Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
hope everyone is enjoying their saturday?

i am having a great day and wish everyone else the same!!!:)

'and all you touch and all you see
is all your life will ever be'

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

Some deep words there bigt! Very true tho!

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote

Sunday here! Been good so far. Hope you and your fam are doing well

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Sunday here! Been good so far. Hope you and your fam are doing well
thank you, kind sir...tell your dad 'wish you were here' he will know what i mean, lol.

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
On a side note, do you guys have any experience with quitting drinking? What worked for you guys...?

I have been binge drinking on the weekends for a while...ive had a coupke stints where I didn't drink for a month or two, but then something stressful will happen and I'll go pick up beer.

It usually starts an argument with the wife and so on...i recently reached out to the pastor at the church I go to, and im going to use him for accountability....

Sorry if I seem like I'm rambling....im just kind of at a loss...

dixonk

dixonk

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
On a side note, do you guys have any experience with quitting drinking? What worked for you guys...?

I have been binge drinking on the weekends for a while...ive had a coupke stints where I didn't drink for a month or two, but then something stressful will happen and I'll go pick up beer.

It usually starts an argument with the wife and so on...i recently reached out to the pastor at the church I go to, and im going to use him for accountability....

I gave up the drink Feb 2018. I was up 75 lbs. I was getting tossed out of bars and blacking out. Went to the hospital and had blood work done for the blackouts and my liver, kidney, and pancreas were a decimal point away from failing. I gave it up cold turkey and haven’t looked back.

My routine was coffee till lunch, beer till dinner, and whiskey till bed. Now I still go out and hang out with buddies Friday nights at the usual hangouts, but I drink club soda with lime. My bloods are perfect now. Better shape then I have ever been in.

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
I gave up the drink Feb 2018. I was up 75 lbs. I was getting tossed out of bars and blacking out. Went to the hospital and had blood work done for the blackouts and my liver, kidney, and pancreas were a decimal point away from failing. I gave it up cold turkey and haven’t looked back.

My routine was coffee till lunch, beer till dinner, and whiskey till bed. Now I still go out and hang out with buddies Friday nights at the usual hangouts, but I drink club soda with lime. My bloods are perfect now. Better shape then I have ever been in.
Thats awesome, brother!!! Stories like yours make me feel like I can do it

dixonk

dixonk

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Thats awesome, brother!!! Stories like yours make me feel like I can do it
It’s a huge mind game. Once you realize the drink isn’t giving back what you are putting in, it makes it easier to forget about it. Find another way to blow off steam. Shooting, lifting, riding motorcycles, anything.

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
It’s a huge mind game. Once you realize the drink isn’t giving back what you are putting in, it makes it easier to forget about it. Find another way to blow off steam. Shooting, lifting, riding motorcycles, anything.
Thats what I need to do...ive been lifting consistently but im gonna start running again....this seems to help with my anxiety and clears my perpetual brain fog.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

I went cold turkey 20 years ago, so I think I never had that alcohol gene in me, but I do know people that had success with counseling. See if there is any group like AA that does this near by you, just go everybody is there for the same thing so dont let any anxiety get to you. Even it doesnt work you increase your chances by 100% simply by trying. :)

I just obsessed myself with fitness and stopped being around people that were of bad influence around me, but like I said I think Im very fortunate I was able to be so strict with myself. Never let this, oohhh just a sip, it wont work....lol that never works where your trying to quit or a recovery drinker.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote

blackouts suck...i hated being told the stupid stuff i did and not remembering.

i've got somewhere around 22 years sobriety, now.

dixonk

dixonk

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
blackouts suck...i hated being told the stupid stuff i did and not remembering.

i've got somewhere around 22 years sobriety, now.
Yeah I ended up getting walked out of few places. I am only lucky no legal trouble came out of it. Good on you for the 22 years.

