Donald Trump running for president

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Numbers are going up due to increased testing....

The death rate in CA is .04 percent i believe.
.04%, I think you believe wrong, or missed at least one zero. There are over 7,000 deaths due to it in California. With a 0.04% death rate, you'd be looking at 17,500,000 cases, when they're reporting ~329,000 cases, which comes out to ~2%. Even if you assume that only 1/5 of the cases were actually reported/documented/confirmed, you're still looking at 0.5%.

For your number to be accurate, ~45% of California's population would have already have to have gotten the virus for your number to be accurate, which really, really sounds unlikely.

In summary, I think you mean 0.4%, not 0.04%.

Also, numbers are NOT only going up solely because of increased testing. Plenty of places/states/countries have the same increased testing capability and have no increases in cases, or even drastic decreases in new cases over time.

Please try to check your numbers before posting.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
.04%, I think you believe wrong, or missed at least one zero. There are over 7,000 deaths due to it in California. With a 0.04% death rate, you'd be looking at 17,500,000 cases, when they're reporting ~329,000 cases, which comes out to ~2%. Even if you assume that only 1/5 of the cases were actually reported/documented/confirmed, you're still looking at 0.5%.

For your number to be accurate, ~45% of California's population would have already have to have gotten the virus for your number to be accurate, which really, really sounds unlikely.

Also, numbers are NOT only going up solely because of increased testing. Plenty of places/states/countries have the same increased testing capability and have no increases in cases, or even drastic decreases in new cases over time.

But math is hard & too objective and I’d rather act like i know what im talking about by making shît up as I go along, MUC!

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar

Yes... .4 percent. My bad lol.

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
But math is hard & too objective and I’d rather act like i know what im talking about by making shît up as I go along, MUC!
You're so "woke" bro...

Keep wearing that mask while you drive...lol

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It reminds me of a story one of my professors told me (in before people claim universities are only indoctrination machines, even though I have a STEM degree which has ZERO to do with politics) where a bunch of people fresh out of school ran an analysis of a drainage or water system on some software, and got some number that was either crazy high or crazy low, and they kept insisting it was right because that’s what the software said, instead of going back and looking for a mistake in the input. The moral of the story is if you get some number that seems way too high or way too low, you probably did something wrong. IIRC he even said if, on an exam, you run out of time after realizing your answer is so far off, if you recognize it’s super far off and make note of it, you’ll get more partial credit. We all make mistakes in calculations here and there, I know I’ve made one here I think, both in regards to the virus and to a general supplement conversion one time IIRC, but I don’t keep making the same mistakes repeatedly and then draw bad conclusions from them. That’s the difference.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yes... .4 percent. My bad lol.
No worries, but maybe try to check your numbers from now on. This isn’t the first time you’ve made such a mistake regarding the same topic. And then you make bad conclusions based on your incorrect calculations. We’re all human, but you can be better than that, I have faith in you.

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
Sir yes sir

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Numbers are going up due to increased testing....

The death rate in CA is .04 percent i believe.
Its 2.3% based on official numbers. You need to compare total deaths against total cases, not against the total population. Not everyone has covid, so those who aren't infected should be excluded.

The case fatality rate won't be known for some time, and during an outbreak it should only be used as a rough guide on mortality.

Edit: i see this has already been pointed out

Last edited:
jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Double

Last edited:
jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Last edited:
Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
2 million people died from Tuberculosis in 2019...how come no one was forced to wear masks for that?

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
2 million people died from Tuberculosis in 2019...how come no one was forced to wear masks for that?
Barely anybody gets that in the USA though, think less than 10k cases and under 1k deaths.

Didnt look any further, where are people getting it?

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
in 1980 4million kids wore jason voorhees masks for halloween-and no one forced them!!!!

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
On a side note...lol

20200714_070816.jpg

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
daniel lee was pronounced dead at 8:07 am this morning....

his last words were...

'you're killing an innocent man'

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Interesting they pulled this stunt off overnight.
very good, i was wondering if anyone picked up on the speed at which the supreme's acted in this case.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
very good, i was wondering if anyone picked up on the speed at which the supreme's acted in this case.
And I meant the whole process, from CiaNN "The Supreme Court cleared the way for the resumption of the federal death penalty in an unsigned order released after 2 a.m. ET Tuesday."

Like these old over the hill geezers are up over this at 2am????

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
And I meant the whole process, from CiaNN "The Supreme Court cleared the way for the resumption of the federal death penalty in an unsigned order released after 2 a.m. ET Tuesday."

Like these old over the hill geezers are up over this at 2am????
yeah right, lol....they knew it was coming and had it signed and ready for delivery in advance....did you happen to see what the vote count was, i don't do cnn.

ok, found it, vote was 5-4.

Last edited:
ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
yeah right, lol....they knew it was coming and had it signed and ready for delivery in advance....did you happen to see what the vote count was, i don't do cnn.
Off the top of my head I remember reading 5-4 and they also blocked the lower court in the process.

So like 55% of the most powerful court system in the universe justifies pulling the trigger to kill someone who claims their innocent?

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
next up is wesley purkey on wednesday and dustin
honken on friday....

lee's execution went without incident but with 2 more scheduled executions this week i expect the amount of protesters to grow.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Off the top of my head I remember reading 5-4 and they also blocked the lower court in the process.

