without really understanding that the average pay was higher, the minimum qualifications were lower and the cost of living was dramatically different. We're stuck in a 70's mindset for a 2021 economy.

If you ask the average under 30 year old what their prospects of owning their own home is you'll see what I mean.
i joined the navy in jan of 77, even with the assistance of the old montgomery GI bill my wife and i were close to 40 when we bought our 1st house.

look at the trend, in less than 10 years many boomers will be selling houses and moving into assisted living-- the predicted trend will be a glut of unsellable houses.

by the time a 30 year old today turns 40 houses are predicted to be very, very cheap--- do some research-eh!!!

Last edited:
ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
We are having nationwide police shortages here in the USA...the average wage is $67k a year plus benefits and growth.

There are plenty of opportunities and jobs for people to take that will allow them to buy a house rather than going to school falling in debt so they can study how transgenders dont have the same opportunities as white Nazi Germans or how how a plastic bags kills salmon and shrimp.

And trust me, we lost the mindset people had in the 70s, thats part of the problem.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
We are having nationwide police shortages here in the USA...the average wage is $67k a year plus benefits and growth.

There are plenty of opportunities and jobs for people to take that will allow them to buy a house rather than going to school falling in debt so they can study how transgenders dont have the same opportunities as white Nazi Germans or how how a plastic bags kills salmon and shrimp.

And trust me, we lost the mindset people had in the 70s, thats part of the problem.
don't forget the military---GI bill

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
don't forget the military---GI bill
Did you read that the US are investigating a sonic attack on the US Embassy in Germany?

Crazy.

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
"One of the most pathetic--and dangerous--signs of our times is the growing number of individuals and groups who believe that no one can possibly disagree with them for any honest reason."

-Thomas Sowell

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
these threads seem empty without her already...Puccah was one of my favorites of all time on this forum, damn i miss her!!!
Yeah, it's almost surreal. I didn't know her personally like some here did, but her personality shone through her online persona.

She will be greatly missed.

I wonder if her brother has access to her account? It says she was last active today.

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Yeah, it's almost surreal. I didn't know her personally like some here did, but her personality shone through her online persona.

She will be greatly missed.

I wonder if her brother has access to her account? It says she was last active today.
Something along those lines seems to be the only reasonable explanation of course..

They also actually logged in/out yesterday as well 🤷‍♂️

WesleyInman

WesleyInman

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I'm 6 years late to this thread

Let me make up for my time away by saying the most Patriotic thing I can say.

**** JOE BIDEN.

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
So here we are witnessing our country being systematically destroyed before our very eyes. Ongoing pandemic, escalating racial tensions/violence, border crisis, people killing each other and themselves, inflation phasing out the middle class, and that’s just scratching the surface! You name it, everything we once enjoyed is going away or will forever be changed for the worse.

Meanwhile, someone decided it would be an opportune time to further inconvenience everyone and get rid of plastic bags in grocery stores for good! Really? Is this necessary when we have so many other things to worry about and are just trying to keep a degree of sanity and survive?

I finally put some of the reusable plastic bags in my car a few months ago. How often do you think I remember to bring them in the store with me? When I do, I still get pissed because once you get home and bring all your groceries in your house and put them away, you have to make the effort to bring all the bags back out to your car. By then, it’s just time to go to bed…

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
So here we are witnessing our country being systematically destroyed before our very eyes. Ongoing pandemic, escalating racial tensions/violence, border crisis, people killing each other and themselves, inflation phasing out the middle class, and that’s just scratching the surface! You name it, everything we once enjoyed is going away or will forever be changed for the worse.

Meanwhile, someone decided it would be an opportune time to further inconvenience everyone and get rid of plastic bags in grocery stores for good! Really? Is this necessary when we have so many other things to worry about and are just trying to keep a degree of sanity and survive?

I finally put some of the reusable plastic bags in my car a few months ago. How often do you think I remember to bring them in the store with me? When I do, I still get pissed because once you get home and bring all your groceries in your house and put them away, you have to make the effort to bring all the bags back out to your car. By then, it’s just time to go to bed…
I bought cases of regular plastic grocery bags and large ones on Amazon, those paper bags piss me off and they never been so low quality (I love trees, and recycling causes carbon waste) and re-usable bags are unsanitary and the cleaning process is more harmful for the environment than plastic bags.

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I bought cases of regular plastic grocery bags and large ones on Amazon, those paper bags piss me off and they never been so low quality (I love trees, and recycling causes carbon waste) and re-usable bags are unsanitary and the cleaning process is more harmful for the environment than plastic bags.

Those are some good deals!

Yeah, the paper bags are a no-go. They are hard to carry without the handles the plastic bags used to have and are flimsy. People in apartments must get really pissed attempting to lug those up flights of stairs and having to make multiple trips. Meanwhile, you are more likely to damage the products you just paid a fortune for.

I don’t know about anyone else, but the stock plastic bags of the past were actually something we always saved and reused for various things. Scooping cat litter, bringing lunch to work, storing things in the fridge or elsewhere. They never went to waste. The bag crisis has not been given proper attention.

What is happening…have we really resorted to talking about bags?