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
I appreciate all the encouragement guys...i really do...this has to be it. Its starting to take a toll on my family.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Yeah I ended up getting walked out of few places. I am only lucky no legal trouble came out of it. Good on you for the 22 years.
mine didn't come easy...after i got out of the navy i was a full blown alkie, went and lived in PI fot 7 years after the navy[alcoholic heaven]-mojo and san miguel and ionamin otc. i came back not only a alkie but with a ionamin addiction to boot. spent 6 months in house at VA drug and alcohol rehab where my counselor became my AA/NA sponsor until he died several years ago. i ran a bar in olongapo and would pop ionamin all night so i could drink as much as i wanted and not get too drunk.

dixonk

dixonk

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
mine didn't come easy...after i got out of the navy i was a full blown alkie, went and lived in PI fot 7 years after the navy[alcoholic heaven]-mojo and san miguel and ionamin otc. i came back not only a alkie but with a ionamin addiction to boot. spent 6 months in house at VA drug and alcohol rehab where my counselor became my AA/NA sponsor until he died several years ago. i ran a bar in olongapo and would pop ionamin all night so i could drink as much as i wanted and not get too drunk.
Good you got out of there. Olongapo got the best of many a sailors.

Woody

Woody

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

I don’t think there’s an easy answer for this. Some people can quit cold turkey, some absolutely can’t. However, if it’s stress related, you might be able to find a different outlet. If you’re holding everything in, like most folks do, then let that **** out. Buy cheap glass/ceramics and shatter those bad boys. Sledgehammer a tire. On the less rage side of things, music/Audible or gaming.

dixonk

dixonk

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
olongapo in the 70's and 80's truly was sin city. you are right it was time to go, but i had the time of my life there!!!

Woody

Woody

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

Built and stained a storage chest for wife’s throw pillows. Gotta clear it tomorrow and get a hinge and put together a pillow for the top.

Also built and sanded a console table for formal dining room. Not my favorite design - I think the legs are too thick and bulky but wife likes 4x4 for legs. Tried a 2x2 but looked too puny. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. Just gotta paint that tomorrow.

I say tomorrow. More likely November when it’s not so damn hot and humid here . Heat was rough today.

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
I don’t think there’s an easy answer for this. Some people can quit cold turkey, some absolutely can’t. However, if it’s stress related, you might be able to find a different outlet. If you’re holding everything in, like most folks do, then let that **** out. Buy cheap glass/ceramics and shatter those bad boys. Sledgehammer a tire. On the less rage side of things, music/Audible or gaming.
Thanks man. Solid advice. Mine is definitely stress related.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

Niagara Falls, can’t believe such a beautiful place but o discovered the most extreme ghetto I ever seen, so many boarded up shytholes and some streets that didn’t look paved for 80years.

King Cumho has his name all over the national park area but not the ghetto next to it. Totally amazing and sad.

This is where I just got back from, absolutely stunning...that’s Canada in the other side, sealed borders up can’t go what a suprize Mr. Treuduo!

IMG_8250.JPG
IMG_8229.JPG
IMG_8199.JPG
IMG_8274.JPG

Last edited:
puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Niagara Falls, can’t believe such a beautiful place but o discovered the most extreme ghetto I ever seen, so many boarded up shytholes and some streets that didn’t look paved for 80years.

King Cumho has his name all over the national park area but not the ghetto next to it. Totally amazing and sad.

This is where I just got back from, absolutely stunning...that’s Canada in the other side, sealed borders up can’t go what a suprize Mr. Treuduo!

View attachment 196398View attachment 196399View attachment 196400View attachment 196401
Wow, this is so breathtaking. Thank you for sharing! I’m flying out to Coer D’Alene in a few weeks to get away from the madness for a bit! South Korea in 2022!!!

Reactions: ax1
ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Wow, this is so breathtaking. Thank you for sharing! I’m flying out to Coer D’Alene in a few weeks to get away from the madness for a bit! South Korea in 2022!!!
Thanks, enjoy your trip I’ll look that up!

Here is some more, that first pic that top platform as close to the fall as possible gets you almost hurricane force winds, at least felt like it lol! Caught a double rainbow from above the falls in one of the pics. Some pics were off a boat, you get wet.

Adjustments.JPG
IMG_7968.JPG
IMG_8006.JPG
IMG_7882.JPG
IMG_7808.JPG
IMG_7729.JPG

Attachments

Last edited:
puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thanks, enjoy your trip I’ll look that up!