So like 55% of the most powerful court system in the universe justifies pulling the trigger to kill someone who claims their innocent?
the crimes for which he was convicted are particularly heinous, as are the other 2 scheduled to be executed this week-all involved children.

but i have weighed this out and came down on the side of being opposed to capital punishment---if i start making exceptions it is a slippery slope so even though i think they are scumbags, i will oppose their executions.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
the next 3 scheduled executions are all white...i wonder if protest turnout will be higher when they get to a black man?

Reactions: ax1
Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Err, that's not very common to die from in the US.

It's also very widespread - approx 1/4 of the pop has had latent TB. We dont wear facemasks for the common cold or flu, but covid produces far more complications.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Also bear in mind that TB isn't novel. It can be treated with long courses of anti biotics as it is a bacterial infection.

Covid has no known treatment yet. And typically, viruses cannot be effectively treated, especially ones that are novel.

Once antibiotics stop being effective against superbugs, then TB and other bacterial diseases will likely cause HUGE issues. They expect superbugs to be serious threats to humanity in my lifetime.

Things like multi drug resistant campylobacter and atypical salmonella are already serious threats. Things that people could typically fight off with meds.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Also bear in mind that TB isn't novel. It can be treated with long courses of anti biotics as it is a bacterial infection.

Covid has no known treatment yet. And typically, viruses cannot be effectively treated, especially ones that are novel.

Once antibiotics stop being effective against superbugs, then TB and other bacterial diseases will likely cause HUGE issues. They expect superbugs to be serious threats to humanity in my lifetime.

Things like multi drug resistant campylobacter and atypical salmonella are already serious threats. Things that people could typically fight off with meds.
over prescribing of antibiotics is a big concern...

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

As of today I confirm liquor stores to be essential business’s.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
in the news---RBG is back in the hospital

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
For TB treatment, or in general? Because those are two majorly different things.
lol...in general. i know a woman that demands antibiotics at least 3x a year for sinus infections and then whines because they don't help-even though i have told her repeatedly that sinus infections are usually viral. her doctor keeps giving them to her?

just a personal example of someone i know, but i've read that over prescribing is becoming a serious concern.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
lol...in general. i know a woman that demands antibiotics at least 3x a year for sinus infections and then whines because they don't help-even though i have told her repeatedly that sinus infections are usually viral. her doctor keeps giving them to her?

just a personal example of someone i know, but i've read that over prescribing is becoming a serious concern.
And that seems largely irrelevant for TB, unless you think someone is getting TB three times a year and using antibiotics every time.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
ok, the report says 'possible' infection, then goes on to say she will stay in hospital a few days to receive iv antibiotics--why the hell do they give iv antibiotics for a 'possible' infection?

dixonk

dixonk

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
ok, the report says 'possible' infection, then goes on to say she will stay in hospital a few days to receive iv antibiotics--why the hell do they give iv antibiotics for a 'possible' infection?
How many times is this now just in the last year? She needs to retire.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
And that seems largely irrelevant for TB, unless you think someone is getting TB three times a year and using antibiotics every time.
lol...i said in general, nowhere did i say antibiotics were being over prescribed for tb :)

hell, i don't know anyone who's even ever had tb!!!

dixonk

dixonk

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
lol...i said in general, nowhere did i say antibiotics were being over prescribed for tb :)

I know lots of people that had TB. None of them have ever seen the US though. I have to reject dozens of applicants every year for foreign work deployment because of TB diagnosis or for ever having it. Hell my wife’s brother had TB.

dixonk

dixonk

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

I know lots of people that had TB. None of them have ever seen the US though. I have to reject dozens of applicants every year for foreign work deployment because of TB diagnosis or for ever having it. Hell my wife’s brother had TB.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
over prescribing of antibiotics is a big concern...
It absolutely is. Even more broadly, overuse of antibiotics in farming and people not completing courses are hugely problematic

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
It's pretty common - they estimate 1 in 4 of the general pop has TB. Usually the latent form though

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
1. It’s a HIPAA violation for someone at the hospital to tell someone in the media exactly whats going on. So she probably does have an infection and got antibiotics, but if the reporter only catches wind that shes on abxs from family or whatever other non hospital employee, they write “possible” infection because they dunno for sure.

2. She could have been extremely ill, like unstable, with clinical or laboratory signs of sepsis in which case antibiotics are initiated for a “presumed” infection. Meaning all signs point to her having one, but they haven’t localized the source yet. This is a potentially life saving measure for a patient.

Thats all just pure speculation on my end.

Last edited:
muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

You directly replied to someone talking about antibiotics for TB lol...

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
1. It’s a HIPPA violation for someone at the hospital to tell someone in the media exactly whats going on. So she probably does have an infection and got antibiotics, but if the reporter only catches wind that shes on abxs from family or whatever other non hospital employee, they write “possible” infection because they dunno for sure.

2. She could have been extremely ill, like unstable, with clinical or laboratory signs of sepsis in which case antibiotics are initiated for a “presumed” infection. Meaning all signs point to her having one, but they haven’t localized the source yet. This is a potentially life saving measure for a patient.

Thats all just pure speculation on my end.
makes as much sense as anything else i've heard..

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
You directly replied to someone talking about antibiotics for TB lol...

lol...then why did you ask me tb or in general to which i replied in general...go back and reread the post jiigzz was refering to superbugs

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
They need term limits in the Supreme Court, these lifetime posts are ridiculous. Congress needs term limits too.
I'm not in the US, but this does seem like something that needs to be done

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
20200715_000618.jpg