Here is some more, that first pic that top platform as close to the fall as possible gets you almost hurricane force winds, at least felt like it lol!View attachment 196402View attachment 196403View attachment 196404View attachment 196405View attachment 196406View attachment 196407View attachment 196408
Wow!!!!! That’s so amazing! Mom and I were planning to go but Covid and other things happened so hopefully we can go next spring!!! I looks amazing!

Reactions: ax1
ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Wow!!!!! That’s so amazing! Mom and I were planning to go but Covid and other things happened so hopefully we can go next spring!!! I looks amazing!
I live in New York was about a 7 hour drive for me, wanted to go to Canada, that’s where you can go inside the waterfall in the back.

There is a pedestrian bridge you can walk right across right in the park, half the bridge is in Canada the other half in USA but it’s locked down. It’s hard to see but the Canadian and USA flags are in the middle.

I really recommend going it’s Amazing and check out Youngstown 20 minutes north, Fort Niagara’s built in the 1600s by the French. A lot of history there with French fighting the British and also our founding fathers getting hold of it. They let you go inside. It’s on the corner of Niagra River and Lake Ontario, you can see Toronto across the lake from it.

IMG_7720.JPG

IMG_7702.JPG

IMG_8112.JPG
IMG_8128.JPG

View attachment 196415

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I live in New York was about a 7 hour drive for me, wanted to go to Canada, that’s where you can go inside the waterfall in the back.

There is a pedestrian bridge you can walk right across right in the park, half the bridge is in Canada the other half in USA but it’s locked down. It’s hard to see but the Canadian and USA flags are in the middle.

I really recommend going it’s Amazing and check out Youngstown 20 minutes north, Fort Niagara’s built in the 1600s by the French. A lot of history there with French fighting the British and also our founding fathers getting hold of it. They let you go inside. It’s on the corner of Niagra River and Lake Ontario, you can see Toronto across the lake from it.

View attachment 196411
View attachment 196412
View attachment 196413View attachment 196414
View attachment 196415
Wow! Absolutely stunning!!! I love traveling and seeing stuff like this!

nostrum420

nostrum420

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar

It got away from me a bit when the quarantine started. Is there something you can do instead of drinking that might scratch that itch? For me it was subbing in a little extra weed (I know; you're shocked. lol) but I doubt that's your jam.

Maybe try some "nootropics?" I find 5-HTP, Mucuna Pruriens, Ashwagandha, Theanine and Phenibut are pretty effective for calming me down when this lib gets "triggered." 😉

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

Some deep words there bigt! Very true tho!

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

A good friend of mine, who is actually my barber, has been sober for nearly 12 years. He was a biker guy, got into meth, and drank like a fish. Some of his customers would bring him a tall boy to drink while he cut their hair. He drink at lunch, and continue into the night. He would show up late to work with customers waiting for him on a daily basis. His sister shared the business with him and she put her foot down and told him to get cleaned up or she was going to kick him out of the business. He ended up going to AA. It’s something to think about man. Not everyone can quit on their own, so don’t think this is something you need to do alone. The first step is always the hardest man! Kudos to you for recognizing it!!

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

That’s awesome man...congrats on your sobriety!

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

That’s awesome man...congrats on your sobriety!

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Damn, they say what Dump did giving Americans a $400 week check and extending eviction protections until the end of the year is abuse of power. Well they are right, but if Obobo can sign executive orders to flatten, obilverate coutries and prop up terrorist groups to overthrow dictators he doesn't get along with and these very people said nothing at the time, they can go stick it!!!!!

dixonk

dixonk

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Damn, they say what Dump did giving Americans a $400 week check and extending eviction protections until the end of the year is abuse of power. Well they are right, but if Obobo can sign executive orders to flatten, obilverate coutries and prop up terrorist groups to overthrow dictators he doesn't get along with and these very people said nothing at the time, they can go stick it!!!!!
Bet they aren’t celebrating the Supreme Court upholding DACA now are they lol? Precedent has now been set. As usual Trump was playing chess and the dems were playing checkers.

If they let it ride Trump wins. If they sue to remove protections and benefits from Americans Trump wins and they will look like children throwing tantrums. The next 3 months will be epic.

I’m also digging Trumps demeanor lately with his daily briefings. The guy is a world class troll and making these reporters clown themselves.

Woody

Woody

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It was a well played move by Trump, and even the “I’ll extend this stuff and forgive the taxes next year” (aka re-elect me) was smart. I’m not on board with a payroll tax cut and I also think the extra $400 should be capped at 100% of your wages. I think the $600 should have been the same. Obviously a big fan of student loan forbearance and the eviction moratorium was needed as well.

I don’t think that because Obama did something he shouldn’t have, Trump should also get to do it. An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind. But, Democrats should sit this one out and come up with legislation that moots the EO.

dixonk

dixonk

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
It was a well played move by Trump, and even the “I’ll extend this stuff and forgive the taxes next year” (aka re-elect me) was smart. I’m not on board with a payroll tax cut and I also think the extra $400 should be capped at 100% of your wages. I think the $600 should have been the same. Obviously a big fan of student loan forbearance and the eviction moratorium was needed as well.

I don’t think that because Obama did something he shouldn’t have, Trump should also get to do it. An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind. But, Democrats should sit this one out and come up with legislation that moots the EO.
Democrats are too busy trying to figure out what bathroom to use. How will they find time to legislate?

Woody

Woody

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Democrats are too busy trying to figure out what bathroom to use. How will they find time to legislate?
I’ve never really understood the conservative obsession with the bathrooms. I guess if y’all are into sneaking a peak of the dude at the urinal next to you, that’s your, ironically closeted, business.

dixonk

dixonk

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I’ve never really understood the conservative obsession with the bathrooms. I guess if y’all are into sneaking a peak of the dude at the urinal next to you, that’s your, ironically closeted, business.
Conservatives aren’t into sneaking peeks. If you are standing in front of a toilet and their is a dick in your hand you go to the men’s room. If you don’t you go to the other room. I’m not sure why democrats decided to confuse the issue.

There are only 2 genders.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote

student loan forbearance?

are you also for student loan forgiveness?

i can get on board with forbearance, but not forgiveness, but that's just me.

dixonk

dixonk

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

If they forgive student loans they had better refund me all the money I spent on my daughters college education. Otherwise no dice.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
If they forgive student loans they had better refund me all the money I spent on my daughters college education. Otherwise no dice.
my theory is don't sign on dotted line if you don't intend to pay back the debt....i don't expect the government to forgive my loan for the new truck i just bought.

imho, there are way too many racking up huge student loan debts and taking courses they could never earn enough to pay back.

giving students loans today kind of reminds me of the savings and loan crisis of the 80's and 90's.

dixonk

dixonk

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
my theory is don't sign on dotted line if you don't intend to pay back the debt....i don't expect the government to forgive my loan for the new truck i just bought.

imho, there are way too many racking up huge student loan debts and taking courses they could never earn enough to pay back.

giving students loans today kind of reminds me of the savings and loan crisis of the 80's and 90's.
You mean you don’t want your tax money going to some libiots Bachelor of Arts in underwater basket weaving degree???

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
You mean you don’t want your tax money going to some libiots Bachelor of Arts in underwater basket weaving degree???
actually i don't care what they study or major in...as long as they pay their bar tab!!!!

what i think is that before giving loan the loan officer should make sure the person will be able to pay it back, and a basket weaving degree isn't going to cut it, imo.

Last edited:
puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

I’m in about 104k in student loan debt. I don’t want it forgiven, I chose to take out the loans, go to school, and better myself. My choice, my responsibility. People who went to college knew what they were getting into.

Who goes out to buy a house, a car, and feels like they should be forgiven for it? 🤦🏽‍♀️

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I’m in about 104k in student loan debt. I don’t want it forgiven, I chose to take out the loans, go to school, and better myself. My choice, my responsibility. People who went to college knew what they were getting into.

Who goes out to buy a house, a car, and feels like they should be forgiven for it? 🤦🏽‍♀️
the difference being that before they give a loan for a house or car they make sure you are able to pay it back and require a down payment ......like i said before the way they are giving out student loans is very similar to the savings and loan crisis of 80's and 90's...and we all know how that turned out.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Good on Trump for this. At a time when so many people are struggling and afraid of missing rent payments, something like this is so good to see.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote

Forbearance makes more sense to me.